• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexei Navalny to be flown to Germany for suspected poisoning treatment

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Alexei Navalny to be flown to Germany for suspected poisoning treatment | World news | The Guardian

The Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny is expected to be flown to Germany early on Saturday morning to receive treatment for a suspected poisoning that has left him in a coma for 36 hours.

Doctors treating Navalny in the Siberian city of Omsk permitted his discharge after a tense 12-hour standoff with his family and aides, who said Navalny’s life was in danger in Russia.

I fear Alexei may be beyond help at this point.

Alexei Navalny to be flown to Germany for suspected poisoning treatment | World news | The Guardian

The Russian opposition activist Alexei Navalny is expected to be flown to Germany early on Saturday morning to receive treatment for a suspected poisoning that has left him in a coma for 36 hours.

Doctors treating Navalny in the Siberian city of Omsk permitted his discharge after a tense 12-hour standoff with his family and aides, who said Navalny’s life was in danger in Russia.

I fear Alexei may be beyond help at this point.

If he was poisoned, did they stall long enough to have it cleared from his system?

There was no medical reason for them to stall the transfer. They had indicated he was improving. And frankly....people are transported in extremely critical condition all the time.

Damn, I hate conspiracy theories....but with Putin? Hard to not go that way.

I wonder why the poison instead of a bullet in the head. Is it the plausible deniability? The extended suffering? The sensationalism? The delayed reaction allowing the assassins to escape before symptoms occur? Why is this the new preferred method of extermination, when it is so public and obvious?

I wonder why the poison instead of a bullet in the head. Is it the plausible deniability? The extended suffering? The sensationalism? The delayed reaction allowing the assassins to escape before symptoms occur? Why is this the new preferred method of extermination, when it is so public and obvious?

Really? A bullet in the head creates a mess, a crime scene, and a undeniable manner of death. No plausible denial is possible with a bullet to the head because that is as public and obvious as it gets. But state sponsored created and executed poisonings. Whole different animal. Those are quite stealthy.

Really? A bullet in the head creates a mess, a crime scene, and a undeniable manner of death. No plausible denial is possible with a bullet to the head because that is as public and obvious as it gets. But state sponsored created and executed poisonings. Whole different animal. Those are quite stealthy.

See, that was my first reaction. Then it occured to me "I'm literally reading international news about this poisoning; is it really so stealthy?" The victim is being flown around to different hospitals, creating news and witnesses wherever he goes. We know he didn't just have some bad gas station sushi. If he had slipped in the shower and fell onto a pile of bullets, and they took his watch to claim robbery, would that have been any less "stealthy"?

I was interested in others opinions. Thank you for sharing yours.

Back
Top Bottom