• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alabama Gov. Ivey signs 'constitutional carry' bill

You know, if Alabama, Mississippi, Florida and Texas decide to secede again, I wouldn't miss them a bit.
This is already the law in many states, including Vermont and Maine which are blue.

It’s not that radical, it only says those legally allowed to get a concealed carry permit can just carry without one

Drove through Nebraska twice.

Good ****ing god why would any human being choose to live there? Just WHY?

You won't ever have to worry about running into me in Nebraska though. You won't see me, I won't see you strutting around with your gunbelt on like its 1800. Good enough for me!

Your loss. 😄

This is already the law in many states, including Vermont and Maine which are blue.

It’s not that radical, it only says those legally allowed to get a concealed carry permit can just carry without one
These people view any removal of restriction in firearms as radical. Perhaps it's because they are so removed from it.

to commit suicide, a person only needs a revolver and 1 bullet, the most basic thing that could be protected under the 2A without repealing it completely.

So no laws would end suicide by gun and if there were no guns, just as in Japan and other places, there would still be suicides. The rest of us that know our own risks and circumstances AND use them for sport should not be punished by further restrictions that dont actually work. Should we? If so, why?

And that basically goes for accidents too...all it takes is one revolver, 1 bullet.
Yes, there will be.

However, if you look at the USA, in specific, those states with stronger gun control tend to have a lower suicide rate than those states with weak gun control. Many suicides seem to be 'impulse' spur of the moment ones, and guns are very effective at what they do. That leads to a higher suicide rate.

Now, if their girlfriend or boyfriend turns violent, they don't need to wait for months for a permit to be able to protect themselves.

That sounds like a great "reason" to carry a gun.

"I might need to shoot my idiot hick boyfriend who beats me, thats why I carry! Christian family values!!":D

Husbands and wives, all packing iron in case one needs to shoot the other. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Give the kids a gun too. Its just good common sense.

Yessir, sounds about right. Been through there. Unfortunately.

No you dont.

You "know" that guns are gnarlee bitchin', and that everyone should be carrying one. Thats all you "know", and I'd wager its all you'll ever "know" about guns.

But its cool, you won't EVAH have to worry about running into me in the Conservative Right-to-Work Utopia of Alabama, so we're good.
Look at you skitter off! Just complaining...and about something you dont even know. I'm 'not into guns.' Just like I'm not into cars or shoes. But they sure have their uses. Dont you look silly now?

And you used that silliness to avoid answering my direct question regarding restricting rights. Try again? I'm here to discuss, remember?

Generally with due process. What justifications are you thinking of?​

Most people are ok with the carry laws, oh, except for the Police unions.

People might want to consider asking the officer that pulls them over if it's ok to exit the vehicle, so that the cop can remove their wallet from their back pocket for license and registration purposes.

That sounds like a great "reason" to carry a gun.

"I might need to shoot my idiot hick boyfriend who beats me, thats why I carry! Christian family values!!":D

Husbands and wives, all packing iron in case one needs to shoot the other. BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Give the kids a gun too. Its just good common sense.

Yessir, sounds about right. Been through there. Unfortunately.
Meh. It's not. But some idiots are breathless that being allowed to carry a gun without a permit somehow affects wives and girlfriends.... somehow.

Yes, there will be.

However, if you look at the USA, in specific, those states with stronger gun control tend to have a lower suicide rate than those states with weak gun control. Many suicides seem to be 'impulse' spur of the moment ones, and guns are very effective at what they do. That leads to a higher suicide rate.

You are ignoring the point I made...no matter what restrictions you impose, every adult American has the right to own the most basic of guns, a revolver, and 1 bullet. Unless the 2A is repealed.

So again, the question is...what's the point of additional restrictions that punish others? Most suicides arent even a danger to the public...what is the justification for more restrictions when they'll always be able to legally own a firearm? (we already have laws re: convicted felons and mental illness.)

And you used that silliness to avoid answering my direct question regarding restricting rights.

Well gosh, I have "free speech" but I cant just say anything I want anywhere I want.

I have "freedom of the press", but I cant write and circulate whatever I want.

Theres a "right" to guns (actually there isnt, but thats the way its been bastardized by the SCOTUS), but you wouldn't want every mouth breathing idiot walking around with a loaded gun in public places.

Common sense stuff, but unfortunately common sense isnt very common here in the Gun Nut Nayshun.

Well gosh, I have "free speech" but I cant just say anything I want anywhere I want.

I have "freedom of the press", but I cant write and circulate whatever I want.

Theres a "right" to guns (actually there isnt, but thats the way its been bastardized by the SCOTUS), but you wouldn't want every mouth breathing idiot walking around with a loaded gun in public places.

Common sense stuff, but unfortunately common sense isnt very common here in the Gun Nut Nayshun.

Where's that justification? You gave me bluster, not answers. My arent you triggered! (pun intended)

And even funnier, every single day there are people carrying concealed around you, and you have no clue. In WA state, at least 10% based on the number of CC permits (and that's not assuming everyone with a permit is carrying either.)

Been shot at yet? :rolleyes:

I don't know why it would have stopped it. But this law certainly isn't going to hurt their self defense options.
yeah, the men will continue to gun down the women.

I liked Nebraska.

Sweet ****ing christ, just driving through there was almost enough to make me want to kill myself, theres no way I'll ever be there again and theres no way I'd carry a gun if I were there. I'd want to put it in my mouth so my suffering could stop.My god what a forsaken place imo.

I guarantee you will not be bothered with running into me there, it won't ever happen. So this isnt an issue for me. Its just freaking bizarre to me how any adult human could ever think its a great idea to let every imbecile carry a gun around in public like its 1800, and without a shred of training.
You get into an argument with some moron over a parking spot and you're both armed, the guy that survives is the "good guy" and the dead guy is the "bad guy". Who will say otherwise?
The US has become an embarrassment IMO, its going backward.

But it seems that most of the states doing this just happen to also be the HOLES that I won't ever be in, so its cool. Bang! Bang!! 'Murcan FrEeDuMbZ$™!!!!!

Indeed. I lived south of Omaha for five years as a kid. Really loved living there.

Well you should go back IMO.

Not only will you "love" it, but I guarantee you'll never have to see me. Wouldn't you like that?

Well you should go back IMO.

Not only will you "love" it, but I guarantee you'll never have to see me. Wouldn't you like that?
Whether I see you or not has zero relevance in where I choose to go or not go.

Sweet ****ing christ, just driving through there was almost enough to make me want to kill myself, theres no way I'll ever be there again and theres no way I'd carry a gun if I were there. I'd want to put it in my mouth so my suffering could stop.My god what a forsaken place imo.

I guarantee you will not be bothered with running into me there, it won't ever happen. So this isnt an issue for me. Its just freaking bizarre to me how any adult human could ever think its a great idea to let every imbecile carry a gun around in public like its 1800, and without a shred of training.
You get into an argument with some moron over a parking spot and you're both armed, the guy that survives is the "good guy" and the dead guy is the "bad guy". Who will say otherwise?

But it seems that most of the states doing this just happen to also be the HOLES that I won't ever be in, so its cool. Bang! Bang!! 'Murcan FrEeDuMbZ$™!!!!!
It could be worse. The U.S. could have the shooting rate of the 90s. Or of NY.

Already posted:

What gun crimes does training prevent?

And where are the stats that show states with restrictions on cc and those with none have significantly more gun crime?

Without reasonable, valid answers to those, the hysteria in your posts is unwarranted, altho you certainly seem gratified by it.

Where's that justification? You gave me bluster, not answers.

No, I gave you answers, which you then flatly ignored, because you like most gun "enthusiasts" are willfully obtuse regarding the topic.

Theres really no point in discussing it further, I've studied this issue for a long time and used to be quite involved in it. Gun "enthusiasts" flatly ignore any actual real data that might conflict with "Guns are gnarlee bitchin'", the Congress actually passed a law making it illegal to study gun violence in the US because they know the findings will support gun control, just like every other developed nation on earth figured out forever ago. Most Americans would rather be ignorant than know any real facts. This is the bottom line. The gun death rates in the US are freaking obscene compared to other developed nations, because the lack of gun control.
You can have the last word, I am already very familiar with these conversations and there is really no point in continuing.

Back
Top Bottom