• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al-Qaida-inspired cell revealed in Israel

I just can't wait until the first European refers to them as "freedom fighters".

I wonder what would have happened if those guys did manage to get connected with al-Qaeda, as they've tried to before being arrested, and then commit a terrorist attack in Israel.

Would it mean then that al-Qaeda too will cease being a terrorist organization, since it would have targeted Jews?

I wonder what would have happened if those guys did manage to get connected with al-Qaeda, as they've tried to before being arrested, and then commit a terrorist attack in Israel.

Would it mean then that al-Qaeda too will cease being a terrorist organization, since it would have targeted Jews?

You could bet your bottom dollar many would justify it.

Of course, having justified it, they would then deny they had just done so, and anybody who pointed out that they had done so would be vilified, but believe me -- they would figure out a way.

This is pure Israeli propaganda, Israeli's would love to tie occupied Palestinians to Al-quada, as it would serve their purposes, but the real fact remains they are not, they are just fighting against occupation.

I just can't wait until the first European refers to them as "freedom fighters".

This is pure Israeli propaganda, Israeli's would love to tie occupied Palestinians to Al-quada, as it would serve their purposes, but the real fact remains they are not, they are just fighting against occupation.

damn Gardener, you're prophetic.

damn Gardener, you're prophetic.

Well, I've certainly been called worse things than a prophylactic.

It's usually that which said device is meant to cover.

They are Israeli Arabs from the Gallile, they are not fighting any occupation and not occupied by anyone.

No, it would mean they are attacking Israelis.

They are Israeli Arabs from the Gallile, they are not fighting any occupation and not occupied by anyone.

shhh, don't tell him that, Israel isn't allowed to have a legitimate grievance, its always their fault.

but it is rather telling that you mention terrorists in conjunction with Israel, and his mind jumps straight to the Palestinians

Last edited:

I think you need to understand, IDO, that the word "occupied" means any Jew living anywhere in the middle east. Those who want the region to be Juden free use the term "occupied" to include Israel.

No, it would mean they are attacking Israelis.

Yeah, like they are going to target the Arab Israelis? :roll:

Sheesh -- the rhetorical ruses some people use to promote their agenda.............

Al Qaeda has never shown any problem in it's indiscriminate killing. There is absolutely no reason to believe any attempt would be made to avoid Arab deaths. They are known for their wanton desire to kill civilians irrespective of who those civilians are. If at any point they believe these civilians are all right in their eyes, and very few would be, they would simply be martyrs.

As far as I am aware not even the Muslim Brotherhood likes Al Qaeda.

Well actually al-Qaeda would never target Israeli Arabs.

So what are they going to do, sit on top of a building and snipe Jews? Because anything bigger would surely hurt both.

I am still continually amused about how attacking Israel is always construed to be attacking Jews automatically.

So what are they going to do, sit on top of a building and snipe Jews? Because anything bigger would surely hurt both.

I am still continually amused about how attacking Israel is always construed to be attacking Jews automatically.

I don't think he's buying what you are trying to sell here.

I know, I can sure see through the b.s.

Well actually al-Qaeda would never target Israeli Arabs.

Really? Not even the heretical Christian and Druze ones?

On a side note:

The seven said that they founded a group called Aljahabiyya and claim to follow Salafism, an extremist Sunni Islamic movement. Aljahabiyya was formed two years ago, and inspired by and affiliated with al-Qaida and Global Jihad. The group underwent a process of radicalization, using material found on the Internet, including pictures of weaponry and instructions to prepare explosives and perpetrate terrorist attacks. The seven downloaded al-Qaida propaganda movies and speeches by Osama Bin Laden.

The group allegedly carried out attacks to avenge the murder of Arabs by Jews in Israel, and confessed to plotting to kidnap IDF soldiers and taking their weapons.

Ahmed, Janam and Zidanna were involved involved in the murder of taxi driver Yafim Weinstein, who was killed on November 30, 2009, as well as other attacks. In their interrogation, the three confessed to ordering Weinstein to a kibbutz near Nazareth, where one shot the taxi driver, and others assisted in destroying evidence. They reenacted the murder and led investigators to the place they hid the murder weapon used to kill Weinstein.

Don't they seem unusually cooperative for being alleged terrorists?

How about murdering a Jewish cab driver?
You speak as if there was never a terrorist attack in Israel that caused only Jewish casualties.
If you want to target only Jews, it can be done easily -
Mercaz HaRav massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover_massacre

Last edited:
Don't they seem unusually cooperative for being alleged terrorists?

Are you suggesting they aren't?
Their lawyers said the same, but then they came into court and cried praises of Osama Bin Laden.

Are you suggesting they aren't?
Their lawyers said the same, but then they came into court and cried praises of Osama Bin Laden.

They certainly sound very petty for people going on an Al Qaeda exercise, killing a taxi driver. Wow, the whole world will be standing up. They simply sound like disgruntled people who have been influenced by what they saw on the net

The group underwent a process of radicalization, using material found on the Internet, including pictures of weaponry and instructions to prepare explosives and perpetrate terrorist attacks. The seven downloaded al-Qaida propaganda movies and speeches by Osama Bin Laden.

"They accessed the Internet for jihadi ideology and indoctrination, and used it as an information source to listen to extremist clerics," Elgrisi said.

and off they went to Somalia of all places to try and join a training camp, one of which they were refused admission to.

All the Al Qaeda material can influence disaffected Muslims until they find out what they are really like, but the killing of a taxi driver even if done by murderers who then claim to be fighting for Al AQaeda or Bin Laden or whatever, is simply a murder by a group of people.

Last edited:
If Israel believes her citizens would start following such insane people as Al Qaeda, she needs to look at what could possibly have led some sections to become so disaffected.

Possibly something like this.

Israel is working to expel four Palestinian residents of Jerusalem affiliated with Hamas from the city of their birth.

There are those who see this expulsion as demonstrating a proud national stance, but it is already turning out to be a political boomerang. Abu Tir is under arrest, because he did not leave Jerusalem on June 19. His colleagues - Khaled Abu Arafa, formerly the Jerusalem affairs minister in Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh's government, and Ahmed Atun and Mohammed Totah, both members of the Palestinian Legislative Council on behalf of an Islamic list identified with Hamas - have moved into the Red Cross office in East Jerusalem.

Since the end of 1995, the Interior Ministry - headed first by Haim Ramon (Labor ) and subsequently by Eliyahu Suissa (Shas ) - has pursued a policy of mass revocation of residency (with a brief hiatus under Natan Sharansky of Yisrael B'Aliyah, and even that only after an intense public struggle ). The record was set in 2008, when 4,577 men and women were stripped of their right to reside in their own city by the Interior Ministry, then headed by Meir Sheetrit (Kadima ).

Nevertheless, by revoking the residency of these three parliamentarians and one former cabinet minister, Israel has set a record of a new sort: Until now, Jerusalem residency had been revoked exclusively on the basis of administrative pretexts, such as prolonged stays outside the city.

These wicked pretexts derive from the liberty Israel has taken of applying the Entry to Israel Law - used primarily to grant residency permits to non-Jewish immigrants - to residents of occupied and annexed East Jerusalem. But the inhabitants of East Jerusalem did not decide to "come" to Israel; it is Israel that "came" to them.

The current case, however, is the first time Israel has denied Jerusalem residency on political grounds.

Disloyalty on the part of the occupied - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

I would be angry too

Last edited:
They certainly sound very petty for people going on an Al Qaeda exercise, killing a taxi driver. Wow, the whole world will be standing up. They simply sound like disgruntled people who have been influenced by what they saw on the net

and off they went to Somalia of all places to try and join a training camp, one of which they were refused admission to.

All the Al Qaeda material can influence disaffected Muslims until they find out what they are really like, but the killing of a taxi driver even if done by murderers who then claim to be fighting for Al AQaeda or Bin Laden or whatever, is simply a murder by a group of people.

And this group of people are inspired by Al Qaida.

If Israel believes her citizens would start following such insane people as Al Qaeda, she needs to look at what could possibly have led some sections to become so disaffected.

Possibly something like this.

Disloyalty on the part of the occupied - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

I would be angry too

This has nothing to do with those al-Qaeda inspired terrorist folk, and if you're trying to justify their actions based on the denial of entry to 4 other terrorists from the Hamas organization, then I simply find it sickening.

Over one thousand Israelis have been murdered during the second intifada in the early 2000's.
How many of those do you think were Arab?
And I'm not amused at all at how certain folks with certain agendas find it funny that terrorists are actually targeting Jews.
The Mumbai terrorists have gone so far as to specifically target a house of Chabad, a Jewish orthodox organization.
Do you think they've targeted it because some of the people who stay in it are occasionally Israeli? No, it's because they're Jewish.
Yes, the ugly truth, that which seems to be so intolerable to the minds of some that they simply automatically deny it, is that Islamic terrorists tend to target Jews.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom