• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alex jones jury decides on $45.2 million in putative damages.

First, there were only two plaintiffs in this case and they were suing for $150 million. Ordinarily in a case like this you have to itemize your financial loss to bear out what you’re suing for. I have no idea how they arrived at that and I also don’t know what formula the jury used to decide on what they awarded.

In terms of what I think - all Jones is really guilty of at the end of the day is hurting peoples feelings. I wouldn’t value the feelings of the two plaintiffs involved in this case - or anyone for that matter - in the tens of millions let alone the $150 million they wanted.

Well opinions vary

The judge and jury had a different one.

Personally I would pick The Rack or Drawn and Quartered

For all these lying right wing pundits

In terms of what I think - all Jones is really guilty of at the end of the day is hurting peoples feelings.
His victims suffered harassment and death threats by Jones's followers and some of them had to move several times.

Says you. But the civil code says otherwise. I will let you do all the weeping for Jones. Good luck.
Well, the jury decided they’re not entitled to the $150 million in compensatory damages they were seeking so you can do the weeping. I just want to know what the formula was.

Unfortunately, Governor GW Bush signed a cap on punitive judgements in Texas. Nobody should be fooled the Texas protects pieces of shit like Jones... He will not be as lucky in Connecticut court..

Well, the jury decided they’re not entitled to the $150 million in compensatory damages they were seeking so you can do the weeping. I just want to know what the formula was.

The formula for deciding punitive damages? If only there were some huge, easily accessible repository of information that you could access to find out.... dang it... totally unfair...

First, there were only two plaintiffs in this case and they were suing for $150 million. Ordinarily in a case like this you have to itemize your financial loss to bear out what you’re suing for. I have no idea how they arrived at that and I also don’t know what formula the jury used to decide on what they awarded.

In terms of what I think - all Jones is really guilty of at the end of the day is hurting peoples feelings. I wouldn’t value the feelings of the two plaintiffs involved in this case - or anyone for that matter - in the tens of millions let alone the $150 million they wanted.
Hurt feelings dont lead to suicide and moving 10 times.

We don't know what they settled for.
The estimated net worth of Nick Sandmann is in excess of $1 million dollars.

Considering he was asking for totals near half a billion and he also got considerable sums from conservatives on media and in person I'd say he settled for somewhere between jack and shit.

Unfortunately, Governor GW Bush signed a cap on punitive judgements in Texas. Nobody should be fooled the Texas protects pieces of shit like Jones... He will not be as lucky in Connecticut court..

It's OK, the next case isn't in TX and they can take that verdict into account when deciding penalties.

Labdoor Tests Infowars Supplements | Nutraceuticals World
I sense a pattern in right-wing males....lolol

Are there more cases to be heard against Jones?

Use complete sentences, please. Which outlets lied, what lies did they report and how long did they report them?

For instance - From 1/20 to the present, XYZ repeatedly falsely reported that John Doe stole money from his grandmother.

Rittenhouse has been talking shit for months and fundraising off his big talk... Either shut the hell up or file...

The formula for deciding punitive damages? If only there were some huge, easily accessible repository of information that you could access to find out.... dang it... totally unfair...
Please produce this huge easily accessible repository that identifies what formula this jury elected to use to calculate the compensatory damages and the punitive damages.

Please produce this huge easily accessible repository that identifies what formula this jury elected to use to calculate the compensatory damages and the punitive damages.
Buy you the book? Um, Christmas is coming. Ask Santa!

Sandmann just got his ass kicked... Where are Kyles lawsuits?
No he didn't. A highly partisan Carter appointed judge dismissed it based on an opinion that could of easily been applied to the Jones case and dismissed on the same grounds.

No he didn't. A highly partisan Carter appointed judge dismissed it based on an opinion that could of easily been applied to the Jones case and dismissed on the same grounds.
These are concocted fantasies, likely fed to you by a paid blogger. I wonder who?

Back
Top Bottom