• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she can’t afford apartment in DC until she receives congressional sala

They should just let every Rep stay in their house, put in some cameras so we can watch it all, and call it.......... "The House of Representatives".

hmm now that does bring up a good point.. if we could only require senate and congress cams, where they have to wear a body camera while they are on official duties, except for security clearance stuff... that might take care of some corrupt politicians.

of course, they would never go for that.

Last edited:
Wow. Sounds like you have a bitter axe to grind. I think she's merely stating a matter of fact. It's telling that somebody who is not rich wins so rarely that they encounter unique problems most candidates never have to think about. Congress is riddled with elites and we need more people like her representing the people, people that are more like her than ivy league born into wealth disconnects. But you seem to think those are all negatives.

That fact she's stating wouldn't be a surprise to most people.
I think we may see that will be a recurring problem for her.

am I the only person thinking this is total Bull****. She comes from a family that could and has help her. This is nothing more than a false narrative to make the bar wench look more appealing than she is. Until she gets her salary she can bond with the homeless over steam grates. She can use her previous experience and show winos how to get a perfect pour from a bottle of Thunderbird

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she can’t afford apartment in DC until she receives congressional salary

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/al...n-d-c-until-she-receives-congressional-salary

​Seems to me there has got to be some sort of expense account that would cover this stuff during a transition.

Sounds like her healthcare plans. All those plans, no clue where to get the money. At least in this case, unlike her healthcare plan, there's a guaranteed thing coming up in 3 months or so that will get her the money.

She can commute until she can afford to rent there....

She could drive there in 5 hours, stay in a hotel for as little as 360 per week, or stay in her office for free....I don't see a problem.

I recommend the Acela express from NY to DC.
That's what Nadler does and his call with supporters about his plans was overheard and reported.
Sheer magic.
Imagine the gems from an uninhibited Alexandria Cortez?
It would work for a reality series.
There's her income right there.

She is a bright young woman, no question. However she's been living a spoiled disconnected life thanks to her family. It happens all too often. Parents love their children and give them everything they wanted themselves during their growth years. We sometimes forget as parents, our children need to learn self discipline in the ways of the world. We can hope that this young lady learns quickly as she espouses the needs of those in need. The people come first, not her personal comfort and not political agendas designed to patronize those being served.

Oh god you really bought into the "she's actually a trust fund baby" right wing propaganda :lamo

Oh god you really bought into the "she's actually a trust fund baby" right wing propaganda :lamo

No, I've met her. I make my own judgments. Nowhere did I tell anyone she's a trust fund baby, take that BS to the toilet. She is what she is. She is spoiled and disconnected. Seen it with my own eyes, heard it with my own ears, and she really doesn't have clue how things work. I've met many of every generation post immigrant who have suffered the same. Nothing unusual, and more than one have entered the arena only to fall on their faces because of that disconnect. Her constituency is expecting her to bring home the chorizos, she doesn't and she's history. Plenty of others in the community paying their dues for the right to do their people good. She just jumped the gun as an Hispanic with no adversaries. A cute young women who the Spanish speaking grandma's opened their hearts. She didn't pay her dues and I predict that will cost her, quickly.

My kids could have had anything they wanted. I made them earn whatever they wanted. For that self discipline, the are better adults, better parents themselves. They still don't need to work, but each is in a form of public service. Give that some thought. And don't ever tell me again I bought into any BS, it's a sign of weakness on your part.

45841131_566577023777249_1141588511841845248_n.jpg

It's likely true, it's expensive there. I don't know if they actually have expense reports for things like that or if politicians are supposed to be responsible for their own housing arrangements. Since our politicians tend to be independently wealthy, it's usually not a problem.

She's a liar or very bad with money.

I know for a fact the dresses she wears cost more than $1,000.

She's a liar or very bad with money.

I know for a fact the dresses she wears cost more than $1,000.

How do you know that....are you claiming personal expertise and a finished investigation?

How do you know that....are you claiming personal expertise and a finished investigation?

502F11A300000578-6169791-image-a-100_1536963100525.jpg

A fake working-class girl. More like a wannabe aristocrat princess

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she can’t afford apartment in DC until she receives congressional salaryhttps://www.foxnews.com/politics/al...n-d-c-until-she-receives-congressional-salary
​Seems to me there has got to be some sort of expense account that would cover this stuff during a transition.

What an embarrassment.

They send this dimwit... who cannot figure out her own life... to **** up ours.

Put on your Big Girl Pampers, and figure it out Frau Congresswoman.

Phew... ****ing unbelievable... and embarrassing.

Propaganda???

You folks bought into he pure, unadulterated bull**** story of her being a Bronx Girl.

Me... I’m happy the dimwit is front and center of the Democrat Party. I want this genius to get as much face time as possible...

...like this idiocy about being unable to figure out her own life. **** me... ROTFLOL... what a total embarrassment.

Last edited:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says she can’t afford apartment in DC until she receives congressional salaryhttps://www.foxnews.com/politics/al...n-d-c-until-she-receives-congressional-salary

Here... let me assist the dimwit Congresswoman:

A) She has a job, making $174,000.

B) Her Westchester County yap has been in the press for months.

Here is what you do Frau Cortez:

1. Telephone a bunch of people renting.

2. Tell them who you are.

3. Tell them your projected income. If they do not believe you, tell them to check out the pay scale of Congressmen online. And/Or, email them this and other applicable information.

4. Negotiate a deal which is palatable to one of these renters. Perhaps you can offer increased rent in lieu of paying later.

See Frau Cortez... it’s not too complicated. But for you... obviously it is.

And you, dimwit... will be responsible for legistlation affecting our lives. God Help Us.

Last edited:
Yes, that is the biggest failing of democracy (and why many people in the world seem to prefer a benevolent dictator).

In our country, ignorant voters can elect incompetent representatives.

Last edited:
Top all the GOPers in the thread going after her... thank you for showing you true ignorance when it comes to housing costs in DC and the fact Congress people have to pay for two homes and in the case of this young lady, she has to pay rent/mortgage in two of the most expensive cities in the world.

Not only that, but her job in Congress does not start until January so she is not earning anything at the moment.

And it is hilarious to think that GOPers are not fully behind her on this, since it is well known that even top GOP congressmen can't afford living in Washington and sleep in their office... speaker Ryan was one of them. It is also well known that Congress people have been cohabiting for decades.. even across party lines. Why? It is expensive as hell in Washington and the pay sucks depending where you come from and your family situation.

We get it... you hate women, Latinos and of course Democrats and see her as a potential threat for the White House at some point....

But she will figure something out because she a woman and latina... so suck it.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Top all the GOPers in the thread going after her... thank you for showing you true ignorance when it comes to housing costs in DC and the fact Congress people have to pay for two homes and in the case of this young lady, she has to pay rent/mortgage in two of the most expensive cities in the world.

Not only that, but her job in Congress does not start until January so she is not earning anything at the moment.

And it is hilarious to think that GOPers are not fully behind her on this, since it is well known that even top GOP congressmen can't afford living in Washington and sleep in their office... speaker Ryan was one of them. It is also well known that Congress people have been cohabiting for decades.. even across party lines. Why? It is expensive as hell in Washington and the pay sucks depending where you come from and your family situation.

We get it... you hate women, Latinos and of course Democrats and see her as a potential threat for the White House at some point....

But she will figure something out because she a woman and latina... so suck it.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Cry me a freaking river, she will be making 3x more than the median income for literally doing nothing but grandstanding and photo ops.

She could use her previous work experience and make some sandwiches and sell lemonade.

Maybe she should pick up a few bartending shifts before January.

I am sympathetic to her plight. On the other hand, I am delighted that we have a representative that is going through what most Americans are going through -- instead of another millionaire in Congress that is disconnected from the middle class.

I was thinking the same thing. She knows what it is like to be struggling financially - unlike all the multi-millionaires that are only interested in making more money for themselves.

I was thinking the same thing. She knows what it is like to be struggling financially - unlike all the multi-millionaires that are only interested in making more money for themselves.

Her financial disclosure form tells a different story. It’s been a standard practice for her to mislead people about her financial background from day 1 and I’m not surprised.

Lol, she must not be struggling too bad considering she has between 15k and 50k in her checking account and between 1k and 15k in investments. Life is soooooo hard for her.....

Lol, she must not be struggling too bad considering she has between 15k and 50k in her checking account and between 1k and 15k in investments. Life is soooooo hard for her.....

I’m also amused by her portrayal of herself as languishing as an impoverished waitress. The form says she was raking in almost $53,000 from the restaraunt and catering gig alone...not bad for a waitress. That in addition to undisclosed income from her position as Education Director at the National Hispanic Institute and her publishing company.

I’m also amused by her portrayal of herself as languishing as an impoverished waitress. The form says she was raking in almost $53,000 from the restaraunt and catering gig alone...not bad for a waitress. That in addition to undisclosed income from her position as Education Director at the National Hispanic Institute and her publishing company.

If you are attractive you can make really good money as a waitress or bartender. My ex was making 50k+ as a waitress. Hell, a friend of mine took a pay cut going from a waiter to working at a manufacturing plant.

Back
Top Bottom