• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Congresswoman attacked for dancing

I think Trump should use the Wars Powers Resolution and threaten military engagement with Mexico if they don't pay for the wall. Tell them that we'll finish where we left off in the Mexican-American War if they don't pay.

What a colossally stupid idea.

Like, just flat out dumb.

There is no support for such a plan and would a great way to shoot Trump’s precious wall right between the eyes.

She is doing better with her life than you, so what does that make you?

In her interview with Andersen Cooper, she has already compared herself to FDR and Abraham Lincoln.

She is completely delusional!

"I think that it only has ever been radicals that have changed this country," she said. "Abraham Lincoln made the radical decision to sign the Emancipation Proclamation. Franklin Delano Roosevelt made the radical decision to embark on establishing programs like Social Security. That is radical."

"If that’s what radical means, call me a radical," she concluded.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/oca...fdr-as-she-calls-for-70-percent-top-tax-rate/

Why do we even have "news" stories about someone on Twitter or Facebook complaining about stuff? Why would anyone possibly care about such things, much less care enough to write a "news" story?

She is the leader of the Democratic Party. Why is she always being interviewed by CNN, MSNBC, and The Young Turks? They are the one providing her a platform.

In her interview with Andersen Cooper, she has already compared herself to FDR and Abraham Lincoln.

She is completely delusional!

"I think that it only has ever been radicals that have changed this country," she said. "Abraham Lincoln made the radical decision to sign the Emancipation Proclamation. Franklin Delano Roosevelt made the radical decision to embark on establishing programs like Social Security. That is radical."

"If that’s what radical means, call me a radical," she concluded.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/oca...fdr-as-she-calls-for-70-percent-top-tax-rate/

Trump has said he is better than any other president! Again you take all of trumps comments and put them to hers and there is no comparison that trump is far more delusional and you support trump.

Also add into the fact trumps lies and you make it worse for trump compared to her. Spare us your faux outrage .

Any member of elected office knows what they are getting into when running for office.

If a member of Congress was in a "white" club in college or associating with the KKK that is not off limits. AOC is not above this.

So you equate the KKK with dancing?? Allrighty then.

This isn't Dancing with the Stars!

Rashida Tlaib is a national disgrace to this country.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a ditz.

We have brave federal workers staying on the job voluntarily working without pay because they want to see the wall built. A little maturity and patriotism from our elected officials shouldn't be too hard to ask.

OMG that's hilarious. Trump can call other countries sh*thole and tell the world he grabs em by the p*ssy but dancing?? Calling him a MOFO and you lose your minds.

Does it concern anyone that this Millenial nitwit sits on her social media timeline 24/7, counting her "likes" and snarking back at every single negative remark?
AOC needs to get over herself. She's really not all that and a bag of chips.

Are you not forgetting Trump and the tweet storms?? Oh but that's ok, right??

Mexico is paying for the wall through usmca.

Also, it would be stupid to work without pay unless there was something in it for the worker. If you are working for nothing and do not agree with the wall, you should quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lamo:lamo:lamo

There is no longer any doubt how much power and sway the Conservative media and conservative talking heads have over the GOP, and the GOP base. Trump went back on signing a deal they had to prevent a shut-down because he watched Fox blast him because he was going to 'compromise'.

Now we have GOP politicians booing AOC, and threads here daily attacking her because she is now the Con medias new bogeyman. She's 1 of 500+ politicians in DC.. She represents a tiny sliver of NY.. She can't even run for Prez in 2020. She is absolutely NO threat or has any power. Yet because she's attacked daily on Fox and the Limbaugh's the mindless GOP minions hate her..

The new GOP, goose stepping behind their Fox masters.

LOL. You must have just crawled out from your off-grid liberal bunker - its a shame that you rely on a portable radio with a frozen tuner on Rush's station, and B&W TV that only gets FOX. How dreadful.

Had you been living on the surface and on the grid in the last 24hrs, there is a chance you might have discovered what the rest of the population in this country knows - Ms. OC is lauded and fawned over constantly in the US press. Perhaps you ought to alert your fellow travelers in the MSM to their foolish obsession, because they are the one's whose locksteping PR machine have created the target.

In the last 24hrs ALONE, the MSN newsfeed has occupied my screen with SIX news stories fawning over Ms. OC. Three were on her desire for a 70 percent tax to fund her pet enthusiasms (AP, Yahoo News, Geobeats), two on her joyful dancing (USA and the Hill), and one photo slide show celebrating the 28-year-old political newcomer as the youngest woman to be elected to date. - not that her one day in office isn't more than enough to produce a slide show "on her career to date".

If you think Ms. OC ineffectual, harmless, and undeserving of attention, then clearly you ought to be directing your venom at its source - the liberal media. Don't blame Fox or Limbaugh for a media heroine of your side's making - and don't expect her ideological opponents to shut up while you'all gush love and praise for the raw and obtuse Ms. OC.

You can't have it both ways, although most liberals try.

LOL. You must have just crawled out from your off-grid liberal bunker - its a shame that you rely on a portable radio with a frozen tuner on Rush's station, and B&W TV that only gets FOX. How dreadful.

Had you been living on the surface and on the grid in the last 24hrs, there is a chance you might have discovered what the rest of the population in this country knows - Ms. OC is lauded and fawned over constantly in the US press. Perhaps you ought to alert your fellow travelers in the MSM to their foolish obsession, because they are the one's whose locksteping PR machine have created the target.

In the last 24hrs ALONE, the MSN newsfeed has occupied my screen with SIX news stories fawning over Ms. OC. Three were on her desire for a 70 percent tax to fund her pet enthusiasms (AP, Yahoo News, Geobeats), two on her joyful dancing (USA and the Hill), and one photo slide show celebrating the 28-year-old political newcomer as the youngest woman to be elected to date. - not that her one day in office isn't more than enough to produce a slide show "on her career to date".

If you think Ms. OC ineffectual, harmless, and undeserving of attention, then clearly you ought to be directing your venom at its source - the liberal media. Don't blame Fox or Limbaugh for a media heroine of your side's making - and don't expect her ideological opponents to shut up while you'all gush love and praise for the raw and obtuse Ms. OC.

So far the majority of her “offenses”, according to the right was her dancing in a video made years ago. Call us when you have something more substantial. None of which is on any comparison to the ego, narcissism, incompetence and lies from trump.

LOL.. I live in New York. And I hardly ever heard of a woman until I got on this site and see the daily hate spewed by the conservatives and the fox mindless minions here. She's a minority, she's a woman, and she's a Democrat, which means you conservatives and your Fox Masters are 3 for 3 for reasons to hate her.

So you're equating "dancing" to being in a "white club" or the "kkk"?

Well yeah. He's just pointing out that Republicans and Democrats put on different types of social gatherings. AOC and friends dance.

These proud Christians, proud members of Trump's base ("Very fine people" as Trump calls them) and proud members of the Republican party, they chant Nazi slogans.

bigots-get-boost-from-bully-pulpit.jpg

Bigots Get a Boost from the Bully Pulpit After Charlottesville

And Trump's public support of Neo Nazis and the KKK is vigorously defended by the majority of Republicans on this forum.

So clearly different strokes for different folks. You just happen to be on the side that prefers dancing to carrying torches and chanting Nazi slogans.

Last edited:
LOL.. I live in New York. And I hardly ever heard of a woman until I got on this site and see the daily hate spewed by the conservatives and the fox mindless minions here. She's a minority, she's a woman, and she's a Democrat, which means you conservatives and your Fox Masters are 3 for 3 for reasons to hate her.

Indeed. When Trump and the Republican party want to energize the base, racism, sexism, and fear are their main strategies.

Trump’s Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

Trump and G.O.P. Candidates Escalate Race and Fear as Election Ploys

Funny to see all the old white men afraid of her.....These fat old fools need to man up....Their day is over

Funny to see all the old white men afraid of her.....These fat old fools need to man up....Their day is over

I don't know if they can man up. Trump certainly doesn't think so.

Last edited:
I don't know if they can man up. Trump certainly doesn't think so.

She is freshman Congress person...Yet the fear is amusing....Still they hope to paint all Democrats in the House with her opinions....As if she is the Speaker....Typical fear mongering

So far the majority of her “offenses”, according to the right was her dancing in a video made years ago. Call us when you have something more substantial. None of which is on any comparison to the ego, narcissism, incompetence and lies from trump.

Not even close. The majority of her offenses according to the right has been her ignorance and daffiness on the middle east, medicare for all, and many other issues - to say nothing of the offenses of her enablers. Nobody of note gives a hoot about her dancing, but they do pay attention to her groupies fawning over it.

That you were barely cognizant of what the media had touted as historic after her primary upset, and all the subsequent hagiographic coverage, it not the fault of this forum. As I reminded you, the "mindlessness" started in the MSM, enabled by guys like the Chair of the Democratic party gushing over her as the future leadership of the Democratic Party, and continued with idiotic interviews with PBS, late night TV, etc.

That she is a woman minority in the Democratic party is as unnotable as it is pedestrian. That such an elected nobody loon would gin over a 1,000,000 twitter followers overnight is not - more than worthy of being targeted.

As I said, if you don't like a triviality inflated by the press, you are aiming your fire at the wrong folks.

Back
Top Bottom