• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ain't Capitalism great!

Free market capitalism is one of the best methods for driving innovation and spreading out wealth as much as possible. We have corporate capitalism, which is a different beast all together. It's a closed system that fuses corporations and state into the Corporate State. Under Corporate Capitalism, economic mobility dwindles, wealth disparity grows, corporate welfare abounds, regular welfare has to take off too since wealth disparity grows more and more people are destitute. But it's all part of the same plan to subjugate as many people to the Corporate State as possible. You'll see the emergence of a new aristocracy which will run pretty much everything continually and as the former Republic looses more and more touch with the People, the government will stop acting for the People and act almost exclusively for the aristocrats and corporations.
I'm not sure how free market capitalism can prevent corporate capitalism.

At the core of the free market, everything is for sale - even judges and politicians.

At the core of the free market, everything is for sale - even judges and politicians.
Corporate capitalism maintains its power via special protection from the government.

Capitalism has led to ground-breaking medical discoveries, which have greatly increased our life expectancies. It has led to scientific discoveries and technological advancements, which have contributed to our higher standard of living. The poorest people of the Western world are better off than 80% of the world's population.

Poor people in the Western world can afford cell phones, flat screen tv's, refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, etc..

Capitalism has done more good for poor people, middle class people, and rich people than any other economic system.

You go to a four-year college, take out a fat loan to pay for it, and learn a specialized-in-demand skill.

You get laid off because said skill became obsolete inside of 10 years.

You're back in college to take out a new loan to learn a new skill in the next in-demand industry which is looking to hire fewer workers than the previous industry.

* Said skill becomes obsolete inside of 5 years.

Rinse, repeat. Now you're out on the unemployment line in 2 years.

Exactly how is this going to benefit the working class which corporate America relies on to consume their goods and services...?

* We're at that point now.

Please define your terms. What is capitalism?

You go to a four-year college, take out a fat loan to pay for it, and learn a specialized-in-demand skill.

You're back in college to take out a new loan to learn a new skill in the next in-demand industry which is looking to hire fewer workers than the previous industry.

Exactly how is this going to benefit the working class which corporate America relies on to consume their goods and services...?

It's not going to benefit anyone. That's why the intelligent people don't get degrees that are so specialized. They look for degree programs that have a wider, though still focused, endpoint. They also don't look to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a higher level of education than the work requires.

I'll use myself as an example: I have an Associates of Science degree in Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD). I spent about $40K on that degree back in 2002-2004. I knew that I wanted to work in the architectural field at the end, but I made sure that I had a solid electro-mechanical background as well when I graduated. Now, almost 20 years later I'm making more than $35 an hour working in my field for a utility company. It's not where I expected to be, but it is where I ended up, and I haven't had to go back to school to retrain myself, and I walked out of college with a grand total of $2000 in debt, which is long since paid off.

Why're you blaming this on Capitalism, instead of silly regulations that require degrees for so many trades, and colleges that produce such shoddy products?

yes, Capitalism is great...

not sure what that has to do with a person getting college degrees that can't translate to sustained employment though.

I weep for the lost milk men and buggy whip makers, and of course those who want to hold back progress to keep these folks employed.

Judges and politicians are already bought. But free market does require a small but proper amount of regulation to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom