• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al-Qaeda-linked terror plot targeting Europe foiled

ric27

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Al-Qaeda-linked terror plot targeting Europe foiled: report - Yahoo! News

Militants based in Pakistan planned simultaneous strikes in London and major cities in France and Germany, Britain's Sky News television reported Tuesday, adding the plan was advanced but the attacks were not imminent.
Spy agencies had for some time been tracking the militants who were planning the attack, according to Sky.

Terrorist cells are already active in Europe. Its just a matter of when not if...

It is not my fear of seeing your daughters or sons heads wrapped in burkas, its my fear of seeing them wrapped in body bags.

So, let me get this straight: If the news is to be believed, governments are now paying enough attention to thwart conspiracy after conspiracy, and your response is to wring your hands? Seriously?

What the hell is the world supposed to do, dig up Joe McCarthy?

Not saying that the reports are not true, but considering that all 3 countries in question have conservative governments that are in political trouble, then it smells a bit. Not that it made much of a splash over here, since we are use to such things. See US.. we dont overreact unlike you..

Vigilance is always key, especially as there are no few people over here who welcome the kind of atrocities past and to come.

One in four Muslims sympathises with motives of terrorists - Telegraph

1 in 11 British Muslims backs suicide bombers says Brown aide; Militant: Terror message. - Free Online Library

If this was anyone else the liberal-left would be in uproar.* Ironic when this is the continent's biggest violent threat since their favourite bogeyman Adolf Hitler!

* Well, apart from the likes of the IRA or Baader-Meinhof, et al! Plenty to be understood in those freedom fighters, eh?!

Last edited:
Al-Qaeda-linked terror plot targeting Europe foiled: report - Yahoo! News

Terrorist cells are already active in Europe. Its just a matter of when not if...

It is not my fear of seeing your daughters or sons heads wrapped in burkas, its my fear of seeing them wrapped in body bags.

So instead of congratulating Europe for a job well done at preventing terrorist attacks, you go the ZOMG YOU ALL GONNA END UP IN TEH MORGUE MAYBE NOT TODAY BUT 2MORRO FO SHO!!! route?

Gimme a break. :lol: :lol: We've been dealing with terror attacks longer than you've been drawing breath. Go try your fear mongering elsewhere.

Gimme a break.

Be fair, we have had a lot of Islamic upset so far in Europe. Athens, Paris, Bradford... we all know the arm-long list by now.

Often it's not even necessary to have further bombs go off. The public and the politicians still understand that there are people out there trying to kill them and will thus acquiesce in many areas in order to prevent further terrorism. The point is to get people nervous, to sacrifice their freedoms a little bit at a time in order to avoid any more death and destruction.

The 'moderates' will now step in to explain what must be done in order to avoid any further terrorism or terrorist attempts.

Not saying that the reports are not true, but considering that all 3 countries in question have conservative governments that are in political trouble, then it smells a bit. Not that it made much of a splash over here, since we are use to such things. See US.. we dont overreact unlike you..

Given as how it was the Americans who did the difficult part in breaking up this plot you might want to thank them for 'overreacting'.""

"The Wall Street Journal meanwhile reported Tuesday that the CIA had stepped up drone attacks against militants in Pakistan's tribal areas to try to foil a suspected terror plot against European targets".

If this was anyone else the liberal-left would be in uproar.* Ironic when this is the continent's biggest violent threat since their favourite bogeyman Adolf Hitler!

It isn't the liberal left that is the problem, but the fact that so much of the left has abandoned liberalism in favor of an illiberal brand of lock-step political fundamentalism built around multiculturalism and identity politics.

Given as how it was the Americans who did the difficult part in breaking up this plot you might want to thank them for 'overreacting'.""

"The Wall Street Journal meanwhile reported Tuesday that the CIA had stepped up drone attacks against militants in Pakistan's tribal areas to try to foil a suspected terror plot against European targets".

Yea the WSJ, the beckon of truthful journalism. Funny how throwing a few rockets over a border (against international law btw) is some how game changing against terror plots by people in Europe against Europe.. One would think that arresting the people in Europe was more important than killing off a few farmers in Pakistan.. but /Shrug thats Rupert Murdoch for you!

Yea the WSJ, the beckon of truthful journalism. Funny how throwing a few rockets over a border (against international law btw) is some how game changing against terror plots by people in Europe against Europe.. One would think that arresting the people in Europe was more important than killing off a few farmers in Pakistan.. but /Shrug thats Rupert Murdoch for you!

So you don't believe the WSJ story? Throwing a few rockets? Is that what they're telling you on the BBC?
Please supply some support for this claim.

But Hey Man, if you want the Americans to follow 'international law' and let Europeans be blown to bits why not suggest that to your local MP? Or write a letter to the Guardian? Or submit a post to the BBC's ""Have Your Say"?

But it''s the Americans having too save your sorry asses yet again that really sucks, isn't it?

I've got a strange sense of deja-vu here......

Fidel Castro Claims Osama Bin Laden Is A US Agent Needed To Scare The World | World News | Sky News

I thought I saw some downplaying and twisting of this very real, global and permeating threat somewhere before!

...so much of the left has abandoned liberalism...

I would love to see a real, genuinely liberal political flavour return to mainstream politics. You know, the kind Churchill was proud to put his name to.

Though it can also be said that too many people who were once more genuinely liberal have become more 'fascist' themselves, or vote for others who are, so it's not quite the truth to paint such a complete distinction.

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight.

We play with a few joysticks (fun) and have a sit-down with foreign intelligence agencies (smart), and we saved Europe. Again.

You hear that, Europe? WE SAVED YOU AGAIN! STFU!

Never mind the things we screwed up in the world, we don't count those. :lol:

I'm just saying that I'm sick and tired of hearing about how we "saved" Europe "again" when America's cheerleaders don't want to hear about the mistakes we've made as a nation.

Hell, if you throw in all the atrocities we've simply not done anything about, sharing a little intel and firing a few missiles seems like a pittance.

Doesn't it?

Waaaah. The Euro meanies never say thank you. Waaaaahhhh!

Jesus Christ, what a freaking small view of the world some people have.

Nobody asked the Europeans to say thank you.

In fact no would seriously expect a thank you from Europeans. The idea of Europeans saying thank you, or even please, is really quite funny.

Nobody asked the Europeans to say thank you.

In fact no would seriously expect a thank you from Europeans. The idea of Europeans saying thank you, or even please, is really quite funny.

That's hilarious, considering the American government's tendencies towards rudeness, disrespect, and genocide. :lol:

I'm just saying that I'm sick and tired of hearing about how we "saved" Europe "again" when America's cheerleaders don't want to hear about the mistakes we've made as a nation.

Hell, if you throw in all the atrocities we've simply not done anything about, sharing a little intel and firing a few missiles seems like a pittance.

Doesn't it?

In fact Leftists everywhere are only too quick to point out the mistakes the United States has made as a nation, and in fact some they didn't even make.

I know of no other country in the world that bears this sort of scrutiny, or is made to apologize for every sin of the past, real or imagined.

France, Germany, Brazil. China, Syria, Saudi Arabia, none have to go through this series of mea culpas like the United States.

It is a seriously sick obsession, and one that allows more serious crimes of humanity to be overlooked or go unmentioned.

That's hilarious, considering the American government's tendencies towards rudeness, disrespect, and genocide. :lol:

I can see why you put a:lol: at the end of that line, TacticalEvilDan.

Why not get serious?

In fact Leftists everywhere are only too quick to point out the mistakes the United States has made as a nation, and in fact some they didn't even make.

I know of no other country in the world that bears this sort of scrutiny, or is made to apologize for every sin of the past, real or imagined.

France, Germany, Brazil. China, Syria, Saudi Arabia, none have to go through this series of mea culpas like the United States.

Well, that's a flat-out lie, but since you obviously aren't interested in the truth, I won't bother enlightening you.

It is a seriously sick obsession, and one that allows more serious crimes of humanity to be overlooked or go unmentioned.

As I said in another thread, don't worry about it. Everyone loves to hate on the top guy running the show. The way things are going, it won't be long before everyone forgets about the US and starts hating on the new top guy. :lol:

As I said in another thread, don't worry about it. Everyone loves to hate on the top guy running the show. The way things are going, it won't be long before everyone forgets about the US and starts hating on the new top guy. :lol:

I wonder how the Chinese will handle it... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom