• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al Gore Compares His Climate Mission to Jackie Robinson

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The man who invented the internet has added to his resume. Al Gore is the Jackie Robinson of the climate debate -- or says he is, anyway.

Ridiculae

Guest essay by Eric Worrall In a recent interview, former Vice President Al Gore suggested his mission to save the world from Global Warming is comparable to Jackie Robinson‘s achievements, Jackie’s effort to break down US racial segregation, by becoming the first African American to play Major League Baseball in modern times. I don’t want…

". . . How do you deal with that? How are you able to keep putting yourself out there? How do you emotionally tell yourself, “It’s worth it?”
There is a time-honored tradition of people who strongly disagree with a message and take it out on the messenger, and opponents of integration had a personal animus for Jackie Robinson. Opponents of all the great social movements would take out after the advocates that were most effective in asking people to change.
As a result, I don’t take it personally when the criticism comes at me. I believe so passionately in this mission, if you will. The word “mission” might sound a little grandiose, but that’s kind of what it feels like to me. Honestly, it is a joy and a privilege to have work that justifies pouring every ounce of energy you can pour into it. That is a blessing that is to be cherished."

The man who invented the internet has added to his resume. Al Gore is the Jackie Robinson of the climate debate -- or says he is, anyway.

Ridiculae

Guest essay by Eric Worrall In a recent interview, former Vice President Al Gore suggested his mission to save the world from Global Warming is comparable to Jackie Robinson‘s achievements, Jackie’s effort to break down US racial segregation, by becoming the first African American to play Major League Baseball in modern times. I don’t want…

". . . How do you deal with that? How are you able to keep putting yourself out there? How do you emotionally tell yourself, “It’s worth it?”
There is a time-honored tradition of people who strongly disagree with a message and take it out on the messenger, and opponents of integration had a personal animus for Jackie Robinson. Opponents of all the great social movements would take out after the advocates that were most effective in asking people to change.
As a result, I don’t take it personally when the criticism comes at me. I believe so passionately in this mission, if you will. The word “mission” might sound a little grandiose, but that’s kind of what it feels like to me. Honestly, it is a joy and a privilege to have work that justifies pouring every ounce of energy you can pour into it. That is a blessing that is to be cherished."

If a Republican said this this would be all over every news agency possible.

If a Republican said this this would be all over every news agency possible.

It must be so hard to be the most persecuted people in the world.

It must be so hard to be the most persecuted people in the world.

You're telling me that if Trump said he felt like an African American civil rights hero people wouldn't bring it up?

Al Gore is the Jackie Robinson of the climate debate -- or says he is, anyway.

Jack... you have been suckered yet again by another denialist liar.

Go read the actual interview and you will see that the interviewer is the one who compared Al to Jackie.

Go read the actual interview and you will see that the interviewer is the one who compared Al to Jackie.

Yet he didn't deny it and in fact reinforced the idea.

Lol he is still the moron he always has been.
He makes Dan Quayle look smart

Al Gore has made bucket loads of money off of this, I think the sum is something like $100 million.

He was actually behind the company that sold carbon credits, get out of jail free cards where you could pay a sum of money to make up for your environmental sins.

Gore didn't have to go the usual route of an ex-politician and make speeches at Goldman Sachs for astronomical payments, he figured out his own hustle.

This doesn't do Al any good.

I don’t want to compare you to Jackie Robinson, but I’m going to draw a parallel. When you’re first at something or, in your case, out front, it’s often difficult. You had naysayers. Even though you were at the top of the New York Times bestseller list, there were people who made fun of it.
Oh, yeah. A few still do.
How do you deal with that? How are you able to keep putting yourself out there? How do you emotionally tell yourself, “It’s worth it?”
As a result, I don’t take it personally when the criticism comes at me. I believe so passionately in this mission, if you will. The word “mission” might sound a little grandiose, but that’s kind of what it feels like to me. Honestly, it is a joy and a privilege to have work that justifies pouring every ounce of energy you can pour into it. That is a blessing that is to be cherished.

Uh oh. Al's on a mission again. The last one was begging a masseuse to release his chakra.

Yet he didn't deny it and in fact reinforced the idea.

So what. All he did was answer the question.

Lol he is still the moron he always has been.
He makes Dan Quayle look smart

You obviously know nothing about Al that didn't come from a denialist moron.

Al Gore has made bucket loads of money off of this, I think the sum is something like $100 million.

He was actually behind the company that sold carbon credits, get out of jail free cards where you could pay a sum of money to make up for your environmental sins.

Gore didn't have to go the usual route of an ex-politician and make speeches at Goldman Sachs for astronomical payments, he figured out his own hustle.

The money Gore makes from this goes into educating the public.

The OP includes a direct quote from Gore. Case closed.

Your first line contains two lies and the OP lies as well. Gore didn't come up with this comparison and the OP is specifically written to make the reader think he did.

Your pushing another lie Jack!!!

Your first line contains two lies and the OP lies as well. Gore didn't come up with this comparison and the OP is specifically written to make the reader think he did.

The money Gore makes................goes where?

You mean the English court that said his movie couldn't be used in science class because it was so unscientific and wrong?

Yea al gore has nothing to say. Even alarmists were trouncing his movie as unscientific.
So keep on going.

Please see my #9 which includes the entire exchange. That was in the OP link. Gore chose to accept the Jackie Robinson comparison. Sorry, neither I nor the OP is lying, but someone is.

The money Gore makes................goes where?

O.k... some of the money Gore makes goes into education. Link

You mean the English court that said his movie couldn't be used in science class because it was so unscientific and wrong?

Yea al gore has nothing to say. Even alarmists were trouncing his movie as unscientific.
So keep on going.

Wrong. The English court just said that the few errors in the film should be pointed out to students. www.theguardian.com...

Fact of the matter is that most of the movie was correct.

11k dollar electric bill

Gore doesn't pay 11k for his electric bill. Maybe for the whole year. And Al actually pays a higher rate so that his supplier can get his electricity from green sources. Plus if you consider that he has a rather large home that is heated and cooled by geothermal then his bill is not that bad.

www.snopes.com

Please see my #9 which includes the entire exchange. That was in the OP link. Gore chose to accept the Jackie Robinson comparison. Sorry, neither I nor the OP is lying, but someone is.

Wrong. I know you will ignore this but I will quote the lies for you:

The man who invented the internet

Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.

Al Gore is the Jackie Robinson of the climate debate -- or says he is, anyway.

Never said this.

In a recent interview, former Vice President Al Gore suggested his mission to save the world from Global Warming is comparable to Jackie Robinson‘s achievements

And he never suggested this. It was the interviewer who brought up Jackie Robinson.

Yes... I know. You have completely different standards for what is and isn't the truth. So I'll just keep pointing out your BS and let all the readers here decide.

Wrong. I know you will ignore this but I will quote the lies for you:

Gore never claimed to have invented the internet.

Never said this.

And he never suggested this. It was the interviewer who brought up Jackie Robinson.

Yes... I know. You have completely different standards for what is and isn't the truth. So I'll just keep pointing out your BS and let all the readers here decide.

Indeed, readers can decide. Are you this irony-challenged IRL? Or only online?

As for the Jackie Robinson comparison, Gore accepted it.

This doesn't do Al any good.

I don’t want to compare you to Jackie Robinson, but I’m going to draw a parallel. When you’re first at something or, in your case, out front, it’s often difficult. You had naysayers. Even though you were at the top of the New York Times bestseller list, there were people who made fun of it.
How do you deal with that? How are you able to keep putting yourself out there? How do you emotionally tell yourself, “It’s worth it?”
As a result, I don’t take it personally when the criticism comes at me. I believe so passionately in this mission, if you will. The word “mission” might sound a little grandiose, but that’s kind of what it feels like to me. Honestly, it is a joy and a privilege to have work that justifies pouring every ounce of energy you can pour into it. That is a blessing that is to be cherished.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

Yuck! Even when he tries to appear modest, he can't help bragging about his "mission," which has made him very very wealthy! What a phony he is, considering he is known as being one of the biggest polluters on the planet! :thumbdown:

Al Gore is not one of the biggest polluters on the planet. Sorry to have to break the news to you Polgara, but you have been misinformed.

Greetings, Jack. :2wave:

Yuck! Even when he tries to appear modest, he can't help bragging about his "mission," which has made him very very wealthy! What a phony he is, considering he is known as being one of the biggest polluters on the planet! :thumbdown:

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

Al's a putz.:mrgreen:

Al Gore is not one of the biggest polluters on the planet. Sorry to have to break the news to you Polgara, but you have been misinformed.

Greetings, Buzz. :2wave:

Nah, I don't think so! Also, I was referring to his lavish lifestyle, not his personal girth...

The OP includes a direct quote from Gore. Case closed.

Um, that still doesn't mean Al Gore compared himself to Jackie Robinson. You (or, rather, the idiot denier blog you cribbed it from) lied.

How do you deal with that? How are you able to keep putting yourself out there? How do you emotionally tell yourself, "It’s worth it?"

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/07...riminal-activities-in-carbon-trading-markets/

In 2009, Al Gore obfuscated and downplayed the role that CEOs played in crafting his Cap-and-Trade CO2 trading scheme and carbon swapping system. Gore failed to put a lid on his Congressional committee testimony about the global warming, carbon-tax debate — the derivatives bubble in the then emerging green-energy credit-swap.
Gore had good reason to be less than forthcoming. Despite his testimony, Enron’s Ken Lay played a large role in developing the plan.
Chris Horner, now a Senior Legal Fellow for the Energy and Environment Legal Institute, was Director of Federal Government Relations for Enron when Gore testified.
With Enron’s implosion two years later, any thought about the energy giant becoming involved in the carbon-tax market vaporized.
The fraud has since been pulled off to a greater degree by many of Kenneth Lay’s proteges. . . . .

Last edited:
Um, that still doesn't mean Al Gore compared himself to Jackie Robinson. You (or, rather, the idiot denier blog you cribbed it from) lied.

Looks to me like Al Gore did exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom