• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al-Zahar: Let Hamas fire rockets from West Bank

That is why the Security Council has passed over five resolutions concerning Jerusalem and Israel's 'Basic Law' as null and void.

Positions on Jerusalem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not even your best ally agrees with you:

Or the administrators of the land prior to Israel's occupation of Jerusalem:

How about some other countries?
Canada

Finland

Sweden

I can keep going, if you'd like.

Here's some more information... you obviously need it:

So you state that "Jerusalem is recognized as Israel's capital by the world", yet not one country maintains an embassy in Jerusalem. Hilarious. Even the US maintains its embassy in Tel Aviv, while having a Consulate General office in Jerusalem like the Britain.

Nothing that you said here contradicts any of my words in the correction of yours.
Jerusalem is recognized as Israel's capital by the entire world, since West Jerusalem is recognized as Israel's capital.
That you fail to understand that simple truth is very concerning as to your capabilities in forming an argument.

Go to Israel's wiki page and see what's written under "capital".

Nothing that you said here contradicts any of my words in the correction of yours.
Jerusalem is recognized as Israel's capital by the entire world, since West Jerusalem is recognized as Israel's capital.
That you fail to understand that simple truth is very concerning as to your capabilities in forming an argument.
So provide evidence that Jerusalem is recognized as the capital of Israel "by the world". What were the United States' exact words...?
The United States views as desirable the establishing of an international regime for the city. Its final status must be resolved through negotiations and it does not recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
That obviously contradicts your statement:
Apocalypse said:
Jerusalem is recognized as Israel's capital by the world.
Look at how much spin you try to put on something factual. Was Finland's exact words...?
"Israel considers Jerusalem to be it's capital city. The international community has not recognized this. The Finnish embassy is in Tel Aviv."
"The international community has not recognized this." Am I to believe Finland is wrong, but Apocalypse is right? That's laughable.
Apocalypse said:
Go to Israel's wiki page and see what's written under "capital".
That's because Israel (and not the international community) consider Jerusalem to be its capital.

What part of 6 UNSC resolutions deeming Israel's "Basic Law" as "null and void" agrees with your assertion?

As to your assertion that they recognize West Jerusalem:

Various countries recognized Israel as a state in the 1940s and 1950s, but they did not recognize Israeli sovereignty over West Jerusalem. There is an international sui generis consular corps in Jerusalem. It is commonly referred to as the "Consular Corps of the Corpus Separatum". The states that have maintained consulates in Jerusalem say that it was part of Palestine, and in a de jure sense, has not since become part of any other sovereignty.
Corpus Separatum §33 Jerusalem" Marjorie M. Whiteman editor, US State Department Digest of International Law, vol. 1 (Washington, DC: U. S. Government Printing Office, 1963) pages 593-4;Foreign relations of the United States, 1948. The Near East, South Asia, and Africa (in two parts) Volume V, Part 2, Page 748; "Governing Jerusalem: again on the world's agenda", By Ira Sharkansky, Wayne State University Press, 1996, ISBN 0814325920, page 23; and John Quigley, "The Legal Status Of Jerusalem Under International Law, The Turkish Yearbook Of International Relations, [VOL. XXIV, 1994] pp 11-25

Last edited:
They are talking about firing rockets and nothing more. Unless you are going to start calling Israeli bombing raids terrorist attacks then they are not talking at all about terrorism. Hamas attacks without regard for the lives of Israeli civilians and Israel attacks without regard for the lives of Palestinian civilians. I fail to see a substantive difference other than Israel having more accurate weapons. Israel wants to pursue a policy of total war, yet condemns its opponents responding in kind as terrorists.

Hamas and its terrorist allies fire rockets indiscriminately. Indiscriminate bombardment is a war crime. Israel does not attack indiscriminately. Moreover, if Israel chose to pursue a policy of "total war" without any respect for international law, we wouldn't be discussing Hamas or the Gaza Strip. Both would have been completely devastated. But Israel does not pursue total war. It does make every effort to comply with international law, even resorting to extraordinary and unprecedented tactics such as phone/text messages to alert Palestinians, among other approaches. There is no comparison whatsoever between Hamas' tactics and Israel's.

Demon of Light said:
They are talking about firing rockets and nothing more. Unless you are going to start calling Israeli bombing raids terrorist attacks then they are not talking at all about terrorism. Hamas attacks without regard for the lives of Israeli civilians and Israel attacks without regard for the lives of Palestinian civilians. I fail to see a substantive difference other than Israel having more accurate weapons. Israel wants to pursue a policy of total war, yet condemns its opponents responding in kind as terrorists.

Note how in just about 98.89% of the time Israel acts after a while of rocket attacks.
Infact the whole issue was started by them attacking Israel.
In addition, ( I got an A+ in English...Transition words are your friends...) Just about all the issues that cause an Israeli response are committed by Hamas/Fateh ( at the time atlest) and other organizations. ( in the Gaza issue) ( right now) ( not 1967) ( 2000~2010) ( just so no one gets confused) x = 13 ( find X)

If you think of this as Cause, and effect.
When you punch someone, and provoke him, the effect will more than likely be him punching you back if not more.

People have this strange mindset, that everything is all flowers and fun and everyone is friends till an Israeli operation which comes out of nowhere and kills everyone.
If someone actually thanks that, I am sorry but they need to go back to the 6th grade.
Cause they seem to forget the natural law of everything, which is. Everything happens cause of something else that has happened that is the cause and effect of another thing happening.
In simple, in sderot its not all flowers and Chocolate Rain when rockets fly overhead.
I also like the argument that its not a fair fight, that Israel has some of the most advanced army equipment, and its not fair cause they dont.
Rofl Its just epic.
I know that in WW2 when Germany was losing everyone sent them weapons so it would be a fair fight. In Vietnam the same story. I mean its unheared of that you would want an upper hand in war. Nope its stupid and makes no sense.

Next you are going to argue that because the USA and Russia have a lot of nukes, everyone should also get the same amount of nukes so it would be fair.

The diff between Hamas and Israel when it comes to rockets is simple.

One does not fire 8000+ rockets ( 2 of them actually hit about 1 kilometer from my house, was fun I got to leave school early ^_^) into a contry that they know have no accuracy and obviosly aim them at civilian targets.
The other fires a few rockets after gathering up intelligence calling texting dropping papers saying " hamas or gtfo of this building" and then fire the rocket.
Infact if Israel would of not done that we would in addition to killing more innocent civilians, we would of actually managed to hit more hamas people.
But nope we don't do that ( which is annoying cause at the same time its good to try and save as many innocent people as possible but at the same time its just blowing up an empty building cause the hamas people left.)

I lost my train of thought..
Anyway no disrespect.
=]]
:mrgreen:

In other words, you wish to define the word terrorism, not by any recognized consitant standard, but by whatever fits in with your extreme bias against the targets of such in order to justify it.

I don't think its conspiration, I think its a failure of our Foreign Ministry, while the Palestinians making a big issue out of every small event, Israel does nothing to win the world's public opinion so we absorb many rocket fire and terror attacks until we are saturated, we explode and the world can't see why.

Oh, so what you're saying is that Israel is unique in not receiving the world's attention? The fact is, a few rockets landing and maybe hurting someone is a non-story for the media. The Gaza aid ships were also a non-story because they kept getting let through before 2009 and after the Gaza War there was just some small ones turned away. It became a big story because many people died in a relatively large flotilla.

I don't think there were any, there were a few rocket launching squads who were shot before they managed to launch though...

Well, I looked and it seems there were some bombing raids in response. The fact is, no one died in these incidents and it hasn't led to any big conflagration.

I heard about the Azeri and Armenian conflict first time in this week in this forum, I did hear however about a conflict in Uzbekistan in the Israeli media this week

The point is there are worse things going on in the world that receive even less coverage than events in Israel. Most people were blindsided by what happened in Georgia but for those of us who kept an eye on the subject it was not a surprise in the slightest.

NO, Israel never showed itself as a victim of the Palestinian terror out of a stupid idea that it will make us look weak in the eyes of the Arabs, instead of making a big deal out of every rocket falling on Sderot for the past 9 years globaly and demand international pressure on Egypt to work harder to prevent the smuggling into Gaza, Israel set still, took it's time. If the opposite happens and a Palestinian gets shot in the foot by an asshole in the IDF the Palestinians imidiatly leverage it to show the world press how evil the IDF soldiers\war criminals are. BTW I don't know how many US soldiers were trailed for illegal killing of civilians in Afganistan or Iraq, I don't know how many Russian soldiers were trailed for illegal killing in Georgia, I don't see that the world gives a damn about what happened over there as much as it does with every tiny incident that happens here (UN security consul meeting to condem, UN investigations of the conflict etc...). I do know IDF soldiers and policemen from the Border guard were trailed for illegal killing in Israel.

Look, this is a matter of history. Dating back to even before Israel's independence the leaders there have pursued a policy of disproportionate force. The idea was that if they showed that even a small incident led to such damage they would stop. Of course, it could also be that the idea was to pursue a policy of escalation so as to justify tougher action.

Also, if Russia pursued things the way that Israel did then there would be many more dead Georgians. The U.S. is more ruthless, but ultimately the U.S. is massive and has large international media conglomerates that are not interested in being too critical of their government and military.

Hamas and its terrorist allies fire rockets indiscriminately. Indiscriminate bombardment is a war crime. Israel does not attack indiscriminately. Moreover, if Israel chose to pursue a policy of "total war" without any respect for international law, we wouldn't be discussing Hamas or the Gaza Strip. Both would have been completely devastated. But Israel does not pursue total war. It does make every effort to comply with international law, even resorting to extraordinary and unprecedented tactics such as phone/text messages to alert Palestinians, among other approaches. There is no comparison whatsoever between Hamas' tactics and Israel's.

Hamas is guilty of war crimes yes and so is Israel. The difference is one of style not substance. Israel attacks anything that they can possibly spin as a non-civilian target including schools and Hamas just fires without regard for what they might hit.

In other words, you wish to define the word terrorism, not by any recognized consitant standard, but by whatever fits in with your extreme bias against the targets of such in order to justify it.

Actually, I am just going with the typical definition. Terrorism has been abused by certain governments to justify their actions, but that does not mean an educated populace has to go along with it.

Last edited:
Oh, so what you're saying is that Israel is unique in not receiving the world's attention? The fact is, a few rockets landing and maybe hurting someone is a non-story for the media. The Gaza aid ships were also a non-story because they kept getting let through before 2009 and after the Gaza War there was just some small ones turned away. It became a big story because many people died in a relatively large flotilla.

Thats not even close to what I said, I suggest you'll read it again.

Well, I looked and it seems there were some bombing raids in response. The fact is, no one died in these incidents and it hasn't led to any big conflagration.
thats what I said, they took out some rocket launching groups in action. mybe they bombed a few tunnels as well but I didn't hear about it - that the usual retaliation though.

The point is there are worse things going on in the world that receive even less coverage than events in Israel. Most people were blindsided by what happened in Georgia but for those of us who kept an eye on the subject it was not a surprise in the slightest.

You understand that this point doesn't settle with your first point, there are worse things going on in the world and still the flotilla is getting most attention.

Also, if Russia pursued things the way that Israel did then there would be many more dead Georgians. The U.S. is more ruthless, but ultimately the U.S. is massive and has large international media conglomerates that are not interested in being too critical of their government and military.

You missed the point, though Russia did numerus war crimes in the war in Afganistan including the use of chemical weapons on civilian population I didn't hear of anyone being trailed for that, not only internationaly but also internaly in Russia. Same goes for the US, I can't imagine that in such a big army and such a big conflict in Iraq there were no soldiers who commited illegal killing, I never heard of an incident where a US soldier was trailed on such charges by the US athorities, I do know of IDF soldiers and policemen who were.

Thats not even close to what I said, I suggest you'll read it again.

You make it seem like the world deliberately ignores what happens to Israel, but not what happens to the Palestinians or whatever group we mention. It is a common and false claim. The media would report an unusual lethal attack on Israeli soldiers I assure you.

thats what I said, they took out some rocket launching groups in action. mybe they bombed a few tunnels as well but I didn't hear about it - that the usual retaliation though.

Exactly, no one died in either attack so no one reported it.

You understand that this point doesn't settle with your first point, there are worse things going on in the world and still the flotilla is getting most attention.

No one cares about Africa and even after what happened in Georgia people don't care about the Caucasus. The media cares more about the Middle East, but even the typical non-lethal attack and even typical lethal attacks are generally ignored more than certain unusual or dangerous incidents. An attack on Israel that might start a war gets more attention than something that sparks an airstrike or two.

You missed the point, though Russia did numerus war crimes in the war in Afganistan including the use of chemical weapons on civilian population I didn't hear of anyone being trailed for that, not only internationaly but also internaly in Russia. Same goes for the US, I can't imagine that in such a big army and such a big conflict in Iraq there were no soldiers who commited illegal killing, I never heard of an incident where a US soldier was trailed on such charges by the US athorities, I do know of IDF soldiers and policemen who were.

I have definitely heard of such things. Not just illegal killings but other actions. I wouldn't know about Russia, but I don't think you can really hold Russia up to the same standards.

You make it seem like the world deliberately ignores what happens to Israel, but not what happens to the Palestinians or whatever group we mention. It is a common and false claim. The media would report an unusual lethal attack on Israeli soldiers I assure you.

No, I'm saying the Palestinians are doing a much better job in presenting their case to the world than the Israeli goverment.

Exactly, no one died in either attack so no one reported it.
Israelies die and still no one reported it:
Do you consider the murder of an israeli policeman last week in an ambush by Fatah activist as an act of terror?

No one cares about Africa and even after what happened in Georgia people don't care about the Caucasus. The media cares more about the Middle East, but even the typical non-lethal attack and even typical lethal attacks are generally ignored more than certain unusual or dangerous incidents. An attack on Israel that might start a war gets more attention than something that sparks an airstrike or two.

So we agree that in general the global media is hypocrate when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, making cases and pushing public opinion to all sorts of invastigation it doesn't push for in other conflicts

I have definitely heard of such things. Not just illegal killings but other actions. I wouldn't know about Russia, but I don't think you can really hold Russia up to the same standards.

Ah, good for the Russians then, perhaps they should go on and start another war just to test their new weapon systems just like they did in Afganistan.

No, I'm saying the Palestinians are doing a much better job in presenting their case to the world than the Israeli goverment.

I still think you are mistaken. Happened in the Gaza War speaks for itself without the need for any manipulation. Israel suffered little in that war while Palestinians suffered greatly. That matters a great deal.

Israelies die and still no one reported it:

Without knowing the circumstances I can't say much, but given how you describe it this seems like something that would not get attention for the reasons I have mentioned.

So we agree that in general the global media is hypocrate when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, making cases and pushing public opinion to all sorts of invastigation it doesn't push for in other conflicts

It is not really a matter of them being hypocrites. They just plain do not care about events in these other regions until they get much more serious. People will care more about events in the Middle East because they have more relevance and significance in the eyes of the media.

Ah, good for the Russians then, perhaps they should go on and start another war just to test their new weapon systems just like they did in Afganistan.

I mean we generally do not expect high standards from Russia, meaning that you really shouldn't compare what they do to what Israel does.

I still think you are mistaken. Happened in the Gaza War speaks for itself without the need for any manipulation. Israel suffered little in that war while Palestinians suffered greatly. That matters a great deal.
The potential for Gazan suffering was ignored for months by most until it became a reality.

I mean we generally do not expect high standards from Russia, meaning that you really shouldn't compare what they do to what Israel does.
This is utter poppycock and a primer on the hypocrisy of selective double-standards. Unless accepted warfare standards are adopted and adhered to equally by every military, they are nothing more than pie in the sky principles without any meaningful form or function. Accepting double standards as the norm amounts to a tacit approval of selective expectations and enforcement. Either a standard is robust and true at every plateau, or it is relegated to impotence and whimsy.

This is utter poppycock and a primer on the hypocrisy of selective double-standards. Unless accepted warfare standards are adopted and adhered to equally by every military, they are nothing more than pie in the sky principles without any meaningful form or function. Accepting double standards as the norm amounts to a tacit approval of selective expectations and enforcement. Either a standard is robust and true at every plateau, or it is relegated to impotence and whimsy.

I am only stating that there are no the same expectations of Russia as there are of Israel and the U.S. Thus when Russia does something as bad or worse without punishment the reaction will not be the same because it is business as usual. Business as usual simply isn't news for most people. You also cannot claim that Israel meeting a higher standard than Russia reflects on anything about Israel aside from the fact that it is generally held up to a higher standard.

If someone in the U.S. were arrested for criticizing Obama I assure you more people would be concerned about that than someone in Saudi Arabia being arrested for criticizing King Abdullah. That is because it is not business as usual.

The people of Sderot suffered for 8 years prior to the attack on Gaza. You can ask the child phsycologists in the area surrounding Gaza how "little" Israelies suffered.

Without knowing the circumstances I can't say much, but given how you describe it this seems like something that would not get attention for the reasons I have mentioned.

Why would you know the circumstances, no Palestinians were killed.

It is not really a matter of them being hypocrites. They just plain do not care about events in these other regions until they get much more serious. People will care more about events in the Middle East because they have more relevance and significance in the eyes of the media.

If the life of an Israeli or a Palestinian means more than the life of a Georgian, Uzbek, Chechnian, Sudani etc... It means the media is hypocrate.

I would like to see the world treats Israel in the same standards it treats every other nation which is in a state of war, no matter what they excpect from us. We are still WAY better then the rest and being cirtisized for our actions like no one else in the world, besides north Korea perhaps.

I am only stating that there are no the same expectations of Russia as there are of Israel and the U.S. Thus when Russia does something as bad or worse without punishment the reaction will not be the same because it is business as usual. Business as usual simply isn't news for most people.
Indeed. Business as usual. This demonstrates my point precisely. Obvious war crimes are ignored and glossed over due to the artificial edifices of low expectation, political power, and granted privilege.

Let's look at a tale of three cities.... Grozny, Fallujah, Gaza City. The first two cities were virtually totally destroyed by the Red Army and the US Marine Corps respectively. Gaza City experienced damage, but the damage inflicted upon Gaza City did not mirror nor even remotely approach the degree of destruction and carnage visited upon both Grozny and Fallujah.

We all know the infamous UN Goldstone Report roundly criticized IDF/IAF (with little mention of Hamas) actions in respect to Gaza and Operation Cast Lead.

Can anyone name a similar UN investigation re Grozny and Fallujah?

I can't. Google Search also turns up nothing of substance:

UN investigation of Grozny - Google Search
UN investigation of Fallujah - Google Search

What we have here then in this tale of three cities is blatant hypocrisy and the acceptance of convenient double standards. Israel is held to a much higher military standard than both the US and Russia, two powerful nations that are permanent members of the UN Security Counsel.

In addition, the UN Goldstone Report creates the false illusion that the IDF is quintessentially different than other modern militaries engaged in actions against a fanatical enemy entrenched in an urban setting. Rubbish. Inconvenient truth's are merely swept under the carpet at 760 United Nations Plaza.

The people of Sderot suffered for 8 years prior to the attack on Gaza. You can ask the child phsycologists in the area surrounding Gaza how "little" Israelies suffered.

Compared to what the Palestinians have suffered it is very little.

Why would you know the circumstances, no Palestinians were killed.

Even if Palestinians were killed we probably wouldn't hear about it. As I recall only Palestinians died in the lead up to the Gaza War but it did not get any more coverage than the non-lethal attacks on Israel.

If the life of an Israeli or a Palestinian means more than the life of a Georgian, Uzbek, Chechnian, Sudani etc... It means the media is hypocrate.

It actually doesn't mean that. When something happens on a regular basis it simply isn't news for most of the world. The news media report what they believe their viewers will find relevant. Most people in the U.S., Europe, and so on simply have no interest in the day-to-day matters in Somalia or the Caucasus.

I would like to see the world treats Israel in the same standards it treats every other nation which is in a state of war, no matter what they excpect from us. We are still WAY better then the rest and being cirtisized for our actions like no one else in the world, besides north Korea perhaps.

Oh for ****'s sake israel is not "way better" than the rest. That's the problem here. It seems obvious you have a victimization complex brought on partly by a superiority complex. You think you're so superior that you get annoyed when the rest of the world doesn't agree. News flash: Israel is not better than the rest of the world in any area.

Can anyone name a similar UN investigation re Grozny and Fallujah?

What we have here then in this tale of three cities is blatant hypocrisy and the acceptance of convenient double standards. Israel is held to a much higher military standard than both the US and Russia, two powerful nations that are permanent members of the UN Security Counsel.

There you resolve your own issue. The U.S. and Russia can block UN investigations because they are permanent members. Of course, this does not block other international groups from investigating. The EU did issue report on what occurred during the war in Georgia. The main difference is fewer people cared.

Israel is not in any way held to a higher standard than that of other developed democratic nations. More is expected from a country like Israel than a country like Russia. Just like more is expected from the U.S. than Russia. To put in simply Israel is supposed to be better than Russia.

Compared to what the Palestinians have suffered it is very little.

No its not, Israel doesn't bomb houses in Gaza arbitrary and not as often as Hamas did in Sderot for the past 9 years

Even if Palestinians were killed we probably wouldn't hear about it. As I recall only Palestinians died in the lead up to the Gaza War but it did not get any more coverage than the non-lethal attacks on Israel.

Israelies died from Kassam rockets long before the attack on Gaza began.

It actually doesn't mean that. When something happens on a regular basis it simply isn't news for most of the world. The news media report what they believe their viewers will find relevant. Most people in the U.S., Europe, and so on simply have no interest in the day-to-day matters in Somalia or the Caucasus.

So its not world media hypocrate its the people of the world. Frankly I believe that the common person in the world doesn't give a damn about the Israeli or the Palestinian too, but still the media thinks he does.

Oh for ****'s sake israel is not "way better" than the rest. That's the problem here. It seems obvious you have a victimization complex brought on partly by a superiority complex. You think you're so superior that you get annoyed when the rest of the world doesn't agree. News flash: Israel is not better than the rest of the world in any area.

Are you speaking as a veteran of the Russian army? I was in the IDF, I was stationed in numerous checkpoints in the west bank in my service and almost every year in reserve duty, I know how me and my commrads treated Palestinians, I know what the rules of engagement are ("shoot only if your life is under threat" to make it short), I know how IDF soldiers are briefed before any operation. I also read about those who doesn't follow the ethical code of the IDF and get imprisoned for breaking it. I also heard stories from Red Army veterans about how the Red Army used nerve gas to enliminate Afgan villages, so yes I think our army's morality is superiour to the Russian army.

Last edited:
No its not, Israel doesn't bomb houses in Gaza arbitrary and not as often as Hamas did in Sderot for the past 9 years

It very much is little compared to what Palestinians have suffered and it is despicable to suggest otherwise. No amount of emotional trauma can be so great a loss as that of a human life. Israel has not yet truly suffered, certainly not on the level of Palestinians.

Israelies died from Kassam rockets long before the attack on Gaza began.

I am just referring to the months preceding the war.

So its not world media hypocrate its the people of the world. Frankly I believe that the common person in the world doesn't give a damn about the Israeli or the Palestinian too, but still the media thinks he does.

It isn't even a matter of hypocrisy. Many events simply have no relevance to people in most countries.

Are you speaking as a veteran of the Russian army? I was in the IDF, I was stationed in numerous checkpoints in the west bank in my service and almost every year in reserve duty, I know how me and my commrads treated Palestinians, I know what the rules of engagement are ("shoot only if your life is under threat" to make it short), I know how IDF soldiers are briefed before any operation. I also read about those who doesn't follow the ethical code of the IDF and get imprisoned for breaking it. I also heard stories from Red Army veterans about how the Red Army used nerve gas to enliminate Afgan villages, so yes I think our army's morality is superiour to the Russian army.

You didn't just claim superiority over the Russians. You said, "We are still WAY better then the rest."

Ido I think you underestimate the effect Israel has had on Gaza over these years and the number of unnecessary civilian deaths. However I realise you will not know about this, as this video, 10 mins of a documentary, says, they were not reported in Israel.

YouTube - Gaza: The Killing Zone - Israel/Palestine

Israel has not yet truly suffered, "

Yeah -- , like the folks who only saw 6 million of their family members fed to the gas chambers haven't suffered. :roll:

Ido I think you underestimate the effect Israel has had on Gaza over these years and the number of unnecessary civilian deaths. However I realise you will not know about this, as this video, 10 mins of a documentary, says, they were not reported in Israel.

YouTube - Gaza: The Killing Zone - Israel/Palestine

Every single Palestinian that dies by the hands of the IDF is reported in YNET, right wing hawks will even call YNET "Leftist traitors" because they describe the Palestinians killed as "Palestinian" and not "Terrorist" or "Millitant" even if they were armed or tried to preform an attack on Israel\Israelies.

Every single Palestinian that dies by the hands of the IDF is reported in YNET, right wing hawks will even call YNET "Leftist traitors" because they describe the Palestinians killed as "Palestinian" and not "Terrorist" or "Millitant" even if they were armed or tried to preform an attack on Israel\Israelies.

Nontheless as the video shows a lot of Gaza's civilians were/are (?) killed unnecessarily. At that time 2003 they said 3 Gaza civilians were killed for every Israeli. I imagine that number has gone up considerably since Cast Lead. Because some of our citizens went out there to help and one or two also were killed, we have had documentaries on what was going on. That is why you will find UK people not seeing things as black and white as Israeli's generally present.

It does though strike me as strange that people would not differentiate between militants or terrorists and innocent civilians. That is certainly necessary and without that it is impossible to know who are militants and who are civilians. In this way these YNET reports would appear by not saying who is who, to be giving the impression everyone killed was a militant/terrorist However as that video showed, civilians not involved in terrorist activity were/are the main victims.

Last edited:
It does though strike me as strange that people would not differentiate between militants or terrorists and innocent civilians. That is certainly necessary and without that it is impossible to know who are militants and who are civilians. In this way these YNET reports would appear by not saying who is who, to be giving the impression everyone killed was a militant/terrorist However as that video showed, civilians not involved in terrorist activity were/are the main victims.

On the contrary, Ynet always gives the impression that a civilian was killed from the headlines, you have to read the paper to understand it was actually a terrorist\militant.

It very much is little compared to what Palestinians have suffered and it is despicable to suggest otherwise. No amount of emotional trauma can be so great a loss as that of a human life. Israel has not yet truly suffered, certainly not on the level of Palestinians.

I am just referring to the months preceding the war.

Whats despicable is that you value the lives of Palestinians more than you value the lives of Israelies, its despicable that you neglect 8 years of suffering to which Israel's reaction almost didn't exist, many Israelies died by the hands of Hamas during the past 20 years, hundreds but hey it doesn't count, they didn't die in the week prior to Cast Lead.

It isn't even a matter of hypocrisy. Many events simply have no relevance to people in most countries.
What makes the middle east conflict more relevant to the average english, french or spanish folks than the conflict in Caucasus?

You didn't just claim superiority over the Russians. You said, "We are still WAY better then the rest."
Take my words out of context and do as you please with them if it makes you feel better about yourself.

It is a more moderate path than terrorism.

Indiscrimately targeting cities, towns, and villages with rocket fire is an unlawful use of force, Hezbollah and Hamas are subnational actors, thus their unlawful use of force is an act of terrorism in addition to a war crime.

Back
Top Bottom