• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Air America - Charitygate

Stinger writes
Originally Posted by AlbqOwl
That's pretty much where I am too, Stinger. I am 100% with gordontravels to not pass judgment before all the facts are in. But I sure don't think we should expect others to tell us what we should believe about those facts.

What more do you need to know? What is it that you have doubts about? Just on what we know there should be outrage. And it can only get worse if criminal charges are filed. Or do you and Gordon believe that ONLY criminal acts are outrageous and anything that skims the law is just A-OK?

Thus far we have information from limited sources and I think a little skepticism as to facts reported is always in order in these things. I have seen so many unfairly and relentlessly accused and smeared by the media and then, when the incriminating information is debunked, the accusations are nevertheless repeated again and again as if such repetition will eventually make them accurate.

I don't know how I could state any more clearly how reprehensible I think the scandal re Air America is. I disagreed with gordon who seemed to put his faith into whatever investigation is in progress. (I think such investigations are quickly deep sixed if somebody has motive to do that.) I want those of us with a voice on the internet to keep the pressure on for the matter to be investigated.

Where I ageed with gordon is that we should not presume to pass judgment on who is guilty until the investigation is completed.

Where exactly do you disagree with me?

AlbqOwl said:
Thus far we have information from limited sources and I think a little skepticism as to facts reported is always in order in these things.

Actually it comes from pretty reliable sources, the NY DOI, the AD, AA itself. Certain facts are known, and they are disgusting.

I have seen so many unfairly and relentlessly accused and smeared by the media and then

Funny you should say that when the MSM is virtually ignoring this, so far from the last report the NYT has not published ONE WORD, that in itself is an outrage.

I don't know how I could state any more clearly how reprehensible I think the scandal re Air America is.

Glad we agree on that.

I disagreed with gordon who seemed to put his faith into whatever investigation is in progress. (I think such investigations are quickly deep sixed if somebody has motive to do that.)

As far as criminal charges and judicial sanctions, yes we will have to wait. But this holding back of our own personal outrage over what has happened here is certainly not called for.

I want those of us with a voice on the internet to keep the pressure on for the matter to be investigated.

Absoulutely, you won't see NBC, CBS nor ABC covering it and THAT is an OUTRAGE.

Where I ageed with gordon is that we should not presume to pass judgment on who is guilty until the investigation is completed.

For criminal and judicial sanctions I have stated that all along, but we need no futher information to see what a sham this was and what a rip off of the taxpayer.

Where exactly do you disagree with me?

I'd probably just urge you to not withold your outrage, it's the only way to get something done about this.

I know. NewsMax is generally conservative but a story is a story and if you don't like to see it on a conservative site then look for it on a liberal site or maybe even a fair and balanced site. You may be able to find it from Sunday's "Morning Journal" on C-span where it originated. I just don't think you will find this in the mass media:

The founder of Air America and Chicago venture capitalist, Sheldon Drobny, when asked if Clinton/Gore had tried to help Air America told C-span, "They helped us." "How they helped us was to make introductions to a lot of good people," "Especially Al Gore, who introduced me to Al Franken. . . . He was my dream franchise player when we first conceived of the [radio] idea. And Vice President Gore was very helpful in making the introductions."

As far as the help they got for Air America from Clinton/Gore? He said, "They didn't bring any major funding to the table." "I mean, we really had to work hard to make believers out of even liberals,"

When Mr. Drobny was asked about the Air America/Boys and Girls Club "loan" he said he couldn't discuss the matter. He did say, "That particular transaction occurred with the previous ownership," "And I cannot legally talk about it although I'd love to. But that was not our loan, it was a loan to the previous owners."

This may or may not be true depending on whether the loan was made through the corporation under it's by-laws or if it was outside the corporate doors and of a personal nature. I guess the investigation goes on.
:duel :cool:

Air America is on its last gasp.....Conservatives like Limbaugh and Hannity are smashing them in the ratings.Their ratings are way down and their financial support is drying up.............

I give them another 3 months on the air.........

If conservative thinking leads to your comments about Cindy Sheehan's mother which you still ignore in my other posts then I say conservative is not what I would take seriously. I made a comment that has been ignored by you. I find that disappointing. I'm sure you would expect a reply from me so I know you understand it goes both ways. :duel :cool:

Back
Top Bottom