• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Albert Haynesworth Redskins Teamwork?

"One day after pleading no contest to a charge of simple assault Monday in Washington, Patriots defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth was back in New England on Tuesday and engaged in his first full-pads practice in nearly three weeks.

Haynesworth, spotted only during non-contact walkthroughs since Aug. 4, could now potentially see his first preseason action Saturday in Detroit.

"He's a great player and I'm sure when he's healthy he'll get out there and make some plays for us," Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo said before Haynesworth returned for the team's afternoon practice session. "He's working hard to get back out there with the guys, and I'm sure he's in his playbook, doing what he needs to do to be prepared to play when he comes back."

New England Patriots DT Albert Haynesworth back on field in pads - ESPN Boston

//

"On Saturday evening the Patriots announced three additional players have been downgraded to out. Albert Haynesworth, Patrick Chung and Taylor Price all will not play on Sunday in Buffalo.

Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth (back), ..."

Injury Report: Haynesworth, Two Others Downgraded to Out :Derek's Patriots Blog

I had written a post that got deleted in some DP Data Base malfuctions. i had explained how I thought that explosive type of muscles, for 1 or 2 second bursts, may a natural trait, that does not lend itself to development throught working out, like running longer, can be built up through endurance. John Riggins had explosive muscles to get past Defensive linemen, and did not have to work out much to be great. John Riggins said he did not work out much, until he got a big contract from the Redskins, after he was already great.

I saw Haynesworlh on TV, this season, reach out and tackle Reggie Bush with one arm. Reggie Bush had been running past everyone else.

//

Last edited:
The only thing Fat Al is interested in or committed to is his own best interests (at least as he sees them). Fat Al lives for only one thing... Fat Al. I've been trying to explain that to the Patriots fans I work with for the last week. It's only a matter of time until they see it for themselves.

I watched the Fourth Quarter of the Jets vs Patriots game late Sunday afternoon, and Albert Haynesworth was tying up two jets blockers most every play. Haynesworth has no tackles, no assists and no sacks, since Week 1, but it seemed to me that by tying up two Jets blockers, that he was freeing up other Patriots to pressure the Jets Quaterback, Sanchez. I saw Haynesworth pursuing the ball, as the play progressed.

"Patriots DT Albert Haynesworth returned to the field last night, playing mostly on third downs against the Jets. He ended up with one quarterback hit and no tackles, though he played well in the run game in certain instances. Afterward, I caught up with him so he could offer some thoughts on his play and the defense.

“I played all right,” Haynesworth told me. “Still trying to get used to things we do, but once I get my feet wet and get used to everything, I’ll be fine.”

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet

//

Last edited:
"Haynesworth got overpowered by Giants guard David Diehl on a 10-yard touchdown run by Brandon Jacobs with 9:10 remaining in the third quarter. He did not return to the field....

"Asked about a report that Haynesworth had words with assistant coach Pepper Johnson on the sideline after the Jacobs touchdown, Belichick declined to comment."

Patriots lost to the New York Giants Sunday.

Haynesworth absence 'rotation related' - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

//

"The Patriots on Tuesday pulled the plug on their experiment with talented but troubled defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reported, and Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe confirmed, that the Pats have released Haynesworth. "

Patriots release Albert Haynesworth

Early in Sunday's game against the New York Giants, I saw a Giant's offensive player called for Holding against Albert Haynesworth, 5 yard penalty. So Haynesworth has been contributing in ways that do not show up in the statistics for Tackles and Sacks.

I was hoping that Haynesworth would prove that NE Coach Bill Belichick was a better coach than Shannahan of the Redskins, but I was wrong. I still enjoyed watching Albert play, because he often gave the offense fits.

"Patriots defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was waived Tuesday, his agent Chad Speck confirmed. Teams will have 24 hours to claim Haynesworth off waivers, who would be owed roughly $750,000 of his $1.5 million base salary if claimed by Wednesday afternoon. He also has playing-time incentives that would be difficult for Haynesworth to earn at this juncture, a source said.

"If he is not claimed Haynesworth would become a free agent."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rth-agent-confirms?module=HP11_headline_stack

Thanks for trying Bill, enjoyed watching Albert play for NE.

//

Last edited:
good riddance any chance you can take Ocho with you?

Haynesworth picked up off waivers by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"By the GM's count, Haynesworth had seven quarterback pressures, was disruptive on about 15 plays and was involved in eight tackles.

"I watched every game twice. I watched how he played, his effort, his motor, what they asked him to do, what he actually did do," Dominik said, adding that what he saw on tape was a player that can be "strong, powerful, dominating, disruptive and can overpower an opponent."

"When I see him hit a gap or shoot a gap, he still can play football," Dominik said. "He's not one of these older players that really can't play anymore. I just want him to play our way."

Read more: DT Haynesworth claimed off waivers by Buccaneers - Football Wires - MiamiHerald.com

DT Haynesworth claimed off waivers by Buccaneers - Football Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Not to mention Albert created Holding penalties for 5 yards.

//

Last edited:
"Bucs coach Raheem Morris would not speculate about how much Haynesworth might play against the Texans, who have the NFL's second-ranked rushing attack. But with McCoy's backup, Frank Okam, still not practicing because of a calf injury, Haynesworth could be on the field for 20 to 35 plays.

"It's not about what you want," Morris said of his expectations. "It's about what you can get them to get done, what you can get accomplished during the week and then throwing him out there to see what he can do for us. He just wants to be here and help his team win. He did a nice job today of getting out there in practice and doing some good things."

Albert Haynesworth 'excited' to be in 4-3 D, with Tampa Bay Buccaneers - ESPN

Tampa Bay Plays Houston at 1 PM, Sunday, tomorrow.

//

"Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth made his debut for the Bucs, blocking an extra point after Houston's first touchdown and finishing with five tackles.

The two-time Pro Bowl selection was released by New England on Tuesday, claimed off waivers Wednesday and practiced with his new team for the first time on Thursday."

Texans strike fast, roll over Bucs - NFL - CBSSports.com Game Recap

The NFL Stats show 4 tackles and One assist. Bucs lost, but Albert seems to have contributed to the Defense.

//

Last edited:
Haynesworht helping the Buc's:

"He has started each game, totaling seven tackles in his debut Nov. 13 against the Texans. On Sunday against the Titans — the team that drafted him 15th overall in 2002 out of Tennessee and where he was a two-time All-Pro — he had two tackles for losses among his four stops."

Albert Haynesworth gamble pays some dividends for Tampa Bay Buccaneers - St. Petersburg Times

//

Only a matter of time before he stomps someone else's face.

Back
Top Bottom