• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

AIPAC Operatives Run Deceptive Attack Ads Against Bernie Sanders

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This week, the political action committee affiliated with Mark Mellman’s new group, the Democratic Majority for Israel, is spending at least $800,000 on ad buys in Iowa to go after presidential hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who is polling as the frontrunner for Monday’s early-state caucus. At least one of the ads mentions Sanders’s heart attack. The ad campaign, which the Daily Beast initially reported Monday, is the first attacking Sanders by name so far in either of his presidential campaigns.

The Democratic Majority for Israel was created in January 2019 as an arm of AIPAC to address the Democratic Party's move toward supporting Palestinian rights, said progressive Jewish advocacy group IfNotNow's founder Emily Mayer.

"AIPAC created the Democratic Majority for Israel because they know they're losing ground in the Democratic Party," said Mayer. "The vast majority of Democrats agree that our country should not give a blank check to Israel if the Israeli government continues the violence of the occupation and to deny Palestinians basic freedom and dignity."

In one commercial, which begins airing across Iowa Wednesday, a number of Iowans express their hesitance at supporting the Vermont senator's bid for a number of reasons, including a heart attack Sanders suffered in October.

DMFI’s ties to AIPAC run deep, including a lucrative relationship between the lobby group and Mellman’s consulting firm.

On Friday, DMFI PAC, which put out the anti-Sanders ad, released its donor list in a Federal Election Committee filing. The donor rolls include several overlaps with major AIPAC funders and activists. Though Mellman has denied that his new group is affiliated with the flagship Israel lobby, DMFI’s ties to AIPAC run deep, including a lucrative relationship between the lobby group and Mellman’s consulting firm.

The largest DMFI PAC donor in January, energy executive Stacy Schusterman, made a $995,000 donation; she is an AIPAC national council member, according to her family foundation website. Laura Lauder — the wife of Gary Mark Lauder, who gave DMFI PAC half a million dollars — is listed as an AIPAC Northwest regional board member on her foundation’s site. And Milton Cooper, an AIPAC National real estate committee member, contributed $140,000 to DMFI PAC. Schusterman and Cooper, for their parts, have mixed records of making political contributions to Republicans as well as Democrats. Some of the other donors listed in the DMFI PAC’s FEC disclosure also have AIPAC affiliations. (Reached for comment, Lauder bemoaned that some politicians were not “fully informed” about Israel, but demurred when asked if he meant Sanders. Schusterman and Cooper could not be reached by press time.)

Centrist Dem Mark Mellman’s Pro-Israel Group Attacks Sanders

'Out of Touch' Pro-Israel Group Criticized for Ads Hitting Bernie Sanders on Electability | Common Dreams News

People who ask why AIPAC receives so much scrutiny should dig deeper into the organization. They're spending $800,000 in Iowa alone, to run deceptive ads under a bogus name, for the purpose of attacking Bernie Sanders' health. They don't care about the health of Sanders, they only care that Sanders won't be as generous about supporting Israel as Trump has been. These are Americans, acting on the behalf of a foreign country, to soil the public image of an American running for President. Why is this ok?

People who ask why AIPAC receives so much scrutiny should dig deeper into the organization. They're spending $800,000 in Iowa alone, to run deceptive ads under a bogus name, for the purpose of attacking Bernie Sanders' health. They don't care about the health of Sanders, they only care that Sanders won't be as generous about supporting Israel as Trump has been. These are Americans, acting on the behalf of a foreign country, to soil the public image of an American running for President. Why is this ok?

Hmmmm

If AIPAC operatives actually ran deceptive attack ads against Bernie Sanders you should be able to point out what is actually deceptive.

First link doesn't use the term deceptive.

Nor does the second.

The only thing is an opinion by James J. Zogby.

James J. Zogby is the founder and president of the Arab American Institute, an organization that claims it is a political and policy research arm of the Arab-American community.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In a country where the rule of law prevailed, AIPAC would be forced to register under FARA, but this is not such a country.

Hmmmm

If AIPAC operatives actually ran deceptive attack ads against Bernie Sanders you should be able to point out what is actually deceptive.

AIPAC didn't run attack ads against Sanders, instead they poured money into starting a bogus group called The Democratic Majority for Israel, which ran the ads. AIPAC doesn't want to attach their name to a smear campaign designed to use red herring arguments to hurt Bernie's public opinion. The word deceptive stands.

First link doesn't use the term deceptive.

Nor does the second.

I didn't say they did. My analysis of DMFI is that it's deceptive.

The only thing is an opinion by James J. Zogby.

James J. Zogby is the founder and president of the Arab American Institute, an organization that claims it is a political and policy research arm of the Arab-American community.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Why did a Republican Jewish group tweet support for DMFI, and then delete the Tweet? Probably because they don't want to answer questions about why a Republican organization would act as a mouthpiece for a Dem PAC. More deception.

What's your problem with Arabs?

In a country where the rule of law prevailed, AIPAC would be forced to register under FARA, but this is not such a country.

It's OK man, they're our allies, they can lie to us and cheat us. That's what allies do.

AIPAC didn't run attack ads against Sanders, instead they poured money into starting a bogus group called The Democratic Majority for Israel, which ran the ads. AIPAC doesn't want to attach their name to a smear campaign designed to use red herring arguments to hurt Bernie's public opinion. The word deceptive stands.

I didn't say they did. My analysis of DMFI is that it's deceptive.

Why did a Republican Jewish group tweet support for DMFI, and then delete the Tweet? Probably because they don't want to answer questions about why a Republican organization would act as a mouthpiece for a Dem PAC. More deception.

What's your problem with Arabs?

So, you can't point out what is "deceptive" in the ad you called deceptive.

And you called the ads deceptive in your title.

Someone spending their time and money demonizing Israel may not be the most unbiased observer in this case.

Imagine making “Jews,” “Jewish,” “Xion,” “Zion," “Jude” and "Israel" your google news alerts.

Imagine making “Jews,” “Jewish,” “Xion,” “Zion," “Jude” and "Israel" your google news alerts.

You sound like a member of ISIS.

So, you can't point out what is "deceptive" in the ad you called deceptive.

And you called the ads deceptive in your title.

Someone spending their time and money demonizing Israel may not be the most unbiased observer in this case.

The ads are deceptive because while claiming to represent the interests of Democrats who support Israel, they're really representing AIPAC, which isn't especially aligned with Democrats.

The ads show people saying they're worried about Bernie Sanders health, yet it's really his stance on foreign policy that they are against.

The ads and the PAC itself is deceptive.

The ads are deceptive because while claiming to represent the interests of Democrats who support Israel, they're really representing AIPAC, which isn't especially aligned with Democrats.

The ads show people saying they're worried about Bernie Sanders health, yet it's really his stance on foreign policy that they are against.

The ads and the PAC itself is deceptive.

There are no Democrats that support Israel?

You are mistaken.

As to his health.

No one is concerned?

I believe you are mistaken again.

You called the ADs deceptive. You really haven't proven it.

Oh, wait....

I know what the problem is.

JOOOZ

There are no Democrats that support Israel?

Strawman.

You are mistaken.

As to his health.

No one is concerned?

Strawman, deflection attempt to debate Bernie's health.

I believe you are mistaken again.

You called the ADs deceptive. You really haven't proven it.

Oh, wait....

I know what the problem is.

JOOOZ

Is it? Is that why you lie, deflect, create stupid scenarios that aren't plausible such as 'maybe they spent $800k on ads because they're worried about Bernie's health', and act like a fool?

I higly doubt the op cares about Bernie Sanders. In fact the op is a great example of projection.

I higly doubt the op cares about Bernie Sanders. In fact the op is a great example of projection.

He's the only Dem candidate that I like. I'm not crazy about some of his ideas, but I respect him as a person. They've repeatedly tried to cheat him of his right to compete.

He's the only Dem candidate that I like. I'm not crazy about some of his ideas, but I respect him as a person. They've repeatedly tried to cheat him of his right to compete.

Your candidate was Gabbard and you were happily trotting out worn out conspiracy theories of how the DNC was oppressing brave miss Tulsi! Lets not pretend you have a shred of credibility ;) :lamo

Looking at the results, it seems AIPAC isn't very successful.

Looking at the results, it seems AIPAC isn't very successful.

I kno right? Its almost like the op is looking for an excuse to say **** he would get banned for!

should let it all out, that one.

Hey if anything i never hide just what i believe and have eaten some bans without complaint. Anyone who says what they actually believe is miles ahead of the op.

Didn't read it? What if I told you Glenn Greenwald is a furry, and his spirit animal is a gay cheetah?

I would continue to laugh hysterically :lamo

Is that all you got op? You think you are going to get under my skin by trying to use furry as an insult? :lamo

Strawman.

Strawman, deflection attempt to debate Bernie's health.

Is it? Is that why you lie, deflect, create stupid scenarios that aren't plausible such as 'maybe they spent $800k on ads because they're worried about Bernie's health', and act like a fool?

Still waiting.....

Back
Top Bottom