• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al Sharpton holding patriotic event on 9/11???!!!!

Oh I see.... Its okay for Glen Beck to hold a rally on the anniversary of MLK I have a dream speech, but Al Sharpton can't hold a patriotic event on 9/11?

No way in hell. There is no way that Al Sharpton can hold an event on 9/11 and not dishonor the people who were lost.

Educate me why he can't.

before we begin, let me put this on record that I can't stand Sharpton, but at the same time I can't stand Glen Beck just as much. They both are very good at rallying their base by feeding into their fears. I think that they are too much a like. Instead of trying to bring everyone together, they cause a even bigger sepreation. As a black man I was offended when Beck held his rally of the anniversary of MLK speech because he has absolutely nothing in common with MLK and what he was doing was a complete slap in the face to MLK legacy because he was leading the charge. You would most likely disagree because your base is most likely on his side. Now we have Al Sharpton who like Glen Beck is holding a rally that sounds good but because he is doing it put a bad taste in your mouth because your base does not agree with his philosophy.

Now explain to me why Al Sharpton holding a event on 9/11 is dishonoring the people who were lost.

I just lover reading posts by people who know going on nothing but think they are as brilliant as Obama. Thing is they are, because Obama is an idiot who can't speak without his speech writers and teleprompter and can't think for himself outside of racist statements. Sharpton is a joke a fool and a stone racist.

FYI M.L.K. was a conservative and a registered Republican.

Educate me why he can't.

before we begin, let me put this on record that I can't stand Sharpton, but at the same time I can't stand Glen Beck just as much. They both are very good at rallying their base by feeding into their fears. I think that they are too much a like. Instead of trying to bring everyone together, they cause a even bigger sepreation. As a black man I was offended when Beck held his rally of the anniversary of MLK speech because he has absolutely nothing in common with MLK and what he was doing was a complete slap in the face to MLK legacy because he was leading the charge. You would most likely disagree because your base is most likely on his side. Now we have Al Sharpton who like Glen Beck is holding a rally that sounds good but because he is doing it put a bad taste in your mouth because your base does not agree with his philosophy.

Now explain to me why Al Sharpton holding a event on 9/11 is dishonoring the people who were lost.

Looking at some of Sharpton's history may shed light on why he should be distatseful to anyone who is left or right but fair minded. If you are not from NY you may not remember when he accused police from an upstate NY community of doing terrible things to a youmg black female. Had all sorts of marches and slurs against the police accused of the crime. When the police were exonerated Sharpton just went on to his next issue without so much as an apology.

The next issue, which I have heard Sharpton disputes is materially worse. He and his group were protesting a store owned by Jewish merchants. They picketed the place calling the people who owned the place interlopers. The end of the story is the store was eventually firebombed and the owners burned to death.

I can't listen to Beck either. But to put him in the same league as a Sharpton is a bit much.

Looking at some of Sharpton's history may shed light on why he should be distatseful to anyone who is left or right but fair minded. If you are not from NY you may not remember when he accused police from an upstate NY community of doing terrible things to a youmg black female. Had all sorts of marches and slurs against the police accused of the crime. When the police were exonerated Sharpton just went on to his next issue without so much as an apology.

Are you talking about Twana Brawly?

I can't listen to Beck either. But to put him in the same league as a Sharpton is a bit much.

Oh they are peas in a pod.

FYI M.L.K. was a conservative and a registered Republican.

Um.... okay...:confused::roll:

How do you think he'd feel about the GOP's southern strategy?

FYI -

Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[3]

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WTH is this ass clown up to?

It's no different than Palin and Beck holding a high priced event on 9/11. Free speech means we have to let the assholes and clowns do things like this.

It's no different than Palin and Beck holding a high priced event on 9/11. Free speech means we have to let the assholes and clowns do things like this.

You're right. He and Beck and Palin have every right to make assholes of themselves by holding an event on 9/11. And we have every right to say that their doing so is rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate.

;)

Are people being forced to buy tickets? Last I heard we are still permitted to spend our own money however we wish. You are free not to attend, or listen.

You're right. He and Beck and Palin have every right to make assholes of themselves by holding an event on 9/11. And we have every right to say that their doing so is rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate.

;)

What rude, disrespectful, inconsiderate things would those be? Is the event over? What was said?

Someone who is incredibly partisan holding an event on 9/11 is disrespectful to all of us. On par, frankly, with building a mosque near GZ.

Just out of idle curiosity, does anyone know offhand how much it would cost a person to go hear Sharpton's free speech? If he doesn't take my $9.11 per person idea, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Are people being forced to buy tickets? Last I heard we are still permitted to spend our own money however we wish. You are free not to attend, or listen.

The same could be said for Sharpton's speech. They are all just about identical.

Um.... okay...:confused::roll:

How do you think he'd feel about the GOP's southern strategy?

FYI -

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it was an error in judgement The GOP left a good voting block to be swayed by Democrats who had up until about that time controlled all of the anti-segregation protests and policies that have to this been designed to make the blacks dependent on a Welfare mentality that has convinced some they are owed something for nothing because they are oppressed, rather than giving the a hand up they fell for the hand out and the pour picked attitude.

In the process the Democrats convinced the majority of blacks that they were the only ones fighting for their rights to free everything, and that has held them back for decades, with people like Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson in front of the parade of lies, whether they relaize it or not.

As I have said my friends didn't fall for the Dems. B.S. and are now professionals in medicine and business.

Where is this Al Sharpton event today?

Oh I see.... Its okay for Glen Beck to hold a rally on the anniversary of MLK I have a dream speech, but Al Sharpton can't hold a patriotic event on 9/11?

He can hold an event, but calling it "patriotic"... Give me a break... lolololololol

He can hold an event, but calling it "patriotic"... Give me a break... lolololololol

Which is why he gets categorized with palin and beck.

I still don't know where this event was. Can someone source it, please?

Sharpton, Beck, Palin. None of them should hold "patriotic" events on 9/11. That is a day of mourning, not a day to abuse what happened years ago in order to push a political message across.

To be completely truthful, Al Sharpton did NOT hold a 9/11 event. He was more respectful of 9/11 than Beck or Palin were.

images

To be completely truthful, Al Sharpton did NOT hold a 9/11 event. He was more respectful of 9/11 than Beck or Palin were.

images

So the entire thread was a "bait"? Isn't that sort of the definition of trolling??

Very classy.....:roll:

Back
Top Bottom