• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexei Navalny's doctors refuse to let Putin critic leave Russian hospital, say he is too unwell to

year2late

IIJAFM
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Alexei Navalny's doctors refuse to let Putin critic leave Russian hospital, say he is too unwell to be moved

The 44-year-old is in a coma after falling ill during a flight on Thursday.
Alexander Murakhovsky, the head doctor treating Navalny, said on Friday that the politician's health condition had improved a little but attempting to move him would pose a threat to his life.
"The ban on the transportation of Navalny is only needed to stall for time and wait until the poison in his body can no longer be traced," Kira Yarmysh, Navalny's spokesperson, said via Twitter on Friday, according to a translation.

I am curious about refusal to transfer. We transfer patients that are critically ill ALL THE TIME. And if the patient/next of kin wants him transported, there should be little issue.

I desperately want to believe that the "poison" issue is conspiracy theory nonsense. But Putin kinda makes that difficult. I don't think I would feel safe and secure if I opposed Putin

Putin likes to poison his opposition, though, so I think there's credibility to the poisoning theory.

Putin likes to poison his opposition, though, so I think there's credibility to the poisoning theory.

Yes, he does have allegations of that.

As a critical care nurse, I cannot fathom why they have prohibited transferring him. They "state" it is on medical grounds, but say he is improving. Critical care transports are not an unusual thing. Think of critically ill people being transported from rural area hospitals to major facilities to manage their illness. I know this is Russia...but hell...it seems like this should not be rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom