• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Al Gore For President?

Democrats ONLY: WHo Would You Vote For President in 2008

• Total voters

26 X World Champs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
With Al Gore being honored today with the Nobel Peace Prize I thought it would be a good time to see how popular he is at Debate Politics versus the other Democratic candidates.

This poll is meant for Democrats only please. No one from the Gang Of Five should vote nor any other right winger, Republican or Neocon.

Hey former champs;

Maybe if Gore finds out how much you support him he will get you tickets to the World Series to see your Ya.... Oh... never mind. Sorry. :3oops:

I'm not American, but I'd vote for Gore. If Dennis Kucinich was on the list, it would be a toss-up for me.

I voted for him in 2000, and everything I've heard about him makes me regret that he didn't get the job back then. I like him more than the current candidates simply because he isn't running for office and hasn't joined in on the disingenuous political bullshittery that everyone attempts when trying to appeal to the LCD.

With Al Gore being honored today with the Nobel Peace Prize I thought it would be a good time to see how popular he is at Debate Politics versus the other Democratic candidates.

This poll is meant for Democrats only please. No one from the Gang Of Five should vote nor any other right winger, Republican or Neocon.

How about an Indy?

I vote non of the above. Same goes for the Republican candidates as well.

But like I've said before and got shot down, Its gonna be funny when you guys have to say President Hillary...

No matter how you slice it:

President Hilary is still worlds better than King George.

I am an independent. I voted for Obama. Unfortunately, if he doesn't start getting aggressive, he won't beat Hillary. He is the only other one who has the money to purchase the White House.

I'd vote for Biden, though he has 0% chance of getting the nomination. I wouldn't' vote for Gore, he is far to passive when it comes to aggression.

Gore would be a shoe in but the swing votes mostly would not go to Gore because he's too honest.
And God forbid we ever have another honest Pres like Carter again.
---
Of course theres the factor that more people voted for Gore then did for Bush but as we soon found out, Americans votes don't mean $hit!
---
So, its Hillary!!!

No matter how you slice it:

President Hilary is still worlds better than King George.

I worry about men who are so enamored with the hildabeast:roll:

I chose Gore, and I even registered on the "Draft Gore for Prez" web site.

However, I will support whoever wins the Dem nomination.

We must see the end of the neo-cons and their agenda. An agenda that has done nothing but harm America.

I chose Gore, and I even registered on the "Draft Gore for Prez" web site.

However, I will support whoever wins the Dem nomination.

We must see the end of the neo-cons and their agenda. An agenda that has done nothing but harm America.

You mean the man who said

"[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." "

and

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Al Gore said last night that the time had come for a "final reckoning" with Iraq, describing the country as a "virulent threat in a class by itself" and suggesting that the United States should consider ways to oust Saddam Hussein. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]
and blasted the first President Bush for ignoring Saddam's ties to terrorist?

lgf: Al Gore's Hypocrisy Revealed

So I take it you support the war in Iraq?

[/FONT]

"[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." "

and

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif] Al Gore said last night that the time had come for a "final reckoning" with Iraq, describing the country as a "virulent threat in a class by itself" and suggesting that the United States should consider ways to oust Saddam Hussein. [/FONT]

[/FONT]
You quote another blogger as your source? You have to go back to 1992 to make a point that is moot today? Typical modus operandi for you and your evil Republican cronies Stinger.

Shall we now post quotes from Bush from 2000 when he promises that he hates nation building and that it would be a disaster to attempt to do such?

You're one of America's best advocates for the Democratic party because you prove how out of touch with reality and mainstream American politics you and your kind really are.

Party on Stinger, Party on!

Here's a nice little image to show what the state of the Republican party has become in 2007:
905_bat_dad_threats.jpg

and

[/FONT]

No, I don't support this war. I support the troops. Anyone who supports this war, in its' current fashion, does not support our troops.

How's that grab ya? :rofl

Show me a republican who supports the war in Iraq?

If they truely believed this to be the war of our lifetimes, they'd follow Patreaus' recommendations and have 650,000 troops in Iraq and get this thing over with!

As far as your outdated quotes, show me one quote where Gore concluded we should invade Iraq?

Same 'ol Stinger

No, I don't support this war. I support the troops. Anyone who supports this war, in its' current fashion, does not support our troops.

How's that grab ya? :rofl

Show me a republican who supports the war in Iraq?

If they truely believed this to be the war of our lifetimes, they'd follow Patreaus' recommendations and have 650,000 troops in Iraq and get this thing over with!

As far as your outdated quotes, show me one quote where Gore concluded we should invade Iraq?

Same 'ol Stinger
You know when someone is desperate and without recourse they resort to the lowest common denominator that they can find to try to salvage their sinking ship. How pathetic has it become for Republicans that they have to dig into quotes from Gore from 1992 and try to connect those words to Iraq in 2007?

You know what else is interesting is how most (not all) but most Democrats can/would/will support any of the candidates listed in this poll without hesitation but if you look across the aisle how many of our GOP friends can honestly state that they can/would/will support their weak slate of candidates?

Its amazing you leftys would vote for someone who could not even carry his own home state in 2000.......Gore was a loser then and he is a loser now...........Go Hillary!!!!!;)

No, I don't support this war.

Well Gore did, is he a liar.

I support the troops.
Support their victory on the field of battle?

Anyone who supports this war, in its' current fashion, does not support our troops.
So you would prefer more of them be killed since the current fashion has deaths down for us and up for our enemies.

So Gore supported the war, why do you support him?

Is that what you support?

I did, what do you think he was talking about?

Was he lying about the ties between Saddam and terrorist? I gave you the video of him saying so?

Its amazing you leftys would vote for someone who could not even carry his own home state in 2000.......Gore was
If by loser you mean someone who received 300,000 more popular votes then Bush and only lost the electoral vote by 5 votes then yes I guess he is a "loser".

Back
Top Bottom