• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez triumphs over her Wall Street-backed Democratic primary opponent

Surrealistik

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
AOC wins primary, beating Wall Street-backed Michelle Caruso-Cabrera - Business Insider

New York Primary Election Results: 14th Congressional District - The New York Times

Eliza Relman said:
The final numbers from Tuesday's primary won't be known for at least several days, given this year's large number of absentee ballots. But, thus far, Ocasio-Cortez won nearly 73% of the vote, according to Decision Desk HQ.

New York Times said:
This is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s first re-election campaign, and she drew a well-financed challenger in Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, a former CNBC anchor. A.O.C. took the challenge seriously enough that she paid for a late attack ad calling her opponent a former Republican.

Man, I knew AOC would win, even decisively, but I had no idea she'd crush by this much, especially relative to such a well-funded establishment opponent; her future in politics and the Congress is clearly assured.

Also:

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1275678839134355458

It made Trump's day to know one of his fav four is getting closer to being elected unlike himself.

She'll probably be in that seat for the rest of her life, unless she's ambitious.

Has it really been 2 years since she got elected? well, a year and half to be technical.

I won a bet on that. I've bet that all 4 of the "squad" (or whatever they are called) will be re-elected.

I won a bet on that. I've bet that all 4 of the "squad" (or whatever they are called) will be re-elected.

So you're finally seeing what the majority of Americans have been trying to tell you. Democrats will win back the senate, increase their hold in the house, and send Dirtbag Donnie packing.

lmao I remember a few people on this board questioning her district support on numerous occasions. Glad we've got that sad talking point cleared up.

She'll probably be in that seat for the rest of her life, unless she's ambitious.

She's in that seat and won in a blow out precisely because she is ambitious.

Money doesn't win elections.

lmao I remember a few people on this board questioning her district support on numerous occasions. Glad we've got that sad talking point cleared up.

I remember when some of the citizens of Trump Fan Nation declared her candidacy over when that Amazon thing happened.

Guess they were wrong.

Back
Top Bottom