• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize

No but I will send you a picture of the new sod I will put down, those organizations have no more authority in the matter than I do.

It's better than nothing. So why is that so bad?

With all of the hot air that you're producing from all of your whining, I wonder if you're just making global warming even worse.

It's better than nothing.

Why if it accomplishes nothing?
So why is that so bad?

If you like it then send me your money and I will send you a nice looking certificate and you can feel better.

With all of the hot air that you're producing from all of your whining, I wonder if you're just making global warming even worse.

Oh that makes your case.

No, my point was that Gore lied about many of the main points he made in his so-called movie. It should have been labeled a docudrama.
It is hilarious to read the posts from our whacked out righties in this Forum going absolutely crazy over Gore!

First his movie makes a fortune for environmentalists (whom they hate) then it wins an Oscar then the Nobel Peace Prize! :2wave:

This is a prelude to how they're all going to behave next year when the Democrats win back the White House and increase their numbers in Congress.

Newsflash for the righties out there:

Your political dreams are all nightmares now and in each dream a Democrat wins!

Did you see the poll showing how Mark Warner (ex-Gov) of Virginia can cake walk into the Senate to replace his namesake? :shock:

This is hot off the press, just in no link available yet so mods, please bear with.

here's my issue with this. As much as it is my belief that Gore deserves to be accredited for his efforts in bringing Global warming centerstage but, what the frack does Al have anything at all whatsoever to do with Peace???

Each year this prize just gets nuttier and nuttier - frack of all people Arafat got this prize as did the Dali lama? Peaceful? hey must have missed the part where Arafat endorsed terrorism against Israel and the Dali Lama was getting CIA funds to stage a forceful coup in Tibet to re-instate his power.

They might as well just change this prize to the Nobel favorite political figures prize.:roll:

Why does the Nobel committee want the terrorists to win? Why do they hate America? :mrgreen:

It is hilarious to read the posts from our whacked out righties in this Forum going absolutely crazy over Gore!

First his movie makes a fortune for environmentalists (whom they hate) then it wins an Oscar then the Nobel Peace Prize! :2wave:

This is a prelude to how they're all going to behave next year when the Democrats win back the White House and increase their numbers in Congress.

Newsflash for the righties out there:

Your political dreams are all nightmares now and in each dream a Democrat wins!

Did you see the poll showing how Mark Warner (ex-Gov) of Virginia can cake walk into the Senate to replace his namesake? :shock:

Yhis thread is about Al Nutso Gore........If you want to start a thread about Bush and Cheney go for it but don't hijack this one like you always do........thanks.........

What a joke the Nobel Prize has become..........When Carter and Gore get it you can see how political it has become.....

What an absurd partisan post. Duh.....the Nobel Peace Prize pretty much always goes to leaders of a country and those heavily involved in politics....hence "Peace Prize".....get it now?

What an absurd partisan post. Duh.....the Nobel Peace Prize pretty much always goes to leaders of a country and those heavily involved in politics....hence "Peace Prize".....get it now?

What has Gore and his buddy Arafat done to promote peace?:confused:

What has Gore and his buddy Arafat done to promote peace?:confused:

If you are too blind to see....I can't help you. But then again, you are such a Bush Apologist that you actually believe that "the decider" should be given a peace prize for being the warmonger that he is.

BTW - This thread is about Gore's accomplishment of winning the Nobel Peace Prize it isnt about Arafat .... stop being a hypocrite and heed your own advice.

Navy Pride said:
If you want to start a thread about ________________ (insert the name of anyone this thread is not about e.g. Arafat...)go for it but don't hijack this one like you always do........thanks.........

No but I will send you a picture of the new sod I will put down, those organizations have no more authority in the matter than I do.

Actually they do because they are verified by third party authorities.

Why if it accomplishes nothing?

So you say. Does that make it fact? And "knowing you" for the past few years on this board, I'd give you 1000-1 odds that you're on the mark.

As far as I know, planting a tree only helps. I have heard of no argument that trees are bad for the planet. Have you?

If you like it then send me your money and I will send you a nice looking certificate and you can feel better.

No thanks. I'd want someone to plant a tree, too. Meanwhile, I will do everything I can not to waste.

Oh that makes your case.

ah... now you're coming around, Stinger. Welcome to the good side! ;-)

Party line loyalty turns otherwise reasonable people into ****ing extremist whackjobs. :confused:

Actually they do because they are verified by third party authorities.

The third parties have no more authority in the matter. I'll actually do something and even send you a certificate. Make it out to Eastern Shore Environmental Services a company I still own.

As far as I know, planting a tree only helps. I have heard of no argument that trees are bad for the planet. Have you?

Not at all. What I have heard is that the trees would be planted anyway.

No thanks. I'd want someone to plant a tree, too. Meanwhile, I will do everything I can not to waste.

I'm planting two this weekend, send me the money and I'll send you a certificate.

To all Dysfunctional Globalists like Gore

Gore is part of the problem and not the solution for our "green problems"

He supported so called Free Trade where U.S. manufacturers jumped at the chance to move their "dirty" manufacturing out of the USA. He acted as if there were walls up into the sky blocking out the pollution. Who would not move their "dirty" production outside the USA especially when they could also employ workers for pennies a day. Many of these manufacturers just vacated their factories here and left them loaded with pollution.

He was VP under the President that passed NAFTA and GATT which unleashed a pollution in more ways than one. Bush just followed in Clinton's footsteps.
The first question to ask all of them is this.

How can the overhead of long haul shipping including ocean, air, trucks and rail with all the exhausts along with the extra protective packaging which in itself is a vast pollutant, compete with local value added economies where these pollutants can be controlled better. Of course the answer is impoverished and wage slave labor which makes all the killing fields in production.

And if Globalization ever works, imagine what 400 million more autos would do to the world in places like China and India. It would shut us down.

Here is an example of the just one item - See The Dark Side of Energy Saving Light Bulbs that after all is said and done cause more harm than good.

The dark side of energy-efficient light bulbs article from Plain Dealer Reporter Michael Scott and Artist Activist Ray Tapajna | Philly Future - Philadelphia Blogs - The News YOU Write and

Energy-saving light bulbs? Well, not exactly - Published Letter re Dark Side of CFL bulbs. | Philly Future - Philadelphia Blogs - The News YOU Write

Now we have the Walmarts of the world fronting for the "dirty" manufacturing around the globe.

Last edited:
Posted by cherokee
I too don’t understand how Gore could win the Nobel peace prize for working on environmental issues. It not a lump all prize or has it become just that.

Right now we have greater men and women working harder then Gore has ever dreamed of who don’t get any mention Men like President Wade of Senegal working on the impossible dream of unifying Africa Or how about President Abbas of Palestine who has came closer to bringing peace between Israel and Palestine then any man or women in History?

This was also an issue that I had with this prize being given to Gore and the IPCC when their work is anything but about peace. Then I thought about it and said, well bringing nations together in a common goal to peacefully settle a very real concern would qualify.
The committee states “for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change.” Which apparently is also a qualification for the award.
I will agree though on Abbas, he deffinetely deserves it.

Damn someone did respond to my post...:shock:

I could understand if he was awarded something one of the Science fields...
But the Peace prize?...

_13_Kroll_Soir.jpg

- Damned! I want them to re-count every vote, one by one!
- That's true, Georges, with all the things you do in Iraq, it's really unfair (to give Gore the Nobel Prize)

Each year this prize just gets nuttier and nuttier - frack of all people Arafat got this prize as did the Dali lama? Peaceful? hey must have missed the part where Arafat endorsed terrorism against Israel and the Dali Lama was getting CIA funds to stage a forceful coup in Tibet to re-instate his power.

They might as well just change this prize to the Nobel favorite political figures prize.:roll:

Statements like this only prove that you are as nutty as the Nobel Committee. Tibet isn't part of China, and even if the Dalai Lama were preparing for a forceful coup against the Chinese occupiers (which I have never seen any credible evidence that he is) he would only be working against an illegal occupation.

Reagan stood up to the former Soviet Union which enable millions to gain their freedom and ended the totalitarian communist rule they lived under.

Gore puts out a bogus movie.

Which one wins the prize?

- Damned! I want them to re-count every vote, one by one!
- That's true, Georges, with all the things you do in Iraq, it's really unfair (to give Gore the Nobel Prize)

:rofl Bush could probably care less, the man in the picture should be Bill Clinton.

Reagan stood up to the former Soviet Union which enable millions to gain their freedom and ended the totalitarian communist rule they lived under.

Two things.

1) As far as I am aware Reagan was never nominated. 2) It has been proven a number of times in this thread that the movie is not bogus. Even your favorite citied critic, the British judge, called the movie highly accurate.

Two things.

1) As far as I am aware Reagan was never nominated.

Correct he should have been, that he wasn't speaks volumns about the Nobel prize.
2) It has been proven a number of times in this thread that the movie is not bogus.

It has been proven a number of times here in other threads through out the internet and now in a courtroom it is.

Even your favorite citied critic, the British judge, called the movie highly accurate.

You need to go read more closely. 9 things lies, 4 things accurate, that's 30% accurate.

---

Hummmmm, not :toilet: Regan, thats for sure. Try telling the millions and millions and millions of kids that :toilet: Regan forced to eat F----n KETCHUPT in school as their veggie or go without!
---
Now, if there ever was another AZZHOLE like :toilet: Bush around it would be :toilet: 'Ronald KETCHUP Regan'!
---
BTW: WTF was :toilet: Ronald eating while signing the 'ketchupt bill' with a BIG grin on his ugly face because he screwed American kids and saved our Gov $10.00 using ketchupt as a veggie???
I'm sure he was NOT eating ketchupt like the kids he forced to eat it.

Alfred Nobel's Will

"The whole of my remaining realizable estate shall be dealt with in the following way:

The capital shall be invested by my executors in safe securities and shall constitute a fund, the interest on which shall be annually distributed in the form of prizes to those who, during the preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit on mankind. The said interest shall be divided into five equal parts, which shall be apportioned as follows: one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery or invention within the field of physics; one part to the person who shall have made the most important chemical discovery or improvement; one part to the person who shall have made the most important discovery within the domain of physiology or medicine; one part to the person who shall have produced in the field of literature the most outstanding work of an idealistic tendency; and one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity among nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.

The prizes for physics and chemistry shall be awarded by the Swedish Academy of Sciences; that for physiological or medical works by the Caroline Institute in Stockholm; that for literature by the Academy in Stockholm; and that for champions of peace by a committee of five persons to be elected by the Norwegian Storting. It is my express wish that in awarding the prizes no consideration whatever shall be given to the nationality of the candidates, so that the most worthy shall receive the prize, whether he be Scandinavian or not."
– Alfred Nobel

I added bolding. I don't see the connection between what the committee has done, and what Mr. Nobel wanted done with his money.

Back
Top Bottom