• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I think Walter Williams suggested an amendment that says no law shall be enacted that exempts congress from its dictates.
I agree with how basiat put it

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You're living in a dream world, I'm sorry.

How is it living in a "dream world?" We are the only nation of the nearly 40 1st world nations that does not have universal health coverage. Aspiring to something that is, actually, a fundamental human right is NOT living in a dream world.

Love how AOC inadvertently highlights how expensive Obamacare made health insurance.

Wait, what.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, on any subject.

How is it living in a "dream world?" We are the only nation of the nearly 40 1st world nations that does not have universal health coverage. Aspiring to something that is, actually, a fundamental human right is NOT living in a dream world.
It is not a fundentamental human right. It is one of the luxuries of living in an advanced society.

The concept that something is so valuable that it must be free and in an abundance is queer to me. Why not demand doctors, nurses, research scientists, dentists, pharmacists, etc... all earn minimum wage too. I mean how dare they profit off of providing people who are suffering relief.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How refreshing is this?

It's about time someone drew attention to this crap. You go, Girl!

I think it's sad that she's just discovering this now. Attention being drawn to this crap, has been done for years. You've never heard this before?

The bottom quintile get Medicaid. It's second quintile that is being put in a bind.

Sorry, poverty alone is not an eligbility for medicaid.

I may not agree with AOC’s politics.

Now:
- GOP VP candidate (fmr)
- Sitting GOP US Senator
- GOP Governor (fmr)
- US Senator that killed the Public Option
- Entire Conservative Cable News Channel + YouTube universe

Have ALL gone after me, just to get lit up.

I’m not even sworn in yet. Don’t y’all have jobs to do?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1069400579766661121

But, I like her style

Yeah, higher wages to cover the 85% tax burden government run healthcare brings. No thank you!

Strange, the average country with a universal healthcare pays half of its GDP compared to America.

Great to see her kick both Huckabees fat asses...No backing down.....No quarter......Blue State America stands strong and proud against these trump loving idiots

Strange, the average country with a universal healthcare pays half of its GDP compared to America.

There are many strange facts about healthcare. Among them:

1) The US spends about 17.5% of GDP on healthcare. The developed nations of western Europe (and Canada) spend a median average of 10.5 to 11 percent of their GDPs. These countries spend about .59 to .63 of their GDP compared to the United States.

2) Not so strange is that the averaged GDP expenditure compared to the average outcome shows the US has the highest survival rates for diseases.

3) Among the so-called UHI countries universality is not a strongest correlation to healthcare outcome is (which significantly varies) but that of per capita income; the richer the OECD country is per capita the better the care given.

4) What counts as healthcare expenditures in one country is methodologically different in another country. Until such time there is a concerted effort to compare apples to apples, broad statements about international cost comparisons are suspect.

Other than that, your post was fine.

There are many strange facts about healthcare. Among them:

1) The US spends about 17.5% of GDP on healthcare. The developed nations of western Europe (and Canada) spend a median average of 10.5 to 11 percent of their GDPs. These countries spend about .59 to .63 of their GDP compared to the United States.

2) Not so strange is that the averaged GDP expenditure compared to the average outcome shows the US has the highest survival rates for diseases.

3) Among the so-called UHI countries universality is not a strongest correlation to healthcare outcome is (which significantly varies) but that of per capita income; the richer the OECD country is per capita the better the care given.

4) What counts as healthcare expenditures in one country is methodologically different in another country. Until such time there is a concerted effort to compare apples to apples, broad statements about international cost comparisons are suspect.

Other than that, your post was fine.

Canada spends less on their GDP on healthcare compared to America. But, Canada has a longer lifespan then the United States has.

Sorry, poverty alone is not an eligbility for medicaid.

Indeed, poverty is an eligibility where Medicaid is available, including eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, elderly adults and people with disabilities. Medicaid is administered by individual states, according to federal requirements. The federal requirement in states that expanded Medicaid, a person may qualify for Medicaid if they earn $16,643 a year as a single individual or $28,180 for a family of three, while other family sizes can qualify at higher incomes. That's it, poverty = medicaid availability.

Indeed, poverty is an eligibility where Medicaid is available, including eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, elderly adults and people with disabilities. Medicaid is administered by individual states, according to federal requirements. The federal requirement in states that expanded Medicaid, a person may qualify for Medicaid if they earn $16,643 a year as a single individual or $28,180 for a family of three, while other family sizes can qualify at higher incomes. That's it, poverty = medicaid availability.

I've bolded the important caveat. They may qualify for medicaid. Poverty does not guarantee eligibility for medicaid.

I've bolded the important caveat. They may qualify for medicaid. Poverty does not guarantee eligibility for medicaid.

What is your definition of poverty? According the United States Federal government, poverty has very specific income guidelines.

What is your definition of poverty? According the United States Federal government, poverty has very specific income guidelines.

That's irrelevant. Poverty, regardless of how you define it, is not a criterion for medicaid qualification. You can be in poverty and be refused medicaid assistance.

That's irrelevant. Poverty, regardless of how you define it, is not a criterion for medicaid qualification. You can be in poverty and be refused medicaid assistance.

Facts are facts and you absolutely cannot nor do you have any right to create your own facts. Poverty has a definition and the poverty line as defined by the U.S. Federal Government will stand no matter what you claim or how much you deny it.

Why don't you you give an example right now at how someone living at or below the poverty level would be denied medical care?

Canada spends less on their GDP on healthcare compared to America. But, Canada has a longer lifespan then the United States has.

There are many reasons for the difference in life span, as there are for the differences in disease outcome and GDP.

So your implying the exceptions are the rule?

If poor people want healthcare, they just shouldn't be poor.

It's that simple.

LOL, right wingers are just straight up dumb. While they suck corporate **** and defend the companies making billiions in profits and their employees not making a livable wage.

How refreshing is this?

It's about time someone drew attention to this crap. You go, Girl!

Odd, I could have sworn that about one-half of the political right was drawing attention to the Congressional perks compared to Obamacare, and trying to make it a requirement for them to pay and join the same plan provided to her (minus her subsidies, of course).

Facts are facts and you absolutely cannot nor do you have any right to create your own facts. Poverty has a definition and the poverty line as defined by the U.S. Federal Government will stand no matter what you claim or how much you deny it.

Why don't you you give an example right now at how someone living at or below the poverty level would be denied medical care?

I've already given you evidence from your own link:

"A person*may*qualify for Medicaid if they earn $16,643 a year as a single individual or $28,180 for a family of three..."

May qualify for Medicaid... may. Therefore they may not qualify depending on circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom