• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alaska GOP Sen. Dan Sullivan Breaks With Trump on Lisa Murkowski: 'I'm Going to Support Her'

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This reelection bid by Murkowski will be highly watched. May you meet your Waterloo 2022, (S/I/T) Trump.

Alaska GOP Sen. Dan Sullivan Breaks With Trump on Lisa Murkowski: 'I'm Going to Support Her' (msn.com)
1616976963890.png
"Well, look, when I ran in 2014 and beat a Democrat incumbent, and we got the Senate majority back, Senator Murkowski was a strong supporter of mine. And in 2016, I supporter her. And just in my reelection in 2020 where, you know, the national Democratic Party came in big in Alaska, massive amount of money, Senator Murkowski was a strong supporter of mine. And we won that reelection very strongly," Sullivan said. "Look, we don't agree on everything, but we make a good team for Alaska."

As some experts anticipated, Trump pledged not only to refuse an endorsement should the senator pursue reelection, but to campaign against her in an early March statement to Politico.

"I will not be endorsing, under any circumstances, the failed candidate from the great State of Alaska, Lisa Murkowski. She represents her state badly and her country even worse. I do not know where other people will be next year, but I know where I will be—in Alaska campaigning against a disloyal and very bad Senator," he said in the statement.

This reelection bid by Murkowski will be highly watched. May you meet your Waterloo 2022, (S/I/T) Trump.

Alaska GOP Sen. Dan Sullivan Breaks With Trump on Lisa Murkowski: 'I'm Going to Support Her' (msn.com)
View attachment 67325369
"Well, look, when I ran in 2014 and beat a Democrat incumbent, and we got the Senate majority back, Senator Murkowski was a strong supporter of mine. And in 2016, I supporter her. And just in my reelection in 2020 where, you know, the national Democratic Party came in big in Alaska, massive amount of money, Senator Murkowski was a strong supporter of mine. And we won that reelection very strongly," Sullivan said. "Look, we don't agree on everything, but we make a good team for Alaska."

As some experts anticipated, Trump pledged not only to refuse an endorsement should the senator pursue reelection, but to campaign against her in an early March statement to Politico.

"I will not be endorsing, under any circumstances, the failed candidate from the great State of Alaska, Lisa Murkowski. She represents her state badly and her country even worse. I do not know where other people will be next year, but I know where I will be—in Alaska campaigning against a disloyal and very bad Senator," he said in the statement.
I suspect he'll retire before 2026.

View attachment 67325369

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest... where it comes to legislative effectiveness, Alaska has the best pair of Senators of any State in the Union.

Why would he do that?
Now that he's staked a position that is in opposition to his state republican rank and file, in 2025...when he's up for reelection...he'll likely resign rather than suffer a defeat like Murkowski is about to suffer.

Now that he's staked a position that is in opposition to his state republican rank and file, in 2025...when he's up for reelection...he'll likely resign rather than suffer a defeat like Murkowski is about to suffer.
5 years is a long way off. In that time frame, the 2024 election will have come and gone. The Trumpian GOP may not be of any consequence. If there is, yeah, he'll struggle with the return of insanity, USA.

View attachment 67325369

No way 45 goes to Alaska.

(S/I/T) Trump still heavily influences his Trump GOP Party and will continue to do so with the '22 and '24 elections. To not pay attention to this will catch so many rational people by surprise only to gob smack us right to the side of our heads like it did in 2016.

Here's a little bit of a surprise, for me anyways. (S/I/T) McConnell is supporting Murkowski. Take that (S/I/T)Trump! :D

Lisa Murkowski Gets a Boost from a Major Conservative Group as Primary Challenge Heats Up by Reagan McCarthy (townhall.com)
Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski received an endorsement from a high-profile conservative group, shortly after a fellow Republican announced a primary challenge for her 2022 reelection. Senate Leadership Fund (SLF), a group aligned with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), threw its support behind Murkowski on Friday morning and called the incumbent a “champion for conservative values in Washington.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom