• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls Big Tech giants' dominance 'unsustainable'

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/tech...-27T23:45:03&utm_term=image&utm_medium=social

It's a short article, and you should read the whole thing since I can't post enough here without getting a copyright flag.

"Breaking up and regulating the Big Tech monopolies will put many of these Democrats in conflict with some of their big money donors — so it's definitely a way to help prove your grassroots credentials," he told CNN on Saturday. "Democrats need to be leading on anti-monopoly issues in order to put an end to a second Gilded Age for those on top and misery for the rest of us."
Facebook did not comment asked by CNN for a reaction to Ocasio-Cortez's statements. The company recently said it was planning to invest $300 million in programs to help news organizations.

I don't totally disagree with her, and many Republicans will agree with her stance writ large. But as usual the devil is in the details, and time will tell. But I expect the democrat leadership will be looking to use this to convince the elites to coughing up more cash to fight "freedom reform".

What is unsustainable is having a federal government which spends 20% more every year than it dares to collect via taxation.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/tech...-27T23:45:03&utm_term=image&utm_medium=social

It's a short article, and you should read the whole thing since I can't post enough here without getting a copyright flag.

I don't totally disagree with her, and many Republicans will agree with her stance writ large. But as usual the devil is in the details, and time will tell. But I expect the democrat leadership will be looking to use this to convince the elites to coughing up more cash to fight "freedom reform".

This women i think just likes to try and sink things that have basically created the new generation of wealth in this country.
the irony is all the people that rag on trump for the stupid **** he says say nothing about her.

Her position is right in line with the liberal/progressive/left/Dem position when it comes to any business: More government control, and when you become too big or too influential to safely control, we'll break you up.

I don't have any love for FB, Twitter or any of the rest. I don't use them...and I especially don't use them as a source of news. But I believe the consumer can, and should, make their own decisions without the government putting their thumb on the scale.

For this reason, anyone who has a single preference for personal choice and personal responsibility should reject AOC out of hand.

I think the amount of AOC threads is unsustainable, if we are not careful we will deplete our supply AOC by 2022.

I think the amount of AOC threads is unsustainable, if we are not careful we will deplete our supply AOC by 2022.

AOC comment related threads appears to be a 'renewable resource' of off the wall comments.

Gosh, I guess the technology sector isn't as liberal as liberals always hoped it was. The more things change...

Her position is right in line with the liberal/progressive/left/Dem position when it comes to any business: More government control, and when you become too big or too influential to safely control, we'll break you up.

I don't have any love for FB, Twitter or any of the rest. I don't use them...and I especially don't use them as a source of news. But I believe the consumer can, and should, make their own decisions without the government putting their thumb on the scale.

For this reason, anyone who has a single preference for personal choice and personal responsibility should reject AOC out of hand.

They have all gotten too big and are treating citizen data as if it were their own property. Its time to punish certain successes that are detrimental to the health of the USA, especially when one of their leaders refuses to help the US military with advanced technology used to protect the country who hosts them.

I’d love to see the IRS do a Mueller on their taxes. They’d leave the country!

Back
Top Bottom