• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al Gore smears the US.

Mickeytrout11 said:
Don't get me started on party hypocrisy, conservative.

But on topic...

easyt65 - Since when are we at war with Saudi Arabia? If we are not at war, they are not the enemy. The only "enemy" America is fighting right now is the Democratic Party, 'cause they're easier to find than bin laden.

Now, as for the previous post - That is ridiculous. We haven't had another 9/11 ... because we arrested innocent people? Or is it the Muslim/Arab thing that sets you off? That's wholly racist. I have a question for you: Would you be supportive of the plan if you were sent to Guantanamo Bay so some guy could feel glad that his kids could walk to school?

Out of almost 800 hundred folks, all but 13 were found to be "innocent" I would say that was a respectable sweep. So 13 were caught up in the dragnet, so what, I know I don't care, as they were found to be innocent, and allowed to go free. What Gore is trying to suggest is this, that we should not have gone after Arabs in this country who had been here illegally, or "on minor visa problems" what is a minor visa problem? The law is the law, over stay your visa, and you have broken the law, all laws are important, and to suggest they are minor is irrelevant.

Mickeytrout11 said:
Don't get me started on party hypocrisy, conservative.

Yeah, I would hate to put you on the spot and force you to explain why it is OK for Carter and Clinton to use the wire-tapping program but totally criminal for Bush to! :roll:

Mickeytrout11 said:
But on topic...easyt65 - Since when are we at war with Saudi Arabia? If we are not at war, they are not the enemy.
Please, I have had so many liberals on this board tell me how Saudi is the 'enemy', how they are terrorists' - I mean look at the 'Saudi butt-buddy' comment by the rabid liberal just a few posts up! What, when Bush is exercising a little courteous protocol to secure some assistance/air bases/etc for the war on terror he is called a 'Saudi butt-buddy' and the saudis are called terrorists by the Dems, but when Gore takes a bribe to give a speech designed to incite muslim violence against our troops and this nation all of a sudden it is exercising free speech and the saudis are our pals?! Again, it is as the Dems say, flip flopping like Kerry, whenever it suits THEIR needs! Give it a rest!

As far as the saudis go, it was several Saudis who helped perpetrate 9-11. the Royal Saudi Family is loyal to the U.S. They asked us to leave at one point, trying to pacify the terrorists in hopes they would leave them alone, but they now see that Bin Laden's goal is to overthrow the Royal Saudi Family/Govt. All of a sudden things have changed. Yet they still try to appease the terrorists to a certain extent, still trying to playboth sides of the fence. And here Gore is over there taking Muslim money to further the terrorist's goal of turning the entire Muslim world against America! Gore knows there is no tolerance over there, and he is taking money to fan the flames and put American lives in jeopardy! Thatmakes him a pathetic piece of cr@p, and a traitor, in my book!

Mickeytrout11 said:
See, the way things are supposed to work in America is that we figure out whether or not you're guilty before we toss you in jail indefinetely.

Yeah but once someone declares war by hijacking planes and flying them into buildings all bets are off.

Now, if you acted like those "soccer moms", maybe they have good reason. What if you just looked like them? What if the government was immediately more suspicious of you because you looked like the jihadist soccer moms?

Do you have proof that some were locked up based only on their looks?

Also, would you consider it you duty if the Pres. was Democratic?

I don't know.....I just don't trust those pesky dems.....:rofl

easyt65 said:
There is a time and a place to say what you want against your country. Giving a speech on foreign/Muslim soil designed to incite Muslim violence against your country and against our soldier's in harm's way during a time of war, especially when you are taking a large amount of cash from a country accused of supporting terrorism and being the enemy to give that speech IS a SERIOUS PROBLEM - TREASON!

:roll:

Absolutely. The truth should not be spoken beyond our shores. That's our new policy!:rofl

Out of almost 800 hundred folks, all but 13 were found to be "innocent"

:lol:

Read that again.

Something tells me it's a typo...but if it wasn't, I wouldn't be surprised. Let's operate under the assumption that it is true, for now.

787 people arrested out of 800 were found to be innocent! We need to reform this system!!

OK, enough fun. Now onto the truth. Rounding to the nearest, we find that to mean that 2% of the inmates were innocent. 2% is an exceptionally large number, as much as you may think not. If 1 out of every 50 inmates is actually innocent, our justice system is abysmal.

But our justice system works differently. Arabs don't get the same rights as us - they look different, more like the terrorists. So 1 out of 50 for them is good enough.

Yeah, I would hate to put you on the spot and force you to explain why it is OK for Carter and Clinton to use the wire-tapping program but totally criminal for Bush to!

And I would like to put you on the spot for why Clinton should've been impeached for lying to the American people when Bush has done it multiple times (African uranium, oil reductions by 75%, need I go on?).

As far as the saudis go, it was several Saudis who helped perpetrate 9-11.

If they're so terroristic, why are we in Iraq and not there? Oh, yeah, we need oil. Oil > finding terrorists. I forgot.

The traitor is the person who has power and abuses that power against the people who gave him power. That is the very definition of our "great" President.

Yeah but once someone declares war by hijacking planes and flying them into buildings all bets are off.

That's right. I'm sorry. We forget such trivalities as "civil rights" and "inalienable liberties" once war is on.

Give me a break, geez.......If you don't want rights like "freedom of speech" and "right to a fair trial", get out of America.

I don't know.....I just don't trust those pesky dems.....

Exactly my point. A blind conservative follower ... closes eyes, grabs onto Bush's shoulder, and just walks where he goes. Sickens me.

Last edited:
Let's say those numbers were right. 800 rounded up, 13 guilty crazy killers.

On 9/11 19 people were responsible for the deaths of close to 3000.

So can the jailing of 787 innocents to find those 13 guilty people be justified.

Damn straight it can.

It's all in how YOU look at the numbers.

Mickeytrout11 said:
:lol:

Read that again.

Something tells me it's a typo...but if it wasn't, I wouldn't be surprised. Let's operate under the assumption that it is true, for now.

787 people arrested out of 800 were found to be innocent! We need to reform this system!!

OK, enough fun. Now onto the truth. Rounding to the nearest, we find that to mean that 2% of the inmates were innocent. 2% is an exceptionally large number, as much as you may think not. If 1 out of every 50 inmates is actually innocent, our justice system is abysmal.

But our justice system works differently. Arabs don't get the same rights as us - they look different, more like the terrorists. So 1 out of 50 for them is good enough.

And I would like to put you on the spot for why Clinton should've been impeached for lying to the American people when Bush has done it multiple times (African uranium, oil reductions by 75%, need I go on?).

If they're so terroristic, why are we in Iraq and not there? Oh, yeah, we need oil. Oil > finding terrorists. I forgot.

The traitor is the person who has power and abuses that power against the people who gave him power. That is the very definition of our "great" President.

That's right. I'm sorry. We forget such trivalities as "civil rights" and "inalienable liberties" once war is on.

Give me a break, geez.......If you don't want rights like "freedom of speech" and "right to a fair trial", get out of America.

Exactly my point. A blind conservative follower ... closes eyes, grabs onto Bush's shoulder, and just walks where he goes. Sickens me.

This is not the system in place, it's an important action that was taken after 9/11, and I fully support that action. 2% in a crisis situation sounds pretty good to me, yes.

Wooah, hold up!

Those numbers are right?

Say it ain't so, Joe!!!

A 98% failure rate in arrests?!?!? What is our great nation coming to?

That is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. An impeachable offense.

If you're honestly defending the arrest of 98 innocents for every 2 guilty persons...why don't we arrest everyone in America? You seem to be willing to be arrested as your country's duty, so why don't we then? In a nation with 300,000,000 people, and a 2% success rate, that would equal out to finding 6,000,000 guilty people! Woo-hoo! Of course, we'd be locking up 294,000,000 innocent people, but remember the 9/11 victims.

This is America. Everyone has rights. Everyone gets a trial.What happened to the great country Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Ben Franklin created?

Mickeytrout11 said:
^^^OK, if you honestly would allow yourself to be locked up as an innocent until your country figured out what your agenda was, you're crazy.

See, the way things are supposed to work in America is that we figure out whether or not you're guilty before we toss you in jail indefinetely.

Something the current administration likes to forget.

Now, if you acted like those "soccer moms", maybe they have good reason. What if you just looked like them? What if the government was immediately more suspicious of you because you looked like the jihadist soccer moms? Would you still consider it your patriotic duty to be locked up?

Also, would you consider it you duty if the Pres. was Democratic?

Were in this article does it say that these people are Americans?

Mickeytrout11 said:
Wooah, hold up!

Those numbers are right?

Say it ain't so, Joe!!!

If you're honestly defending the arrest of 98 innocents for every 2 guilty persons...why don't we arrest everyone in America? You seem to be willing to be arrested as your country's duty, so why don't we then? In a nation with 300,000,000 people, and a 2% success rate, that would equal out to finding 6,000,000 guilty people! Woo-hoo! Of course, we'd be locking up 294,000,000 innocent people, but remember the 9/11 victims.

This is America. Everyone has rights. Everyone gets a trial.What happened to the great country Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, and Ben Franklin created?

Americans have rights in America. The problem we are running into is your trying to bestow citizenship and the constitution to non americans and possible terrorist. Right up to the point that something else happens then you get on the soap box and scream about how nothing was done and these people should have been locked up....

Captain America said:
Absolutely. The truth should not be spoken beyond our shores. That's our new policy!:rofl

So, according to your pattern of justification - you also support Clinton helping his Arkansas buddy bypassing U.s. sanctions on technology sales to the chinese military, finally giving them the ability to strike the U.S. with its nuclear arsenal, in exchange for millions in campaign contributions traced directly back to the Chinese military.

Let me guess: Not treason -- 'freedom of Enterprise', right?! :shock:

Mickeytrout11 said:
Wooah, hold up!

Those numbers are right?

Say it ain't so, Joe!!!

IMPEACHMENT!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!!

Is that all the Democrat party is focused on? Besides that and finding how to get Cheney to resign by accidently shooting someone on a hunting accident.

But no, you were right in an earlier post, it was a typo... it was 13 people out of all the people rounded up that was innocent. Just 2%, but an impeachable offense, nonetheless, right?

easyt65 said:
So, according to your pattern of justification - you also support Clinton helping his Arkansas buddy bypassing U.s. sanctions on technology sales to the chinese military, finally giving them the ability to strike the U.S. with its nuclear arsenal, in exchange for millions in campaign contributions traced directly back to the Chinese military.

Let me guess: Not treason -- 'freedom of Enterprise', right?! :shock:

To be clear, I don't support Clinton on much o' nothin'. If Georgy hadn't stolen the spotlight, I'd STILL be doggin' out Slick Willy. I was none too kind to him neither.

I simply think the truth shall set you free. I believe in the truth and nothing but the truth. I know that angers a lot of people who prefer to live in their world of :spin: but I can't help it. It is what it is. I am a slave to reality. Even as a child, I made a LOT of kids angry when I told them there was no Santa. Those kids have grown up now. I avoid discussions of religion with them. The truth may set you free, but it will also land you a black eye!:shock:

reaganburch said:
But no, you were right in an earlier post, it was a typo... it was 13 people out of all the people rounded up that was innocent.

:rwbdonkey AHA, so you admit to being a LYING Conservative SCUM! Nothing you say should EVER be considered credible again,if for no other reasonthan you are a deplorable...(gulp)...REPUBLICAN! Bush-Lover! :donkeyfla

:2funny:

I just heard...

Al Gore is opening up for The Dixie Chicks...:cool:

Captain America said:
Even as a child, I made a LOT of kids angry when I told them there was no Santa. Those kids have grown up now. I avoid discussions of religion with them. The truth may set you free, but it will also land you a black eye!:shock:

:shock: :hammer: I would have kicked your sorry butt, too, you sicko!

(Just Kidding!)

reaganburch said:
IMPEACHMENT!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!!

Is that all the Democrat party is focused on? Besides that and finding how to get Cheney to resign by accidently shooting someone on a hunting accident.

Well said. All this talk about impeachment over simply outing a CIA agent or deceiving the nation (world) and going to war on false pretenses, shooting lawyers, illegal wiretaps, New Orleans, illegal immigrants......

My goodness, you'd think the guys lied about a blow-job or something serious like that!

What are these dems thinking?:confused:

easyt65 said:
:rwbdonkey AHA, so you admit to being a LYING Conservative SCUM! Nothing you say should EVER be considered credible again,if for no other reasonthan you are a deplorable...(gulp)...REPUBLICAN! Bush-Lover! :donkeyfla

:2funny:

Let's follow the DNC logic:

1) I'm a liar
2) I'm a republican
3) All Republican's must be a liar
4) Bush is a Republican
5) Bush is a liar
6) IMPEACH BUSH! IMPEACH BUSH! IMPEACH BUSH! IMPEACH BUSH!

:rofl

Captain America said:
Well said. All this talk about impeachment over simply outing a CIA agent or deceiving the nation (world) and going to war on false pretenses, shooting lawyers, illegal wiretaps, New Orleans, illegal immigrants......

My goodness, you'd think the guys lied about a blow-job or something serious like that!

Or selling top secret MIRV technology to the Chinese.. Or allowing the USS Cole to be bombed or allowing multiple embassies to be attacked....YA .. nothing serious/.......

Captain America said:

I thought the whole impeachment thing with Bill Clinton was pretty worthless and futile and definately partison and 100% wrong. However, 2 wrongs only make a right in schoolyard playgrounds...

Outing a CIA agent? Did Bush personally do that? Has that been proven in a court of law yet?
Deceiving the world on going to war? Can't say I totally disagree with you on that... although none of it's proven... bad intelligence? Perhaps, but it's the same intelligence Congress & the previous administration had...
Shooting lawyers? Did Bush do that? I thought it was Cheney....
Illegal Wiretaps? Says who? The attorney general says legal, previous administrations did it...
Illegal Immigration? I think most Republicans would like to solve this, what's the solution?
New Orleans? What could Bush have done? Got up on one of the Levees and did his best Moses trick? GO AWAY KATRINA! BE GONE!!! There is PLENTY of blame on this one to go around...

I thought the whole impeachment thing with Bill Clinton was pretty worthless and futile and definately partison and 100% wrong. However, 2 wrongs only make a right in schoolyard playgrounds...

Good on you. I think the same way. My point was, and still is, after the Clinton fiasco, it seems a little hypocritical to slam the dems for doing exactly what the GOP'ers did back in the day.

There is PLENTY of blame on this one to go around...

True dat....

It's time to put America first and politics last. Neither side is innocent.

Or allowing the USS Cole to be bombed or allowing multiple embassies to be attacked....

I suppose if I have to hold Clinton personally responsible for the Cole, then I'd have to hold Bush personally responsible for 9/11. And so would you.

Sorry, I just can't do that. **** happens. It don't matter who's sitting in the Whitehouse. Personally, I hold the terrorists responsible.

Last edited:
Captain America said:

Outing a CIA desk jockey - and Bush had not part in this thing, so why talk Impeachment of bush over this?

Decieving a nation under false pretenses. I'm not even going back into the details of the 500 tons of uranium, documents that talk about shipments of WMD into Syria, the nuclear material the brits intercepted going into Iran, the score of Dems who swore WMD was there and called for Hussein to be removed, etc.....it just old BS to dig up.

"Shooting lawyers" - talking Impeachment over a hunting accident?:shock:

"Illegal wiretaps' that are not only not illegal but are not un-constitutional, unless the only evidence you go on is how the Democrats FEEL NOW!

New Orleans? Are we talking about the NATURAL disaster, the fact that the Army Corp of Engineers stated the local goverment embezzled part of the money ear-marked for correctly building the levies and filled them with sand and brooken sea shells instead of filling them with cement as they were supposed to, who did not declare a federal emergency and ask for aid until it was too late, and who left buses sitting in the parking lots instead of getting people to safety? Yeah, d@mn George Bush!

I iwll give you illegal immigrants, and I am mad about that one, too.

Finally - you think Clinton was Impeached over adultery? Dude, clinton was Impeached for committing a FELONY, for lying under oath before a Federal Grand Jury, in which he sought to strip an American Citizen of a Constitutional Right, which he swore to protect as President, of a fair trial - he tried to deny her of that and protect his own unsrupulous immoral butt after he had sexually harrassed her! I know you dems want to continue to chove that simple fact, that he committed a FELONY, to the rear in hopes everyone will forget about that little tidbit, but we don't man. as you said, the truth will set you free. If you REALLY believe that, then fess up to the fact tha Clinton broke the law and that THAT was why he was Impeached!

Again, the Dems remind me of a drowning man, trying to grasp anything they can to try to 'get even' with Bush and the GOPs with as they go down for the last time! :sinking:

Captain America said:
Good on you. I think the same way. My point was, and still is, after the Clinton fiasco, it seems a little hypocritical to slam the dems for doing exactly what the GOP'ers did back in the day.
Neither side is innocent.

It is EXTREMELY hypocritical for the Dems to continue this 'Don Quiote' campaign to condemn, convict, and impeach Bush, especially during a time of war, after all the things the Dems have done in the past/clinton Administration! How Nancy Pelosi can say 'the GOP has created a culture of corruption' with a straight face is one of the best tricks I have seen a politician do in quite a while!

You are right, though! Neither side is innocent, and it is time to stop this BS and get back to NATION 1st, party 2nd, to get back to doing what is best for the nation instead of these BS biased attacks from both sides!

Captain America said:

True dat....

It's time to put America first and politics last. Neither side is innocent.

I suppose if I have to hold Clinton personally responsible for the Cole, then I'd have to hold Bush personally responsible for 9/11. And so would you.

Sorry, I just can't do that. **** happens. It don't matter who's sitting in the Whitehouse. Personally, I hold the terrorists responsible.

Hypocritical? Not me... I thought it was ridiculous then, I think it's ridiculous now... That's not hypocrisy...

You are right, though! Neither side is innocent, and it is time to stop this BS and get back to NATION 1st, party 2nd, to get back to doing what is best for the nation instead of these BS biased attacks from both sides!

:agree

BRAVO!!

Back
Top Bottom