• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alabama mall gunman still at large after police say armed man killed by officer 'likely did not fire

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/24/us/alabama-mall-hoover-shooting/index.html

(CNN)An armed 21-year-old man killed by an officer at a mall in Alabama on Thanksgiving night "likely did not fire" the shots that wounded two people and sent terrified shoppers running for cover, police said Friday.

Authorities mistakenly thought Emantic Fitzgerald Bradford Jr., known as E.J., had fired the rounds that left an 18-year-old and a 12-year-old hospitalized, Hoover police spokesman Capt. Gregg Rector said in a statement.
Reports from Police say the man shot and killed was "brandishing" a gun
What a mess
Police state that more than 2 persons involved.
Why was video not high on the priority list for review??

Last edited:
This feels gang related.

This feels gang related.

Could be. Could be the man killed was involved, could be he was a bystander reacting to a shooting??
Police were in to much of a rush to get information out to the public. And screwed it royally

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/24/us/alabama-mall-hoover-shooting/index.html

Reports from Police say the man shot and killed was "brandishing" a gun
What a mess
Police state that more than 2 persons involved.
Why was video not high on the priority list for review??

I have had conceal carry courses in three different states.
All three have said be very very careful when "brandishing" your gun.
The cops merely got a "a shots fired" call and have no idea who the bad guy is.

Then the first thing they see you YOU there "brandishing' your gun....
It will not end well.

If i am ever armed and in a mall shooting scenario, I will get me and mine to cover and do nothing unless directly threatened.

I have had conceal carry courses in three different states.
All three have said be very very careful when "brandishing" your gun.
The cops merely got a "a shots fired" call and have no idea who the bad guy is.

Then the first thing they see you YOU there "brandishing' your gun....
It will not end well.

If i am ever armed and in a mall shooting scenario, I will get me and mine to cover and do nothing unless directly threatened.

True enough. That said more & accurate information should be out shortly.
ID the other shooter(s) should be the 1st priority

I don't care if cops shoot me. I don't care if I'm unarmed. I'm pretty crafty and wanna die with my boots on.

Could be. Could be the man killed was involved, could be he was a bystander reacting to a shooting??
Police were in to much of a rush to get information out to the public. And screwed it royally

All true. I HOPE the guy cops shot wasn’t an innocent bystander.

What made it sound gang related to me was the report that the gunshot victim wasn’t cooperating with police.

What made it sound gang related to me was the report that the gunshot victim wasn’t cooperating with police.

I would like to hear an eyewitness report as well as a police report. This situation is ripe for info suppression.
/

I hope you are right

Back
Top Bottom