• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al-Qaida Chief's Message Led to Embassy Closures.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Seems we picked up the message from al Zawahiri to his #2 in Yemen. They are not saying which Intelligence agency caught it. We will now keep like 19 Embassies closed until next Saturday.

An intercepted secret message between al-Qaida chief Ayman al-Zawahri and his deputy in Yemen about plans for a major terror attack was the trigger that set off the current shutdown of many U.S. embassies, two officials told The Associated Press on Monday.

A U.S. intelligence official and a Mideast diplomat said al-Zawahri's message was picked up several weeks ago and appeared to initially target Yemeni interests. The threat was expanded to include American or other Western sites abroad, officials said, indicating the target could be a single embassy, a number of posts or some other site. Lawmakers have said it was a massive plot in the final stages, but they have offered no specifics.

d97293c733ce9c1a390f6a7067007816.jpg

(A Yemeni soldier stops a car at a checkpoint in a street leading to the U.S. embassy in Sanaa, Yemen, Sunday, Aug. 4, 2013. Security forces close access roads, put up extra blast walls and beef up patrols near some of the 21 U.S. diplomatic missions in the Muslim world that Washington ordered closed for the weekend over a ``significant threat'' of an al-Qaida attack.)

The intelligence official said the message was sent to Nasser al-Wahishi, the head of the terror network's organization, based in Yemen, known as al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula.

Authorities in Yemen, meanwhile, released the names of 25 wanted al-Qaida suspects and said those people had been planning terrorist attacks targeting "foreign offices and organizations and Yemeni installations" in the capital Sanaa and other cities across the country.

The British and German embassies in Yemen also were closed. Norway's Foreign Ministry, too, restricted public access to 15 of its embassies in the Middle East and Africa, including its post in Saudi Arabia.

"There isn't much known about the where, so they are trying to gauge their reaction as widely as possible," Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said Monday. "The locus of the highest concern is in the area of the (Arabian) Peninsula and emanates from there," said Schiff, who is a member of the House intelligence committee. "Given al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula's past focus on airlines," Schiff said Americans should be vigilant about airline travel and mass transportation.....snip~

Al-Qaida chief's message led to embassy closures
Associated Press – 1 hr 10 mins ago<<<<< More here way more.

e3e883b33535a31a390f6a7067008247.jpg

We are urging American Citizens to leave Yemen. This comes after yesterdays attack on 4 AQ members. One they believe to be a senior member. While we have heard how Team Obama has been taking it to AQ in Yemen. The real truth is they have been making it difficult for us and have grown stronger while taking it to the Government of Yemen.

State Dept. urges US citizens to leave Yemen.....

The State Department on Tuesday ordered non-essential personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Yemen to leave the country following the threat by al-Qaida that has triggered temporary shutdowns of 19 American diplomatic posts across the Middle East and Africa.

The department said in a travel warning that it had ordered the evacuation of non-emergency U.S. government personnel from Yemen "due to the continued potential for terrorist attacks" and said U.S. citizens in Yemen should leave immediately because of an "extremely high" security threat level.

"As staff levels at the Embassy are restricted, our ability to assist U.S. citizens in an emergency and provide routine consular services remains limited and may be further constrained by the fluid security situation," the travel warning said. The U.S. Embassy is located in Sanaa, the capital of Yemen.

Britain's Foreign Office also announced that it had evacuated all staff from its embassy in Yemen due to security concerns. The office said the British embassy staff were "temporarily withdrawn to the U.K." on Tuesday, but declined further comment. Previously, the U.K. had said the embassy would be closed until the end of the Muslim festival of Eid later this week.

The U.S. has pummeled terrorist leaders in Yemen with targeted drone strikes. On Tuesday, Yemeni security officials said a suspected U.S. drone killed four alleged al-Qaida members in a volatile eastern province of the country. The drone fired a missile at a car carrying the four men, setting it on fire and killing all of them, the officials said.

The Yemeni officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they are not allowed to talk to the media, said they believe one of the dead is Saleh Jouti, a senior al-Qaida member. It's the fourth drone attack in the past two weeks to hit a car believed to be carrying al-Qaida members.....snip~

State Dept. urges US citizens to leave Yemen
Associated Press – 25 mins ago <<<<< More here.

"OH" you are just going to luv this one by the Media. Militants have shot down a Helicopter in Yemen. Got that Militants. What is the Associated press scared to say that AQ has shot down a Helicopter in Yemen?

wtf20.gif
We just killed 4 AQ members and think we got a Senior a member. Did they not think that AQAP would not strike back? That they would not retaliate? Doesn't say who's Army helicopter was shot down.

Militants shoot down helicopter in Yemen; 8 killed.....

44c6a2e05334b61a390f6a70670086bb.jpg

Yemeni officials say that militants have shot down an army helicopter, killing all eight people on board including a military commander.

The officials say the helicopter was downed by a missile over the al-Qaida stronghold of Wadi Ubida in central Yemen. The helicopter was flying from the capital Sanaa to the province of Marib, officials said. The passengers were part of a military force guarding oil installations in the province.....snip~

Militants shoot down helicopter in Yemen; 8 killed
Associated Press – 53 mins ago <<<<< Not much here.

"OH" you are just going to luv this one by the Media. Militants have shot down a Helicopter in Yemen. Got that Militants. What is the Associated press scared to say that AQ has shot down a Helicopter in Yemen?

Did they use a shoulder launched missile that came from Benghazi ?

Heya Apache :2wave: .....It didn't say.....cuz as usual they didn't have permission to speak. But how do you like that part about Militants shot down the helicopter. Right after we took out another car load of them.

This happens the very next day.

I feel for any American who's in Yemen and he or she has lost their passport. What do you do if the American Embassy is closed ?

Me? Looks left......looks Right.....Looks Behind himself. I go with a page out of Sun Tzus Play Book.

"Oh" you meant the norm.....uhm, run for cover and stay on Embassy grounds. Prepare to defend oneself.

They are still a force to be reckoned with. No embassies were closed when Osama Bin Laden was alive.

This makes absolutely no sense. Do they think Al Qaeda will not just postpone for a few weeks? I don't understand the strategy involved here.

They are still a force to be reckoned with. No embassies were closed when Osama Bin Laden was alive.

Heya RDS :2wave: Well truthfully we shouldn't be sending any messages that we are weak to them. Closing all these Embassies down and putting out the global travel ban. Has given AQ what they want. Control.....now they have control of the situation.

They have affected Our Business Operations. Have our people fearing. This was a major mistake by Team Obama.

Should have heard Obama on the Jay Leno Show. Even in when not pressed about things. The guy still stutters. One thing is for certain. Obama doesn't sound like a leader at all.

This makes absolutely no sense. Do they think Al Qaeda will not just postpone for a few weeks? I don't understand the strategy involved here.

Heya SB.....truthfully it doesn't make sense. Plus now yesterday we hit two more car loads of them after they took down a helicopter. Yemen has their entire Army out and Covering all Government installations. Plus we are telling our people to get out of Yemen ASAP now.

This does not sound like we have control of the situation at all.

Plus here is the other thing. AQ knows that we monitor all Electronic communications. ALL of them, and AQ knows it. Which they sent the word. Now we have closed up shop and with time lines. But what really has changed? AQAP has been taking it to us and the Yemenis all along.

Benghazi has become such an embarrassment for this Administration.....so much so, that Now they have Over-reacted with these people.

What Our people should be doing is making it loud and clear. AQ comes round.....were leaving them in Bodybags. Meaning Civilians will need to do what they have to do.
Sure would like to see AQ listening to Broadcast of American on the Radio. Speaking their minds and letting AQ know.

Don't make us all of us get in the game and decide to hunt each and every last one of you down. AQ, the MB, and others like these.

I'm guessing there has seldom been a better example of government attempting to justify its crimes and procedures than this business about the embassies.

It is attempting to justify the existence of the various programs that Snowden revealed by engaging in this theatrical fear-mongering, and one need not be a rocket scientist to see it.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry....

I'm guessing there has seldom been a better example of government attempting to justify its crimes and procedures than this business about the embassies.

It is attempting to justify the existence of the various programs that Snowden revealed by engaging in this theatrical fear-mongering, and one need not be a rocket scientist to see it.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry....

Heya HD. :2wave: What I don't like is AQ gets off some smack talk. While we the American people really can't say much to them. I think its high time these people start hearing how we think of them and what we will do to them should they really piss us off.

I would like AQ to know that even Americans not associated with Services will stick up for our people and we will introduce AQ to some **** they have never seen before.

They have no Idea how evil Man really is other than what they have been told by their Clerics and the MB.....bout time they started finding out First hand and up close and personal like.

Heya SB.....truthfully it doesn't make sense. Plus now yesterday we hit two more car loads of them after they took down a helicopter. Yemen has their entire Army out and Covering all Government installations. Plus we are telling our people to get out of Yemen ASAP now.

This does not sound like we have control of the situation at all.

Plus here is the other thing. AQ knows that we monitor all Electronic communications. ALL of them, and AQ knows it. Which they sent the word. Now we have closed up shop and with time lines. But what really has changed? AQAP has been taking it to us and the Yemenis all along.

Benghazi has become such an embarrassment for this Administration.....so much so, that Now they have Over-reacted with these people.

What Our people should be doing is making it loud and clear. AQ comes round.....were leaving them in Bodybags. Meaning Civilians will need to do what they have to do.
Sure would like to see AQ listening to Broadcast of American on the Radio. Speaking their minds and letting AQ know.

Don't make us all of us get in the game and decide to hunt each and every last one of you down. AQ, the MB, and others like these.

I agree with the poster who says this is just drama to justify the attempts to capture Snowden and punish him for revealing the intrusions of our own government.

I'm more afraid of Obama than I am of Al Qaeda.

I agree with the poster who says this is just drama to justify the attempts to capture Snowden and punish him for revealing the intrusions of our own government.

I'm more afraid of Obama than I am of Al Qaeda.

Well I think it goes beyond that.....some more of that Chatter. It is alleged that AQ is trying to put an explosive inside an alive human being or have clothing that turns into a bomb, and then having that individual get thru security measures to do the damage upon us.

French Interpol was looking for Surgeons that were released in the prison breaks, as well as others.

Another thing I get tired of from the media is their source who can't be named because they did not have the authority to speak publicly on the matter. I say screw that.....you are here telling people. Your Name gets attached. No if's and buts about it. Specially when they work for the government or any government.

Well I think it goes beyond that.....some more of that Chatter. It is alleged that AQ is trying to put an explosive inside an alive human being or have clothing that turns into a bomb, and then having that individual get thru security measures to do the damage upon us.

French Interpol was looking for Surgeons that were released in the prison breaks, as well as others.

Another thing I get tired of from the media is their source who can't be named because they did not have the authority to speak publicly on the matter. I say screw that.....you are here telling people. Your Name gets attached. No if's and buts about it. Specially when they work for the government or any government.

I have an unnamed source who tells me that the Area 51 aliens have demanded the surrender of Earth or their spaceships will attack us using fusion bombs and laser cannons.

I have an unnamed source who tells me that the Area 51 aliens have demanded the surrender of Earth or their spaceships will attack us using fusion bombs and laser cannons.

:lol: Well.....it looks like we will be alright then. As I had one that came back from the Future too. It was Scotty's Great great great grandson. He has sacrificed blood to beam me up and of course and one Woman from every Country of my Choosing. :lamo
spacecraft.gif

Heya HD. :2wave: What I don't like is AQ gets off some smack talk. While we the American people really can't say much to them. I think its high time these people start hearing how we think of them and what we will do to them should they really piss us off.

I would like AQ to know that even Americans not associated with Services will stick up for our people and we will introduce AQ to some **** they have never seen before.

They have no Idea how evil Man really is other than what they have been told by their Clerics and the MB.....bout time they started finding out First hand and up close and personal like.

I understand what you're saying.

I'm of the opinion that AQ is a creature of our own CIA, similar to what happened in the Tom Hanks movie Charlie Wilson's War.

That is, they work for us from time to time, as spooks do. I don't believe half of what comes across the mainstream media, especially all that hogwash about the Global War On Terror.

I understand what you're saying.

I'm of the opinion that AQ is a creature of our own CIA, similar to what happened in the Tom Hanks movie Charlie Wilson's War.

That is, they work for us from time to time, as spooks do. I don't believe half of what comes across the mainstream media, especially all that hogwash about the Global War On Terror.

Of that.....there is no doubt, anymore. Most either don't know it or don't want to know it. ;)

What makes you think there are shoulder launched anti aircraft missiles in Benghazi?

What makes you think that if there are they're a threat?

What makes you think there are shoulder launched anti aircraft missiles in Benghazi?

Heya Soot. :2wave: Why did we confiscate all of them? Well the reason would be they could be used to shoot down a passenger airliner. ;)

Gaddafi had thousands of shoulder fired anti aircraft missiles and Obama is back in the gun running business again.

Gaddafi had thousands of shoulder fired anti aircraft missiles and Obama is back in the gun running business again.

I don't disagree.

The weapons are there and they present a very real threat.

You know it, I know it, anyone who is paying attention knows it.

But in another thread (the one about Valeri Jarret making decisions in relation to the Benghazi Embassy attack) you take a very different tack.

In that thread you said:

APACHERAT said:
So it's very likely that Valeri Jarret has the blood of four Americans on her hands so Obama could be given a second chance as Commander and Chief.

I mean, you know the weapons are there, and you know they're a threat, but instead of giving the administration the benfit of the doubt in their decission to not put further American lives at risk by sending aircraft into a threat-heavy environment where insurgents/rebels/whathave you are already actively engaged in attacking Americans (and would gladly attack more - those in planes - with shoulder-fired AAMs) you spin it as though the Obama administration is making all decissions simply to give the president the best chance of being reelected.

If you were an honest person (which you clearly are not), if you were a man of character (which you clearly are not), if you were a man who valued his credibility (which you clearly do not) you'd be defending the Obama administration for not sending aircraft into Benghazi since doing so, given the grave threat posed by rebel MANPAD weapons, would likely put more American lives at risk in a part of the world we really shouldn't be involved in, in the first place, for what we know in retrospect would have been very little gain.

You're more interested in where you can score a few cheap political points than you are in seeing American servicemen and women come home to their families and their children.

I find that pretty disgusting, especially since I have more than a few friends who are still serving.

****, I bet you even wish President Obama had sent planes over Benghazi and that you secretely wish they had been shot down just so you could try to score a few points off of that too.

Shameless.

Back
Top Bottom