• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Al Gore Accused of "Unwanted Sexual Contact" in 2006, Authorities Say

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

Former Vice President Al Gore was accused of "unwanted sexual contact" by an unidentified woman in Portland, Ore., in 2006, according to local law-enforcement officials, although no criminal charges were filed. A lawyer representing the woman contacted Portland police in late 2006, according to the office of Multnomah County District Attorney Michael D. Schrunk. However, the woman refused to be interviewed by authorities and said she did not want to pursue a criminal case against Gore.

The woman declined to participate in a criminal investigation because she planned to pursue a civil case at the time, Portland Detective Cheryl Waddell told The Oregonian. ... However, she reported to the police in 2009 that she was repeatedly subjected to unwanted sexual touching while in his presence, according to The Oregonian.

Police investigated the case further that year, according to the district attorney's office, but Gore was still not charged. Police said there was insufficient evidence to support the woman's claims, according to the newspaper. The alleged victim's attorney, Randall Vogt, told The Oregonian that the " file was closed and put to bed and forgotten." The National Enquirer was the first to report the allegations.

Eeesh. The whole story seems a bit strange - her lawyer went to the police in 2006 to complain of a sexual assault, but never did anything about it. Then she herself talked to the police in 2009, but the police never went forward with it. Now in 2010, she's...doing what exactly? It's not clear what precipitated this story.

Either way, the National Enquirer once again breaks a story. Pretty damn impressive.

No way. Everyone knows Al Gore is asexual. :lol:

A woman was subjected to the unsolicited molestation of Al Gore? Perchance, was her name "science"?

I'm surprised at you NYC for posting a story about an accusation that has no proof.

Excelsior!

300px-Algore.jpg

I'm surprised at you NYC for posting a story about an accusation that has no proof.

He has cheated on his wife. Thats not a stretch.

You aren't one of the people who thought slick Willy was innocent until the dress was found are you?

What's particularly surprising about it? Regardless of whether the underlying accusations have merit (and I thought I made my views on that fairly clear), the fact that they exist is inherently noteworthy, as evidenced by the fact that this is on the front page of the NYT, the Wash Post, etc.

It was going to end up here whether I posted it or not, so I figured this would be a better start to the thread than "LOOK WHAT AL LEARNED FROM SLICK WILLY!!!!11"

Its all just a nefarious plot by manbearpig.

You know, the thing that's half man, half bear, half pig.

Odd story that, interesting to see where it goes.

This--without a shadow of a doubt--proves that global warming is nothing but a fabricated myth!!!

That's exactly why the woman in the situation isn't filing real charges or going anywhere with it - there's no proof and it's likely it didn't happen.

I never undersatnd the notion behind waiting for YEARS to report something :shrug: Especially if it's sexual in nature - don't you think that *right after* it happened would be the time in which the victim is driven by emotion.

I also never understood the why people waited years to report something, because if it did happen the evidence is long gone by know. I agree with the rest of the people on this thread that this is no proof that a crime has been committed, or the most likely it never happen in the first place.

Last edited:

Eeesh. The whole story seems a bit strange - her lawyer went to the police in 2006 to complain of a sexual assault, but never did anything about it. Then she herself talked to the police in 2009, but the police never went forward with it. Now in 2010, she's...doing what exactly? It's not clear what precipitated this story.

Either way, the National Enquirer once again breaks a story. Pretty damn impressive.

Jesus christ, learn to read between the lines...

There's nothing here.

That's exactly why the woman in the situation isn't filing real charges or going anywhere with it - there's no proof and it's likely it didn't happen.

I never undersatnd the notion behind waiting for YEARS to report something :shrug: Especially if it's sexual in nature - don't you think that *right after* it happened would be the time in which the victim is driven by emotion.

FWIW, it sounds like she did make some sort of report at the time, but then said she didn't want to go forward with the case for whatever reason.

Jesus christ, learn to read between the lines...

There's nothing here.

Learn to read the thread before posting. Whether or not you or I think there's anything there has no bearing on the fact that for better or worse, this is noteworthy.

If you're so unhappy that this is being treated as news, why not type up a letter of complaint to the NYT and let them know how you feel?

FWIW, it sounds like she did make some sort of report at the time, but then said she didn't want to go forward with the case for whatever reason.

Learn to read the thread before posting. Whether or not you or I think there's anything there has no bearing on the fact that for better or worse, this is noteworthy.

If you're so unhappy that this is being treated as news, why not type up a letter of complaint to the NYT and let them know how you feel?

FWIW, I was going to post the story if it wasn't up here already. ;)

Yeah, I am dubious of her claims. But it is an interesting story.

Paula Jones also held off on bringing forward her complaints. It doesnt mean Bill Clinton DIDNT sit on his couch with his sweatpants around his ankles masturbating with a towel over his unit and then have an aide ask Paula Jones to see him, then when she entered the room...stand up...let the towel drop...and ask her to 'kiss it'. Juanita Broderick told friends right away of the rape...but it didnt come to light til years later. Considering Slicks history...its not unreasonable to believe it happened.

that the woman came forward right away is telling. That she didnt pursue a criminal case could have been the result of any NUMBER of reasons...from the very selfish (she just wanted a civil payday) or froma more practical (the police told her it would be difficult to prosecute...Gore was too popular especially in a state like Oregon...etc). none of that means it DIDNT happen. And of course now we know Gore was banging more than Tippers gong (and MAYBE he wasnt even banging hers...). And just like the Slickster its entirely likely that we may find MORE Goracle babes. Hell, there are enough mindless people on the left that have kneeled and swallowed everything else he fed them...

I also never understood the why people waited years to report something, because if it did happen the evidence is long gone by know. I agree with the rest of the people on this thread that this is no proof that a crime has been committed, or the most likely it never happen in the first place.

Not necessarily. According to the woman's statement, she found stains on her pants when she got home and put them away. She says she still has them and they've never been washed.

Is her story true? No one knows but her and AlGore, but maybe the stains will do him in like they did his former boss.

Paula Jones also held off on bringing forward her complaints. It doesnt mean Bill Clinton DIDNT sit on his couch with his sweatpants around his ankles masturbating with a towel over his unit and then have an aide ask Paula Jones to see him, then when she entered the room...stand up...let the towel drop...and ask her to 'kiss it'. Juanita Broderick told friends right away of the rape...but it didnt come to light til years later. Considering Slicks history...its not unreasonable to believe it happened.

that the woman came forward right away is telling. That she didnt pursue a criminal case could have been the result of any NUMBER of reasons...from the very selfish (she just wanted a civil payday) or froma more practical (the police told her it would be difficult to prosecute...Gore was too popular especially in a state like Oregon...etc). none of that means it DIDNT happen. And of course now we know Gore was banging more than Tippers gong (and MAYBE he wasnt even banging hers...). And just like the Slickster its entirely likely that we may find MORE Goracle babes. Hell, there are enough mindless people on the left that have kneeled and swallowed everything else he fed them...

Let's please try to avoid discussions of the Clintons in this thread.

Or he perpetuated the global warming myth as a diversion to mask his sick sexual desires.

Now that's an impressice conspiracy! Start the whole research into the subject about 50 years before your own birth, get it rolling, then release a major film about it, then BAM. Grab a chick's ass. The perfect crime.

Also, National Inquirer? I mean, really?

eh.......buncha crap, i think.

That's what everyone said when they broke the Edwards' story. They made the lamestream press look pretty foolish on that one.

Now that's an impressice conspiracy! Start the whole research into the subject about 50 years before your own birth, get it rolling, then release a major film about it, then BAM. Grab a chick's ass. The perfect crime.

:lol:

To clarify, the existence of the complaints was first publicized by the National Enquirer. The local PDs have since acknowledged that the complaints were indeed filed and have even released the documents themselves.

Back
Top Bottom