• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al Gore Accused of "Unwanted Sexual Contact" in 2006, Authorities Say

I just love it when people are so blinded by hatred, they completely throw common sense and intelligent thinking right out the window.

Hmm, I think I just said the same thing to you... but I was a bit more polite with my choice of words. :lol:

:shock: Have you ever READ the Enquirer?

No, but I am sure that at least one of my cats probably has. After all, it lines their litter box. :mrgreen:

I just love it when people are so blinded by hatred, they completely throw common sense and intelligent thinking right out the window.

Are you telling me the women's groups came to the defense of:

Paula Jones?
Linda Tripp?
Monica Lewinsky?

No, no, no they didn't.

I just love it when women throw other women under the bus, simply for exposing their heros as crass, sexists pigs. Liberal women did the same thing when Clinton's and Edwards' charming antics toward women were revealed.

If you think Al Gore is my hero, you need to think again. Holy ****ing ****. :shock:

Secondly, I don't give a flying **** if he is a crass, sexist pig. Irrelevant. I don't even care who she is making the charges against. Irrelevant. The only relevant thing here is that this woman appears to be making some nonesense up, or twisting events around to suit her wallet. And for using an assault charge that goes under reported specifically BECAUSE of bull**** like that, she can go to ****ing hell.

Hmm, I think I just said the same thing to you... but I was a bit more polite with my choice of words. :lol:

If this woman's story is true as you seem to believe, then that would make Gore more than "a crass sexist pig" no? But that is how you chose to word it. :screwy

Me, as a woman, I could not possibly image staying and completing my job after being violated in such a way. Especially when it was so easy to walk out the door.

Now whether there was some funny business going on between them, that is a different story... and it might have happened. But her story of what happened does not make on iota of common sense. It doesn't take Sherlock to figure out her story reeks.

God, yet another pass in the ongoing political football game. "YOUR GUY DID THIS!" "OH YEA? WELL YOUR GUY DID THIS TOO!". If it's true, then yea Al Gore should pay the price, but I absolutely hate it when idiots politicize sexual behavior.

If this woman's story is true as you seem to believe, then that would make Gore more than "a crass sexist pig" no? But that is how you chose to word it. :screwy

Me, as a woman, I could not possibly image staying and completing my job after being violated in such a way. Especially when it was so easy to walk out the door.

Now whether there was some funny business going on between them, that is a different story... and it might have happened. But her story of what happened does not make on iota of common sense. It doesn't take Sherlock to figure out her story reeks.

I don't believe anything, but I'm not willing to accuse this woman of being a money hungry liar as you two have. I simply enjoy pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

It's obvious that Gore, like many famous people, feel they are of the privileged class and can take whatever they feel like at the time, with no repercussions.

It appears that this story might have some legs though. It seems that the Portland DA has announced that he is willing to pursue a criminal investigation if further evidence is offered. The black pants with Gore's premature dribble on it perhaps???

I don't believe anything, but I'm not willing to accuse this woman of being a money hungry liar as you two have. I simply enjoy pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

What hypocrisy?

And what would have happened if she had left and gone to the front desk complaining ??? I'll tell you... they would tell her to get out of the hotel and never come back, then call Gore's room and apologize for any inconvenience the woman caused him.

Who do you think they would believe? The woman or the ex-vice president spending thousands of dollars there???

Gill, I don't see that happening at all. When a person reports a situation/crime immediately after, there is a lot of credibility on the part of the accuser. The person to whom she would report what happen would be able to describe her demeanor (She was very upset and shaken), which only heightens her credibility. If something like that happened to me, I can't imagine having the rationality to think, "If I report this, they will kick me out of the hotel permanently." There is something fishy about the story.

What hypocrisy?

Since you believe that a powerful man can demand anything he wants of a woman with no consequences, including sexual favors, any further discussion is a waste of time.

And what would have happened if she had left and gone to the front desk complaining ??? I'll tell you... they would tell her to get out of the hotel and never come back, then call Gore's room and apologize for any inconvenience the woman caused him.

Having spent many years in the convention hotel business, I can tell you with authority that any such complaint would be immediately investigated by hotel security, with followups by the local police. Been there, seen that (too many times).

Having spent many years in the convention hotel business, I can tell you with authority that any such complaint would be immediately investigated by hotel security, with followups by the local police. Been there, seen that (too many times).

I hope you're right, but I can't help but think that someone like Gore would get a pass.

It's obvious that Gore, like many famous people, feel they are of the privileged class and can take whatever they feel like at the time, with no repercussions.

Speaking of hypocracy, you have no trouble accusing others of it, yet you make this sweeping statement about Gore. How do you know this as fact? Do you know him personally? Where you the fly in his hotel room wall? Has he made advances towards you or anyone else that you know who confided to you?

Me, I have no clue. He could be a sleazy slimeball or not. I don't know enough to make that judgement.

So is anyone wondering how he procured her services. Was she an employee of the hotel or was she an independent therapist who makes hotel visits. If she was the latter then I would think she would know how to handle this kind of situation as I would think that Gore was not the first person to pursue a "happy ending".

I did a quick search in my home city and could not find any massage locations on Yelp that offered a visit outside of their facility.

One of them had this policy on their web site.

ANY SEXUAL remarks, misconduct or advances will discontinue the appointment immediately and the full price for the service will still be owed.

I am not saying this did not happen it just seems weird that a professional massage therapist would not be able to handle this situation.

Maybe Al turned on that famous Gore charm.

Even when the accused is the former vice prez? :confused: I'm saying his power could have made people turn a blind eye. We've seen that too many times as well.

I'm not saying I believe her story; I'm saying his power could have had influence were it true.

So is anyone wondering how he procured her services. Was she an employee of the hotel or was she an independent therapist who makes hotel visits. If she was the latter then I would think she would know how to handle this kind of situation as I would think that Gore was not the first person to pursue a "happy ending".

I did a quick search in my home city and could not find any massage locations on Yelp that offered a visit outside of their facility.

One of them had this policy on their web site.

I am not saying this did not happen it just seems weird that a professional massage therapist would not be able to handle this situation.

Maybe Al turned on that famous Gore charm.

Read her statement and you'll have your answers.

Speaking of hypocracy, you have no trouble accusing others of it, yet you make this sweeping statement about Gore. How do you know this as fact? Do you know him personally? Where you the fly in his hotel room wall? Has he made advances towards you or anyone else that you know who confided to you?

Me, I have no clue. He could be a sleazy slimeball or not. I don't know enough to make that judgement.

Read what I said a little more carefully. I said that Gore LIKE MANY FAMOUS PEOPLE feel they are privileged. Are you honestly going to claim that many famous people don't feel like they can do as they please with no consequences ???

I hope you're right, but I can't help but think that someone like Gore would get a pass.

I have first-hand knowledge about the behind-closed-hotel-doors illegal/criminal activities of several well-known and influential people on the world stage. None of them were given a pass; none of their accusers were ignored. Oh sure, the culprits had money and lawyers to keep such incidents out of the press, but they still happened with sickening frequency.

Since you believe that a powerful man can demand anything he wants of a woman with no consequences, including sexual favors, any further discussion is a waste of time.

Wow... strawman much? Where did I say that? Can you point me directly to a quote of myself?

Although, any person can demand any goddamn thing they want any time they want from any person they want. Forcing others to comply with your demands is an entirely different matter, though.

Last edited:
I have first-hand knowledge about the behind-closed-hotel-doors illegal/criminal activities of several well-known and influential people on the world stage. None of them were given a pass; none of their accusers were ignored. Oh sure, the culprits had money and lawyers to keep such incidents out of the press, but they still happened with sickening frequency.

Beyond this, the head of hotel security at most major hotels is usually a gung-ho former cop. They're all about busting people who are doing bad things, and they don't give a rip who gets caught in their sting operations (up to and including hotel management, i.e. more than willing to bite the hands that feed them). If Gore had been accused of unwanted sexual advances at the places I've worked, the heads of security I've dealt with would never have given him a pass.

Even when the accused is the former vice prez? :confused: I'm saying his power could have made people turn a blind eye. We've seen that too many times as well.

I'm not saying I believe her story; I'm saying his power could have had influence were it true.

Not with the heads of hotel security that I've known. Hard-core conservatives types to a one.

Bill Clinton/Paula Jones

next case....

If it doesnt get reported at the time of the incident just what secret magical powers do hotel security guards have to spook out the event and the facts? gads...we should have put them on the trail of Bin laden YEARS ago!

This--without a shadow of a doubt--proves that global warming is nothing but a fabricated myth!!!

What it proves is that Gore made it up to get some booty.

I respect him a little more now ;)

Back
Top Bottom