• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Albert Haynesworth Redskins Teamwork?

Gladiator

Verifier
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How far out of shape can Haynesworth be, and it still take two offensive linemen to keep Albert from making a Tackle, strip or Sack?

What teamwork does Haynesworth need, when he keeps two offensive linemen occupied? Haynesworth falls over every 10 or 20 plays, and the trainers cart him off the field.

Haynesworth has supposedly been out of the country, where?

Will Haynesworth show for Redskins training camp Thursday, 7-29-10?

What Off-Field drama will make the news media next?

Albert Haynesworth says he'll attend Redskins training camp - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

That's an obvious one. Nose tackles aren't known for being leaders in the sack department. They're designed to eat up 2 O-linemen.

Haynesworth is poison. Snyder should've seen this coming after he stomped on some fool's un-helmeted head with his cleats.

In Tennesse, the coaches let Haynesworth do what he wanted, and coordinated the plays around what Haynesworth wanted to do.

"Haynesworth clashed with former Redskins defensive coordinator Greg Blache last year and longed for the system Detroit Lions Coach Jim Schwartz built around him when Schwartz led the Tennessee Titans' defense.

The protective cocoon Haynesworth enjoyed in Tennessee probably won't exist again in his career. Schwartz recognized that Haynesworth is a unique player and crafted a scheme to maximize his ability to penetrate the backfield."

washingtonpost.com

//

I'm a die-hard Lions fan, and I wouldn't want him. Granted, the dream of having an interior D-line with Haynesworth and Suh would make me moist in most orifices, but it's not worth the money or trouble.

I'm a die-hard Lions fan, and I wouldn't want him. Granted, the dream of having an interior D-line with Haynesworth and Suh would make me moist in most orifices, but it's not worth the money or trouble.
I can't wait till my bears spank your lions, how fortunate i get to see it twice a year. Watch out for Julius Peppers, urlacher, briggs and tommie harris o Ya cant wait! muhaaahaa

Haynesworth can't run four 70 yard sprints

"The test called for Haynesworth to complete two sets of sprints with a break in between. Haynesworth utilized the men's room during the break, an interval that Shanahan said was too long, ESPN reported.

So Haynesworth had to start over and run the second set of sprints as if it were the first. He passes that set, but failed on the third set."

Redskins bar Albert Haynesworth from practice after flunked conditioning test - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5420094

"So now what?

Well, Haynesworth, who skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program, must work with the training staff until he is able to complete the test. Several players said Haynesworth clearly is in much better shape than he was at this time last season."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/re...ynesworth/albert-haynesworth-fails-to-co.html

//

Last edited:
Here is a Link to an article with some more details of the conditioning test Haynesworth failed again Friday Morning.

washingtonpost.com

"This is the test: two 300-yard shuttles(25 yards back and forth touching the ground at each turn) and he must do it in 70 seconds or less. He has a two-minute break."

Riggo's Rag | A Washington Redskins Blog

Not sure what effect not participating in training camp might have on Haynesworth pay and bonuses.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/6/23/1532173/haynesworths-latest-statement-is

//

Last edited:
Albert Haynesworth has a sore, somewhat swolen, left knee. Albert made three rounds of the first six rounds of the 25 yards pylons, Monday Morning, for the first part of his fitness test. Albert's knee was too sore to continue the test.

Shannahan said it was possible that Hayneworth migth be allowed to practice, without completing the conditioning test, but said that if Albert's knee was limiting his running, that Albert should probably not practice till the knee is healed up.

"Doctors recommended that he not take the test and instead ride a stationary bike and receive treatment.

“Here’s a setback already,” Coach Mike Shanahan said. “His knee’s a little bit swollen. Hopefully it’s not too bad.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/sports/football/01nfl.html

//

Last edited:
I can't wait till my bears spank your lions, how fortunate i get to see it twice a year. Watch out for Julius Peppers, urlacher, briggs and tommie harris o Ya cant wait! muhaaahaa

it's a sad, sad day when all you have to look forward to is beating the lions.

I really enjoyed watching the Skins try to trade him. It was comical. Who would pay that much for him? Snyder overpaid him by a disgusting amount. It's almost as if Al Davis controlled his mind temporarily.

Snyder has been unable to negotiate contracts with sufficient incentives to actualy get his money's worth in a number of instances with players who have seemed to play well for other teams. NFL contracts usually fail to include a number of performance incentives that relate to actually winning football games. Like there are seldom incentives for recovering a fumble, or preventing an interception, or number of carries for a running back getting at least 4 yards. Longer running plays gives the opposing team more time with the ball.

With the Redskins last year, during the few times I watched, Haynesworth was most usually double-teamed by two offensive linemen, but was still usually able to push those two offensive linemen back into the pocket, limiting movement in the pocket.

Maybe the Fitness test for Hanesworth should be modified to have Haynesworth running in a straight line. Trying to turn 180 degrees, around pylons, 12 times in 70 seconds, is not a realistic situation for a defensive lineman. Turning 180 Degress around pylons is not necessary for a test of cardiovasular endurance, because bending over to touch the ground can be done in a straight line, that would not put stress on a heavy lineman's knees. Pylons could be set up every 25 yards for him to touch the ground, in a stright line, or in a large circle.

//

Last edited:
Performances incentives, at least on the individual level, could easily prove a detriment.

You watch Cincinatti this year, and just wait for T.O. to slam Palmer in the media because he doesn't get thrown to enough to cash in on his potential 2 mil in incentives.

it's a sad, sad day when all you have to look forward to is beating the lions.

Never said that's all i have to look forward too.

Performances incentives, at least on the individual level, could easily prove a detriment.

You watch Cincinatti this year, and just wait for T.O. to slam Palmer in the media because he doesn't get thrown to enough to cash in on his potential 2 mil in incentives.

"Terrell Owens and the Bengals agreed to terms on a reported one-year contract with a base salary of $2 million and the possibility of another $2 million in incentives."

Terrell Owens joining Cincinnati Bengals | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

"Now enter TO. After making $6.5 million with the Bills last year on a one-year deal, he has become a rent-a-player with a one-year deal for $2 million with the Bengals. He also has the following six cumulative incentives that could max out at $2 million, all for $333,333 each:

60 receptions
100 receptions
900 receiving yards
1300 receiving yards
10 touchdowns
14 touchdowns

Now one of the most demonstrative and potentially divisive players in the league has half of his potential earnings tied to individual rather than team performance."

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney...-is-the-latest-bengals-wide-receiver-project/

T.O. Will play with more effort than Deion Sanders played with for the Redskins.

Deion Sanders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

//

Last edited:
Albert Haynesworth played 8 plays against Buffalo, last Friday, preseason. No Sacks no Tackles. Joe Theisman, as a commentator, called out Albert for missing a tackle. Haynesworth was being blocked by one of the Bills offensive lineman. Haynesworth stayed on the block for 2 or 3 second, then slippted off the block to go toward the Bills Quarterback. Haynesworth went to his left, and the Quarterback handed off to a Bills Runner who went around Haynesworth, with the Bills lineman between Haynesworth and the Bills running back.

Theisman said that Haynesworth, under the 3-4 strategy, was supposed to stay on his block longer, and then would have been in position to slip off the Bills Offensive Lineman, and make the tackle, to Haynesworth's right. Instead, by having slipped off the bock, to his left, Haynesworth was not in position, in front of his Offensive Limeman, to make the tackle. Another Redskin made the tackle, after a Bills gain of some 6 yards, but Haynesworth should have had the runner at the line of scrimmage.

Albert admitted he was still learning the 3-4 system, but now says he supports the 3-4 devensive scheme.

//

Last edited:
I wouldn't really trust Thiesmann's read on it or what he should be doing in a 3-4 Defense. The man was talking about the Skins getting the ball back on an interception when it was a punt return ffs.

Albert did okay from what I saw and from what I've read by most analysis. There were some issues, but nothing huge, and nothing out of line for someone learning a new Defense. Also, Haslett has said he's not running your standard consistant 2-gap 3-4 but will be switching between traditional 2-gap, aggressive 1-gap (think Cowboys, Steelers at times), and even 4-3 as well.

Hell, our Nickel package Friday was a 2-4-5 setup that actually have the 2nd safety lining up almost more like a linebacker. I think its going to be tough to analyize Alberts play only as a 2-gap 3-4.

I think utlimately this is mostly a humbling move. While he'll definitely be playing a fair bit of nose tackle, I'd not be surprised to see him play a lot Right Defensive End with Kemo playing the NT a good bit.

I wouldn't really trust Thiesmann's read on it or what he should be doing in a 3-4 Defense. The man was talking about the Skins getting the ball back on an interception when it was a punt return ffs.

I agree that Thiesmann talks faster than he can think, and is often less than totally accurate. I am just adding Theisman's critique with Redskins defensive coaches saying that Albert needs to stay put more, and avoid the Ole' and twist, which are apparently moves to slip off a block. Also Riggins, on one of his recent Cable TV shows, prognosticated that Haynesworth is going to have trouble with being sufficiently patient in holding a block long enough to efffectively plug two running holes with one block. Haynesworth reminds me a lot of Riggins, who took a year off when Jack Pardee said something Riggins did not like. I never heard what words Pardee spoke that ticked off Riggins. Pardee was big on Defense.

X

O

I have not seen any other analysis back up my assertion that Haynesworth missed a tackle. Maybe that could be an important stat for defensive evaluation or incentives. Missed tackles.

//

Last edited:
Haynesworth was in for most of the Third Quarter, Satruday, agaisnt the Skins big loss to the Ravens. Haynesworth had a sack, and I counted a tackle assist. From what I saw, Haynesworth was basically doing what he was supposed to do. Pushing the pile back. Albert fell down a few times, but the Offensive linemen were down on the ground with him, so it's not like he lost his man, or his slot.

Shanahan has been having fun riding Haynesworth about missing practice because of "headaches," but when the Redskins lost, Albert could't resist a chance to stick it back to Shannahan.

Albert needs to get in the habit of drinking more water or gator aide. I saw him refuse a drink. I think Haynesworth may be an oppositional type of person.

///

Last edited:
Sunday, 9-12-10, the Skins play the Cowboys at 8:15 PM. Andre Gurode, No 65 is the Center for the Cowboys. Gurode has been picked to the Pro Bowl for the last 4 years. In 2006, Haynesworth injured Gurode by stepping on Gurode's forehead, after Gurode had lost his helmet. Haynesworth was suspended for 5 games.

Haynesworth No 92, is not scheduled to start for the Skins, but should get some playing time.

Haynesworth went through some anger management training, and otherwise asked for forgiveness from Gurode.

Haynesworth will have his hands full, at the Nose Tackle position, across from Gurode at center.

Fisher: Haynesworth May Not Be Back - washingtonpost.com

NFLPA won't appeal Haynesworth's suspension - NFL - ESPN

"Like Smith, Brooks said he noticed a more mature Haynesworth after the Gurode incident, displaying a less violent temper and addressing problems head-on -- even in private. The Titans put him in anger management meetings, but Haynesworth said natural maturation was what helped him on the field

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/The-Furies-of-Albert-Haynesworth-8007368-51498592.html#ixzz0z2wJ0Nis"

The Furies of Albert Haynesworth | Washington Examiner

"League sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that a $29 million "poison pill" in the fifth year of Haynesworth's contract effectively makes it a four-year deal worth $48 million. The Redskins would owe Haynesworth a lump sum of $29 million in salary and bonuses in 2013, the fifth year of the deal. It is unlikely the team will pay the full commitment of $100 million over seven years unless the contract is re-negotiated. Haynesworth will receive $41 million in guaranteed money."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3940991

Hayneworth has to be on the team in 2013 to earn an additinal $29 Million.

//

Last edited:
Funny note, the two are apparently friends now

Alot goes on inside the line, unseen by officials. It may have beeen that Haynesworth had someting to get even about.

"Haynesworth and Gurode got to know each other while hanging out at those Pro Bowl games in Hawaii.

"We have talked before on the phone," Haynesworth said. "We have talked about it. Everything is between us."

Time heals all wounds for Dallas Cowboys center Andre Gurode - ESPN Dallas

I was unable to find the details on the $15 Million in incentives for the Hayneworth contract. Must be for takles and sacks. Maybe extra for tackles for losses. Maybe the 3-4 Defense is cutting into his incentive pay.

//

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom