• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alabama Gov. Ivey signs 'constitutional carry' bill

Loulit01

What We've Got Here is a Failure to Communicate
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

You know, if Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and Texas decide to secede again, I wouldn't miss them a bit.
I and a lot of other people would move there... and no, we wouldn't miss you either ;)

You know, if Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and Texas decide to secede again, I wouldn't miss them a bit.

If Alabama isn't careful, its murder rate might get as high as Maryland's.

More upside as a result of defund police initiatives by the Democrats

Possession at home (keeping) and a right to OPEN carry (bearing), would satisfy the constitution.

Many states have legal concealed carry. Most. What is your issue with this? (Yes I do know what "Constitutional" means here).

So then do you see any problems with concealed carry? If so, why/what?

If you can't tell if a person is carrying, then you can't report them to police for carrying illegally (if they are). However, if you suspect someone is carrying concealed (and that is illegal) then you CAN report them.

Of course there is a school of thought that NOBODY should be prohibited from owning and carrying a gun. But since that includes children, I'm going to assume you're not one of those 'fundamentalists'.

I suppose if this means liberal African Americans can concealed carry without permits at the nearest public street to the Alabama governer’s house, without being hassled, then I am OK with this.

'Constitution carry?'

You should need a law to carry your copy of the Constitution around.

'Constitution carry?'

You should need a law to carry your copy of the Constitution around.

Young black man shot for threatening police. Allegedly pulled a Constitution when asked for ID.

Kudos to Alabama.

Maybe, just maybe, those cowards who go around assaulting (and killing) perfectly innocent people will think twice before committing their heinous deeds.

Sadly, of course, most of those predators never think before they do anything. If they see an opportunity, they will just instinctively do it.

Some of those armed good people, however, will make sure that those predators never have another chance to harm good people.

It is difficult to see how this law will affect the number of deaths from gunshot that occur in the United States of America.

At present, on average, one person dies of gunshot every half hour. Two people dead each hour. 48 people dead each day. 336 people dead each week. 1,460 people dead each month. 17,500 people dead of gunshot each year.

On average, 17,500 people in the United States of America, dead from gunshot, every year.

Our present laws and their level of enforcement, do not prevent these deaths. 17,500 deaths. Each year.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

Kudos to Alabama.

Maybe, just maybe, those cowards who go around assaulting (and killing) perfectly innocent people will think twice before committing their heinous deeds.

Sadly, of course, most of those predators never think before they do anything. If they see an opportunity, they will just instinctively do it.

Some of those armed good people, however, will make sure that those predators never have another chance to harm good people.

How many "armed good people" do you think went unarmed in public, only because they couldn't be fagged to get a permit?

This will only lead to people who don't usually carry a gun, carrying their gun on impulse. That can't be good.

Why, just so you can parade around with a gun strapped to you without needing a license?

They're probably dreaming of getting out from under the US debt, too. But that won't be part of the deal. At best, they will get a per capita share of the debt.

To be honest a lot of wives and girlfriends and exes in Alabama need to be carrying guns. Sometimes in bed.

Their husbands and boyfriends and ex husbands gun them down.

Back
Top Bottom