• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

Does anyone believe Baldwin will appear on morning talk shows crying for forgiveness?

He'll be fired by Capital One, and all the cons will rush to defend him from the evils of PC-ness.

But you take the time to respond...go figure... ;)

More 'conservative' say one thing as you do another????

Well, I just happened to be here. You aren't so offensive that I don't see your posts yet. I don't have to value your opinion to respond to you. Kind of like the girl in the restaurant today who was standing in line with no shoes on. I pointed out to her that that is against health code, that it is not sanitary, and that the manager could be held responsible for her standing there barefoot. She was obviously not that bright, it didn't keep me from responding to her stupidity. She looked confused and began looking around as though she was expecting someone to come to here rescue. She finally fixed on who must have been her mother about the same time I did. The mother looked away. The girl left the store and came back with flip flops on. I still don't know if she was incapable of reading the sign on the door or she just didn't care.

Well, I just happened to be here. You aren't so offensive that I don't see your posts yet. I don't have to value your opinion to respond to you. Kind of like the girl in the restaurant today who was standing in line with no shoes on. I pointed out to her that that is against health code, that it is not sanitary, and that the manager could be held responsible for her standing there barefoot. She was obviously not that bright, it didn't keep me from responding to her stupidity. She looked confused and began looking around as though she was expecting someone to come to here rescue. She finally fixed on who must have been her mother about the same time I did. The mother looked away. The girl left the store and came back with flip flops on. I still don't know if she was incapable of reading the sign on the door or she just didn't care.

Ahh the old I don't value your opinion but will take time to respond in every increasing posts, thing....gotcha.... ;)

what a protector of restaurant health codes you are!!!!! And to what lengths you go to to pat yourself on the back!!!! :roll:

Still you are not adressing anything but your justifications to continue to claim how much you don't care... :lamo

Post of the week.

Query: Aren't almost all liberal posts just like this one? ^^

No, this is a rarity. That's another difference between tea partiers and normal Americans.

Alec Baldwin Twitter Meltdown Comes After Journalist Accuses Wife Of Tweeting During Funeral

"Alec Baldwin and his wife Hilaria Baldwin attended the late "Sopranos" actor James Gandolfini's funeral Thursday morning, but while they were among mourners at the New York City church, Hilaria's Twitter account appeared to remain active. After a report from the UK's Daily Mail detailing as much, Baldwin launched a Twitter rant against the publication's writer who produced the piece -- and used several gay slurs in the process."

Alec Baldwin using gay slurs, and me not caring.

Anderson Cooper @andersoncooper

Why does #AlecBaldwin get a pass when he uses gay slurs? If a conservative talked of beating up a "queen" they would be vilified.

Good question....

Meh, I dislike Alec Baldwin immensely. Over and over he has shown himself to be a short-fused, hateful, vitriolic, abusive dickwad in real life. Therefore, I ignore everything he has ever done in his professional life.

On that note, why in hell is CitiCard not dropping him as a spokesman, etc.? I guess racial slurs are a no-no (and yes, they seriously are... take that Paula Deen, you deserve it) but gay slurs are basically ignored? Homosexuals should be insulted by this, imo.

I just don't understand why this is surprising anyone. It is Alec Baldwin, after all.

I just don't understand why this is surprising anyone. It is Alec Baldwin, after all.

I'm not at all surprised. I am, however, annoyed that time after time he is allowed to get away with this behavior without the slightest repercussion. If Mel Gibson and Paula Deen suffer professionally and financially because of their unacceptable behavior... and they both have... why the hell the Alec Baldwin repeatedly get a pass AND new commercial contracts, movie deals, tv series, etc.??? 'Tain't fair, goshdernit!! :2mad:

I'm not at all surprised. I am, however, annoyed that time after time he is allowed to get away with this behavior without the slightest repercussion. If Mel Gibson and Paula Deen suffer professionally and financially because of their unacceptable behavior... and they both have... why the hell the Alec Baldwin repeatedly get a pass AND new commercial contracts, movie deals, tv series, etc.??? 'Tain't fair, goshdernit!! :2mad:

you expect an industry that is overwhelmingly liberal to eat one of their own?

I think you you are asking too much ... it ain't gonna happen.

His choice of the word "Queen" is reprehensible. As is his additional foot up the ass and liking it comment. But your point is well taken regarding the scum reporter. On the other hand, Baldwin's previous rants muddy the water.

Really? Perhaps you're just oversensitive.

I think some actually understand they really don't care about alec's comments at all which is why they have gone the paula route and are trying to turn this into a black on gay fight rather than a real fight on slurs. Others I am sure have deluded themselves into thinking that they really do care for homosexuals in this matter. Either way the only people being fooled are the fools.

He didn't use a gay slur.

Based on what I read, he called the man a 'queen' and implied he would enjoy it if he were to stick his foot up his ass. Not exactly raging homophobia. Hell, I've heard gay people I know call themselves queens.

As well. All this coming from the Daily Mail, I mean, really?! Should we be getting worked over what the Daily Mail said?

If he were a conservative and said the same thing would you still be making excuses for him?

r

He didn't use a gay slur.

The use of the word queen in a derogatory insulting sense is a slur. Also the use of anal sex as some sort of insult people should be ashamed of would also be a slur. hence, when he said he would probably like a foot being rammed up his ass to imply that the person was gay as an insult was a slur. Of course, someone who actually cared about homosexuals might have realized that the intent is meaningful. This is why most of us recognize when certain people are just pretending to be concerned about the feelings of gays and the insults towards them.

Anderson Cooper @andersoncooper

Why does #AlecBaldwin get a pass when he uses gay slurs? If a conservative talked of beating up a "queen" they would be vilified.

Good question....

In reality it depends on the person, how they do it, and what they do afterwards. A Rush Limbaugh will get vilified for it but not actually lose his job because that is his job and he is speaking to an audience who wants him to say it. A paula Dean type person would get more heat because she cooks things and she is not there for social commentary and politics. Alec baldwin will probably get a pass because he is offensive and he can still sell himself as a villain. In all honesty he can and has slipped into roles of more dubious morality where you could portray him as being an ass and getting his comeuppance.

Now onto the how they do it. In the case of Rush it is again his job to shock and annoy. Alec said it in a moment of annoyance and rage people can sympathize with. Who the hell cares about his wife tweeting at a funeral, and why the hell is the news being a bunch of jerks about it? Paula compounded her problem because she was already involved in a prejudice investigation, and she felt it was her right as a southern woman to make hurtful statements. If she just came out in the beginning and said she said it because she was pissed off then people could have gotten it, but oh no she was a southern woman and that made it ok.

Finally the handling after the fact. Rush would never apologize so attacking him will not do much. Alec will just shrug it off and might offer up a small half assed apology, but he isn't going to start crying over it. Paula played the victim card. She was all about stop being meamn to her because she was crying and that may work for a young girl who comes off as stupid, but paula is an older woman and the crying thing just looks fake and stupid. Plus when you play the victim card you often invite abuse. Even a young pretty girl would end up taking insults for being a bimbo or something like that for being stupid if she thought her tears would tget people off of her back. Paula just opened the flood gates for everyone who hated her to attack.

Baldwin is so well-known for his short temper. He's never grown up. But he was defending his wife's honor. It's just that he can't control himself. Now this is all about his thoughtless insults and what a jerk he is rather than an opportunity to demonstrate how quick to judge celebrities the media are.

Twitter time bug behind Alec Baldwin's wife's 'funeral tweets' that led to actor unleashing homophobic rant | Mail Online

I've seen Facebook posts that show up hours later. Makes absolutely no sense. I don't use Twitter, but I'm sure it's possible that it could happen, as it happens regularly with FB.

See, half assed apology and no crying.

Alec Baldwin apologizes to NY gay group for tweets

No excuses like he is a southern woman so it makes everything OK. No crying. No playing the victim card. Just an apology and a statement that his actions speak louder than his words. He will still take shots, and maybe he might be shuffled to the back for a bit, but he is not going to lose like paula. My thought is he wont be making daily videos with weeping and excuses over all of this also.

It doesn't make everything okay.

The use of the word queen in a derogatory insulting sense is a slur. Also the use of anal sex as some sort of insult people should be ashamed of would also be a slur. hence, when he said he would probably like a foot being rammed up his ass to imply that the person was gay as an insult was a slur. Of course, someone who actually cared about homosexuals might have realized that the intent is meaningful. This is why most of us recognize when certain people are just pretending to be concerned about the feelings of gays and the insults towards them.

:roll: Whatever. The word queen is a not a gay slur. The foot comment is just something that is used towards another straight person to suggest they are gay. It might very well be insensitive, and gays might be insulted, but the fact remains he did not use any gay slurs.

Last edited:
:roll: Whatever. The word queen is a not a gay slur.

yes, it is. You see, you do not get to decide whether or not something is deemed offensive or a slur. The reality is that even you understand that which is why you want to pretend it isn't a slur so you can use it as a slur.
The foot comment is just something that is used towards another straight person to suggest they are gay.

Exactly, and he certainly was not saying the person was gay as a compliment or in a positive way. he was implying insult with saying he would enjoy a foot up his ass because he was gay.

It might very well be insensitive, and gays might be insulted, but the fact remains he did not use any gay slurs.

Now you even admit it is insulting to gays, but yet are trying to claim it is not a slur. In your verbal gymnastics attempt that counts as landing on your head.

It doesn't make everything okay.

Ok, since conservatives are going to continue to pretend to be concerned about the happiness of gays, let us go down that road. If this really does bug you there are some things you can do. You can do boycots of commercial companies who allow their spokespeople to use their celebrity status to slur gays, and make them aware you are not going to tolerate it. You can endorse laws which prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation. You can refrain from using negative representations of GLBT people as an insult. You might also endorse gay marriage to normalize the presence of gay couplings on society. Feel free to actually do something about the prejudice by saying you will not tolerate it in your party or from other people. Please show us how much you actually care with actions. Actions like Alec has actually made in the past and not because he is trying to cover up a dumbass thing he said. Please feel free to show us your real feelings by following through and prove me wrong that this is not just a case of feigned concern for homosexuals due to some manipulative goal.

Back
Top Bottom