• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alcohol AGE 21..Voting AgE 18 = HYPOCRITCAL also proves liberalism comes from unwise

Re: Alcohol AGE 21..Voting AgE 18 = HYPOCRITCAL also proves liberalism comes from un

How about an age limit on dancing at strip clubs?

I think AOC for sex should be 15 but being a sex worker or buying sex should require a higher age, 21 for both. A certain maturity is needed to play in the vices of the sex business and gambling safely.

"So Hawkeye, are you telling me that my kid should be able to have sex legally at 15, should be able to drink and smoke dope at 18, but cant go inside a strip club till 21?"

Yes

"Why"

I cant put my finger on why just yet, I am working on it, but in my life experience gambling and the sex business are different. I want people to have time to grow into themselves a bit before they dabble in these vices.

Re: Alcohol AGE 21..Voting AgE 18 = HYPOCRITCAL also proves liberalism comes from un

Scotland dropped the voting age from 18 to 16 for their independence referendum, and the new voters voted more for independence than their adult peers. Conversely, most of the younger voters voted remain, where it was the over sixtyfives who voted massively to Brexit, and kissed goodbye to their grandkids job prospects.

I know 7 year olds who have far better grammar than you, so I do not how well that bodes for you. We have decided as a society that 18 is generally accepted to be the age at which a person is considered both physically and mentally developed enough to make their own independent and legally binding decisions.

Einstein use to horse laugh grammar rememberers out of the building thinking they were wise... but only like parrots copying

wisdom selects what is the MOST VALUE....and then focuses

The Nanny State is the Liberal trademark.

What does having the drinking age raised to 21 in the 70s have anything to do with that? If stuff like this is trademark of the nanny state then why does Europe have lower drinking ages and much more law drinking laws.

Scotland dropped the voting age from 18 to 16 for their independence referendum, and the new voters voted more for independence than their adult peers. Conversely, most of the younger voters voted remain, where it was the over sixtyfives who voted massively to Brexit, and kissed goodbye to their grandkids job prospects.

this proves that the younger with less experience are the less wise......and proves liberalism comes from less wise

And, just maybe, statistics.

Effects of Minimum Drinking Age Laws

The 21 Law Saves Lives

• By the end of 2005, the 32 minimum drinking age law had saved nearly 25,000 American lives. In fact, the law saves approximately 1,000 lives a year.
ii • Since the early 1960's, the number of young people killed annually in crashes involving drunk drivers under 21 has been cut in half, from more than 5,000 young people in the early 1980s to nearly 2,000 in 2005.
iii • In 2005, 2.035 youth ages 15 to 20 were killed in alcohol-related traffic crashes, translating to 33 percent of all fatalities in that age group.
iv • Research indicates that when the minimum legal drinking age is 21, people under 21 drink less overall and continue to do so through their early 20's.
v • When the drinking age has been lowered, injury and death rates significantly increase.
vi • The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has reviewed nearly 50 peer-reviewed studies of countries that had changed their drinking age and found that lowering the minimum drinking age to 18 increases fatalities by 10 percent.

For link to the pdf, Google "Underage Drinking and the 21 Legal Drinking Age--MADD.

Two things, find me an unbiased source and secondly find me a source that can contribute those decreases exclusively to the higher drinking age. Or are you the kind of person that believes raising the drinking magically stops anyone under that age form drinking. Even for the sake of argument that was found to be entirely attributable to a higher drinking age should we not just logically ban drinking to get rid of all negative side effects on society from alcohol.

Last edited:

The only thing we should have to wait for 21 to do is gamble and go to strip/sex clubs.
nope

youth do not understand what drinking and driving can result in

they are invincible in their little minds

that is a part of youth...frontal lobe thinking

baloney

alcohol impairs thought and choice

voting is completely different

NO difference at all.....it is the same choice both decisions can harm many others.. choice to smoke cigarettes does not harm as many other innocents...... poor choice people voting HARMS so many in the nation with their voting

I know 7 year olds who have far better grammar than you, so I do not how well that bodes for you. We have decided as a society that 18 is generally accepted to be the age at which a person is considered both physically and mentally developed enough to make their own independent and legally binding decisions.

Nice attack. Are you the new Debate Politics Grammar Sheriff, or do you just work hard at being a arrogant snob?

NO difference at all.....it is the same choice both decisions can harm many others.. choice to smoke cigarettes does not harm as many other innocents...... poor choice people voting HARMS so many in the nation with their voting

damn right look what the last Republican president did to you and the world and they did it twice

buddy, poor choice voting has ZERO to do with age and everything to do with one's values and ability to analyze

you are saying as a voter-block youth tend to vote more left therefore they shouldn't vote :shock:

that is not how democracy works

anything else you would like to take away from the will of the people?

damn right look what the last Republican president did to you and the world and they did it twice

buddy, poor choice voting has ZERO to do with age and everything to do with one's values and ability to analyze

you are saying as a voter-block youth tend to vote more left therefore they shouldn't vote :shock:

that is not how democracy works

anything else you would like to take away from the will of the people?

WRONG >>> POOR CHOICES has everything to do with age.... less data to know what is good and bad...

how about letting the less experience of 3 yr olds to vote? or 14 yr olds?

THE SAYING that at 20 one thinks with their hearts and at 40 they think with their heads.... WHY IS THAT TRUE?

Because not enough experience with issues and data to receive pain... once they get pain with an issue they change their hearts to their brain to say STOP

And, just maybe, statistics.

Effects of Minimum Drinking Age Laws

The 21 Law Saves Lives

• By the end of 2005, the 32 minimum drinking age law had saved nearly 25,000 American lives. In fact, the law saves approximately 1,000 lives a year.
ii • Since the early 1960's, the number of young people killed annually in crashes involving drunk drivers under 21 has been cut in half, from more than 5,000 young people in the early 1980s to nearly 2,000 in 2005.
iii • In 2005, 2.035 youth ages 15 to 20 were killed in alcohol-related traffic crashes, translating to 33 percent of all fatalities in that age group.
iv • Research indicates that when the minimum legal drinking age is 21, people under 21 drink less overall and continue to do so through their early 20's.
v • When the drinking age has been lowered, injury and death rates significantly increase.
vi • The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has reviewed nearly 50 peer-reviewed studies of countries that had changed their drinking age and found that lowering the minimum drinking age to 18 increases fatalities by 10 percent.

For link to the pdf, Google "Underage Drinking and the 21 Legal Drinking Age--MADD.

There you go providing facts and a logical reason for raising the drinking age. Not that it effects my son. The good thing is he won't drink and drive. The 4am phone calls are wonderful. Might as well lower it, more organs available for the older generation, that is if one of the drunk drivers doesn't kill you first.

sure thing partner and end it at 55

there ya go

Wrong. Try it again.

WRONG >>> POOR CHOICES has everything to do with age....
less data to know what is good and bad

how about letting the less experience of 3 yr olds to vote? or 14 yr olds?
you can tell me I am wrong all you want and capitalize the letters but it won't make you right...the law says 18 years of age to vote because by 18 a person is old enough to understand they must research and understand the impact of their power

a person's age has zero to do with the amount of data they can process

the amount of data they can process is IQ dependent only

nope

youth do not understand what drinking and driving can result in

they are invincible in their little minds

that is a part of youth...frontal lobe thinking
Given the place drinking has in our culture people need to learn how to be good drinkers, they dont need to learn how to be good sex workers or good sex purchasers, nor good gamblers......that stuff can wait, should wait.

The goal of child rearing is to produce happy fully functional adults, it is not to "save" them from every harm possible.

now there's an indepth answer :lamo

no need to try again

if you want to raise the voting age then drop it too before senility sets in

The inability of yoofs to make sounds judgements is well documented in both our personal and public lives. It's time to raise the voting age.

you can tell me I am wrong all you want and capitalize the letters but it won't make you right...the law says 18 years of age to vote because by 18 a person is old enough to understand they must research and understand the impact of their power

a person's age has zero to do with the amount of data they can process

the amount of data they can process is IQ dependent only

again they do not have as many years to see data... to feel pain from data and that makes them less wise

Given the place drinking has in our culture people need to learn how to be good drinkers, they dont need to learn how to be good sex workers or good sex purchasers, nor good gamblers......that stuff can wait, should wait.

The goal of child rearing is to produce happy fully functional adults, it is not to "save" them from every harm possible.
that's an interesting take although I would say educating youth with regard to drinking and driving is about more than attempting to save them from every possible harm

a co-worker is attempting to get her 21 year old to go to an AA meeting this week because he simply does not understand that driving while drunk could result in immense harm to both himself and others

he does it constantly so he "knows" it's safe

some kids simply do not "get it" and the reason for that is frontal lobe thinking

The inability of yoofs to make sounds judgements is well documented in both our personal and public lives. It's time to raise the voting age.

Same with really old folks, often their judgement is impaired which is why they're targeted by solicitors and scam artists

again they do not have as many years to see data... to feel pain from data and that makes them less wise

baloney

an intelligent youth can process and understand data far better than a 30 year old with a limited IQ

that is a black and white fact

your argument is based upon emotion and a personal agenda

you are simply not seeing things logically

I understand these are all different issues, but it does bother me but society says well you're not old enough to vote until you're 18 not old enough to carry a gun until you're 21 now I don't know if the drink until you're 21 not old enough to smoke until your 19 in some states but just about every state will happily throw people as young as 13 into adult criminal court on the basis they have the ability to understand the impact of crime

Back
Top Bottom