• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alec Baldwin shooting

Linuxcooldude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I think the cast and crew who are involved with handling prop guns should receive proper training, such as from the NRA provides, could have prevented such accidents.
Like Keanu Reeves received before filming his John Wick movies. But the liberal entertainment industry who are often anti-gun, still make money with such films that use them.

I think the cast and crew who are involved with handling prop guns should receive proper training, such as from the NRA provides, could have prevented such accidents.
Like Keanu Reeves received before filming his John Wick movies. But the liberal entertainment industry who are often anti-gun, still make money with such films that use them.

If I were such an actor, the NRA would be amongst the LAST I'd want to teach me about gun safety.

I'd want someone vaguely competent.

If I were such an actor, the NRA would be amongst the LAST I'd want to teach me about gun safety.

I've been through an NRA course which is quite extensive. And the set of that movie would be last I would want to visit, let alone be an actor starring in.

I've been through an NRA course which is quite extensive. And the set of that movie would be last I would want to visit, let alone be an actor starring in.

True, their 24 year old armorer, looks particularly inexperienced.

I'm not sure what you quite mean by "extensive".

True, their 24 year old armorer, looks particularly inexperienced.

I'm not sure what you quite mean by "extensive".

Took the NRA pistol shooting course. Safety and storage, small arms types, ammunition, calibers, nomenclature, sight picture, eye dominance. Lots more. Last portion is the actual shooting.

24 y/o sounds a bit young for a lead armorer.

Took the NRA pistol shooting course. Safety and storage, small arms types, ammunition, calibers, nomenclature, sight picture, eye dominance. Lots more. Last portion is the actual shooting.

24 y/o sounds a bit young for a lead armorer.

yet many states require NRA instructors certify those wishing to carry firearms. Your stupid hatred of the NRA demonstrates how little you understand about this issue.

yet many states require NRA instructors certify those wishing to carry firearms.

More fool them. It just gives a political lobby group some kind of quasi official status.

States and the government should be politically neutral on issues like these and not appoint members of political groups to any official capacity ?

Your stupid hatred of the NRA demonstrates how little you understand about this issue.

I dislike the NRA because of it's extreme political stance (coupled with gross mismanagement and corruption).

More fool them. It just gives a political lobby group some kind of quasi official status.

States and the government should be politically neutral on issues like these and not appoint members of political groups to any official capacity ?

I dislike the NRA because of it's extreme political stance (coupled with gross mismanagement and corruption).
real gun rights advocates often see the NRA as too willing to compromise. and the NRA has been doing firearms safety long before the Democrats tried to cover up for their lack of desire to actually punish violent criminals, by pretending gun control was crime control

real gun rights advocates often see the NRA as too willing to compromise. and the NRA has been doing firearms safety long before the Democrats tried to cover up for their lack of desire to actually punish violent criminals, by pretending gun control was crime control
Same old tired Strawman argument in bold. Do you have anything other than long ago debunked BS?

There's a incompetent statement for ya.
I don't think he sees the NRA as anything other than a group that musters votes against the Democrat lefties he hopes will get rid of the second amendment. He most likely is clueless that modern police firearms training was mainly developed by the NRA

If I was a betting man I would put money on there being some sort of new safety standard concerning the completion of a gun safety certification coming soon. Not from any production company concerns for actor crew safety, but from the insurance companies who write the polices covering these films, especially after the eventual lawsuit and payout this will spark.

If I was a betting man I would put money on there being some so of new safety standard concerning the completion of a gun safety certification. Not from production company concerns but from the insurance companies who wrote the polices covering these films, especially after the eventual lawsuit and payout this will spark.
Insurance companies and their attorneys are an extra-governmental actor in America these days

They're still a highly politicized group with a decidedly RW political agenda and bias

No state or federal organization should employ them for that reason.

They're still a highly politicized group with a decidedly RW political agenda and bias

No state or federal organization should employ them for that reason.
that's just plain stupid Rich. the only reason why they became political was because the democrats wanted to pretend they were doing something about crime and they shit all over legal gun owners.

that's just plain stupid Rich. the only reason why they became political was because the democrats wanted to pretend they were doing something about crime and they shit all over legal gun owners.

As opposed to Republicans who do the same with people who don't own guns ?

Why is it stupid to oppose employing the NRA in any governmental capacity ?

Would you be OK with MADD to run driving tests ?

As opposed to Republicans who do the same with people who don't own guns ?

Why is it stupid to oppose employing the NRA in any governmental capacity ?

Would you be OK with MADD to run driving tests ?
what does the GOP do-it doesn't try to infringe on the rights and use the government to attack people who choose not to own guns. The NRA has a proven track record of over 100 years of developing gun safety protocols.

Like who? Alec Baldwin?

what does the GOP do-it doesn't try to infringe on the rights and use the government to attack people who choose not to own guns. The NRA has a proven track record of over 100 years of developing gun safety protocols.

How about the right to life ?
How about "General Welfare" ?

And before you say there is no right to life, if that's true, then how can there be a right to self defense ?

How about the right to life ?
How about "General Welfare" ?

And before you say there is no right to life, if that's true, then how can there be a right to self defense ?
people owning guns no more threatens your right to life than someone having a penis threatens the right to be a virgin. General welfare is not a grant of power to the government to restrict the constitutional and natural rights of the citizens

Back
Top Bottom