• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al Gore smears the US.

Captain America said:
Well, you won't get any argument from me on that. I could care less if that bafoon gets locked up for a hundred years. Appearantly there is some law that dictates that we, as Americans, cannot exercize our freedom of speech beyong our shoreline. (I'm also thinking of the hatchet job done on the dingy Dixie Chicks by the rightwingnuts)

But, to be honest, you don't sound much different that the left wingnuts who stomp their feet and cry that Cheney, Libby, Bush have committed treason as well.

They should all be locked up together if you ask me.

Ok, diverging from the topic....

As far as the Dixie Chicks go, it was for the public, IMO, to react tothe Dixie chicks - no one else. I can not say I am not happy to see their career nose dive as people turned away from them, proving to another group of actor/singer/entertainers that they are paid to entertain us. Shut up and do so - we could care less about your political rants or positions!

In regards to Cheyne/Bush/Libby - HOW did they commit treason? Are you talking the plame BS? Look to the threads regarding my opinions on this Bush Administration Democratic/Liberal Witch Hunt, one of the many priorities the Dems have made for their party. They are trying every freakin' thing they can to take down our president during a time of war, to attack out troops, and - like Gore - incite muslim violence against this country and our troops. Quite an impressive resume for the 2008 elections! The only hope they hold in their hearts is that this country will FAIL so we will be forced to turn to them, and they are doing everything they can to see to it that we do fail!

I know you totally disagree - of course - and await your rabid defense of the democratic party's actions by such great leaders as Gore, Kerry, and Dean!

:yawn:

Naw, you won't get much defense for the dems outta me. I had too much fun bashing Clinton back in his day.:tomato: You think I'm rough on Bush? You shoulda been arond me during Clinton.

As for Gore, Kerry, and Dean, what can I say but.....:stooges

But I am an equal oppertunity basher and I detest hypocracy.

To bash those clowns and turn a blind eye to President :monkey will get a rise outta me everytime.

Hehehehehe....chicks LOVE monkeys...

pic24.jpg

easyt65 said:
Ok, how about this - What Bush is doing is perfectly legal, has been found to be so, no matter how much you Liberals whine, and you hate when the GOP shines the light onyour hypocrisy, which is why you can't bear to hear the name of 'He who shall not be named', the Democrat's poster boy!

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT - 'He who shall Not Be Named' had all those ILLEGAL FBI files on specific people - all Republicans and political opponents - used for specific reasons - his OWN political survival/agenda! And another big difference, HIS warrantless witretaps and search and seisures of private property were conducted in a time of PEACE, not war - he had NO REAL reason to use the program!

I could NOT agree more!

Can you argue on the issue instead of finding obscure bits of history from the Democrats and trying to paint that as justification for what Bush is doing? Probably not.

The point is that to automated monitoring of all foreign party communications and then have them audited in near real-time, not only without a warrent, but without any oversight beyond the NSA and the executive branch (or any auditable trail), is a BIG issue that could only come close to being legal by partnership with congressional oversight.

The Senete intelligence commitee didn't even know about it, and then few people in the leaderships that were informed were block from doing anything with that knowledge.

What next? Are you going call Specter a dirty Liberal?

PS) When you use the word liberal as if it is an insult, you sound like Ann Coulter. And she is an idiot!

Mickeytrout11 said:
There are terrorists that want to kill us. We are not in a war on terrorism. To be honest, I think Saddam and Iraq democracy should've come after bin Laden. We shouldn't completely pull out of the region, but perhaps we should minimize our presence and focus 100% on bin Laden & Co.

As I stated above, all we should be looking for now are bin Laden and his cohorts. We're using 9/11 as a rallying cry when the #1 man responsible for it has been swept aside because he's too hard to catch.

It disgusts me.

I assure you that we are in a war against terrorism. We are located and/or fighting in Chad, Ethiopia, Bosnia, Iraq, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the Phillipines. Radical Islamic groups and the local populations are the focus. I can also assure you that Bin Ladden has not been "swept" aside. He is contained and will be caught (if he's even alive) when he slips. Even in America, our criminals are caught when they make a mistake.

Bin Ladden is a symptom of a larger disease. Islamic Radicalism is much bigger than just one man and his minions. Simply chasing down a terrorist here and there is no longer acceptable. The entire civilization is the problem. Would you like a list of some Islamic terror groups and a list of some terror attacks going back to the '70s? I assure you that Bin Ladden belongs to one organization and is accountable for very few attacks in the last forty years.

Learn the issues at hand. Study terrorism and Radical Islam. Maybe you won't be so disgusted and so enslaved to political masters and you won't be subjective to believe what your local self-serving news and local self-serving politicians are saying.....or aren't saying.

Last edited:
OK, sorry I haven't been on for a while, really busy.

I'm still laughing soooo hard right now.

Let's review the path of easyt65's post, shall we?

* Gore committed treason.
* Ha, Clinton wiretapping, Clinton wiretapping, Clinton, Clinton, etc.
* John Kerry - flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop, etc.
* Bush?!?! Darn liberals - always change the subject! Back on topic - Gore committed treason! Don't try to change the topic on me!

:rofl Ahhhhhh....never surprises me.

I assure you that Bin Ladden belongs to one organization and is accountable for very few attacks in the last forty years.

One of your own conservatives asked me if I had already forgotten 9/11. No way I have, but it sure looks like you have.

Always, always, always remember 9/11.

Sure, there are more terrorists that are out there. But what event really got us into war? 9/11. Who was in charge of 9/11? bin Laden.

Seems simple enough to me. We need to catch bin Laden.

Mickeytrout11 said:
One of your own conservatives asked me if I had already forgotten 9/11. No way I have, but it sure looks like you have.

Always, always, always remember 9/11.

Sure, there are more terrorists that are out there. But what event really got us into war? 9/11. Who was in charge of 9/11? bin Laden.

Seems simple enough to me. We need to catch bin Laden.

I have forgotten nothing. I simply choose not to let 9/11 define what has been occurring since the '70s. 9/11 was the result of our government ignoring this problem for years. 9/11 woke our government up. It merely brought to surface what the military, CIA, and experts have been screaming about since the Reagan era. Bin Laden will be caught if he is even still alive, but Bin Laden is merely a symptom of decay. Where he falls, another will rise and it will come from a failing civilization. Without addressing the disease, we are merely applying a band-aid to a heart attack. Catching Bin-Laden will do nothing against this immense struggle. Our civilizations are clashing and catching one man will not fix it.

This is why I listed so many Islamic terror groups. All it takes is a charismatic leader to take them to "successful" heights.

Last edited:
Its amazing when there is criticism of Gore or Kerry a lot of our left wing friends say "Don't blame me, I did not vote for them."

My question is who the hell did vote for them then?:confused:

I need a bumper sticker that says "Don't blame me. I didn't vote for Bush."

Maybe I'll check eBay.

Saudi Arabia propagates the most fudamentalist brand of Islam there is Whahabism.It is an extreme and hateful form of Islam. The only reaso we aren't more critical of Saudi Arabia is the Oil.We need it and President Bush and the Republicans are Oil company stooges,

JOHNYJ said:
Saudi Arabia propagates the most fudamentalist brand of Islam there is Whahabism.It is an extreme and hateful form of Islam. The only reaso we aren't more critical of Saudi Arabia is the Oil.We need it and President Bush and the Republicans are Oil company stooges,

Yes, because we all know that President Clinton got oil from somewhere else and even now the Democrats get their gas from "special" gas stations.:roll:

Moron.

GySgt said:
Yes, because we all know that President Clinton got oil from somewhere else and even now the Democrats get their gas from "special" gas stations.:roll:

Moron.

the Oil companies are about to get a 6 billion dollar tax break on top of the special tax breaks Presiident Bush personaly pushed through congress.
When the Oil company executives were testifying befor Congress Republican Senator Stevens of Alaska .Wouldn't let them be sworn in under oath,Making sure they could lie safely.

GySgt said:

Moron.

O....the special gas stations.... IT's oil from a utopian land of free speech where the government takes care of your every need and you do nothing but lay around all day. There are blow jobs under the desk.... and top secret technology to sell and plenty of embassies and ships you can blow up just for fun. All the oil is drilled by liberal minded wildcaters that never curse and not a drop of oil is spilled in the pristine environment of the spotted tree slug....

SOrry ... went a little haywire there....

JOHNYJ said:
the Oil companies are about to get a 6 billion dollar tax break on top of the special tax breaks Presiident Bush personaly pushed through congress.
When the Oil company executives were testifying befor Congress Republican Senator Stevens of Alaska .Wouldn't let them be sworn in under oath,Making sure they could lie safely.

Yes...I am aware of the situation. Hardly what you stated before.

Back
Top Bottom