• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al Qaeda seeking nuclear kit for attacks: UK official

Trajan Octavian Titus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Al Qaeda seeking nuclear kit for attacks: UK official

By Sophie Walker Mon Nov 13, 2:38 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Al Qaeda is trying to acquire the technology that would enable it to use a nuclear device to attack Western targets including Britain, a senior British official said on Monday.

"We know the aspiration is there. We know attempts to gather materials are there, we know that attempts to gather technology are there," the senior Foreign Office official told reporters.

The comments at a briefing came days after the head of Britain's domestic spy agency said Muslim extremists were plotting at least 30 major terrorist attacks in Britain which could involve chemical and nuclear devices.

The Foreign Office official, asked whether there was any doubt that Al Qaeda wants to gather nuclear material for use against Western targets, said: "No doubt at all."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061113/ts_nm/security_britain_dc_1

Nothing to see here folks it's just more Bush fear mongering to win the election, oh wait the elections over and this story is from Britian. Hmm, well I'm sure the Dems are all over it, oh that's right John Kerry thinks terrorism is overblown, future speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi doesn't believe we're at war, future Senate Majority leader Harry Reid wants to kill the Patriot Act, they all want an AQ bill of rights, they all want to end the surveillance program, they all want to cut and run from the enemy especially the future Chairman of the Senate Armed Service Committee Carl Levin, and alot of them want to cut funding for our boys in Iraq especially future Chairman of the House ways and means committee Charles Rangel.

We are so fuc/ked! :doh

This is precisely why we should leave Iraq and not bother the AQ members there.

We are only angering them. If we stop now, they will simply decide to no longer threaten us and will get along peacefully with the rest of the world.

:roll:

If we stop now, they will simply decide to no longer threaten us and will get along peacefully with the rest of the world.

They don't "threaten" me.
Last I heard, we're the ones who launched a preemptive attack on them.

1069 said:
Last I heard, we're the ones who launched a preemptive attack on them.

LMAO.

now we pre emptively attacked AQ. you guys on the left just keep getting more and more funny by the minute.

and in case you didnt hear, AQ is responsible for 9-11

ProudAmerican said:
LMAO.

now we pre emptively attacked AQ. you guys on the left just keep getting more and more funny by the minute.

and in case you didnt hear, AQ is responsible for 9-11

And so we went to the Middle East and killed approximately ten thousand times the number of innocent civilians as died in the 9/11 attacks.
Guess we're even now.

1069 said:
And so we went to the Middle East and killed approximately ten thousand times the number of innocent civilians as died in the 9/11 attacks.
Guess we're even now.

nope. please provide a link. and provide the entire quote. even the part that says 70% of those have been killed by the very terrorists you think we should leave the country to.

nope. please provide a link. and provide the entire quote. even the part that says 70% of those have been killed by the very terrorists you think we should leave the country to.

I have no idea what you're referring to.
The "quote" is mine, and that's it, in its entirety; I'm not sure how to post a link to my own brain.
My apologies for being unable to comply with your requests.

1069 said:
The "quote" is mine, and that's it, in its entirety; I'm not sure how to post a link to my own brain.

and untill you provide a link with some proof, its complete BULL SHAT.

thanks for playing.

1069 said:

Yes we know the "we killed 10 thousand times more people than died on 9-11," quote is from your own mind atleast you admit it.

Hmm, this could get interesting.

I wonder if we will withdraw some or all of our troops from Iraq?

Would that help prevent a nuclear weapon from being used somewhere?

1069 said:

Ignorance is bliss. Reminds of that movie where most of the people are afraid of the alien spaceships in the sky but a whole group of loonies stands on the top of a tall building with welcome signs 'cause they're sure the aliens are shiny happy people just like them.

talloulou said:
Ignorance is bliss. Reminds of that movie where most of the people are afraid of the alien spaceships in the sky but a whole group of loonies stands on the top of a tall building with welcome signs 'cause they're sure the aliens are shiny happy people just like them.

That was a great movie.

And then get blasted by a giant beam-type weapon that vaporises not only them but much of the surrounding city.

talloulou said:

Actually it reminds me more of mars attacks.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Nothing to see here folks it's just more Bush fear mongering to win the election, oh wait the elections over and this story is from Britian. Hmm, well I'm sure the Dems are all over it, oh that's right John Kerry thinks terrorism is overblown, future speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi doesn't believe we're at war, future Senate Majority leader Harry Reid wants to kill the Patriot Act, they all want an AQ bill of rights, they all want to end the surveillance program, they all want to cut and run from the enemy especially the future Chairman of the Senate Armed Service Committee Carl Levin, and alot of them want to cut funding for our boys in Iraq especially future Chairman of the House ways and means committee Charles Rangel.

That's a long sentence.

Anyway, this is not really a shocker. They would be stupid not to try and get nukes.

So al-Qaeda seeks nuclear kits for attacks. :shock:

WOW!

What a shocker, are you sure?

My God, quick, hide the women and children, let's start building those nuke-proof underground shelters like back in the 50's (damn commies)!

Damn, now I have to start checking under my bed for al-Qaeda terrorists!

al-Qaeda is coming, al-Qaeda is coming!

LOL... and I love it! :cool:

talloulou said:

Independence Day.

So al-Qaeda seeks nuclear kits for attacks.

WOW!

My God, quick, hide the women and children, let's start building those nuke-proof underground shelters like back in the 50's (damn commies)!

LOL... and I love it!

Never fear; just follow these simple safety precautions.

Doesn't matter, didn't you realize you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning or getting killed in an earthquake than a terrorist attack?

Well, that's what Michael Moore told me, so I guess we shouldn't worry about AQ. :roll:

SixStringHero said:
Independence Day.

The wing-nuts and their suppossed hysteria remind me of the movie...

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

It's a plot! :cool:

SixStringHero said:
LMAO

It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious.

By "someone", do you mean someone white and American-born?
Because plenty of people have gotten hurt.

KidRocks said:
So al-Qaeda seeks nuclear kits for attacks. :shock:

WOW!

LOL... and I love it! :cool:

Yes we know AQ attempting to aquire nuclear weapons isn't a big deal and the threat is overblown. It's people like you through their complicity that directly led to 9-11.

Back
Top Bottom