• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

...aide to John Durham's Trump-Russia investigation, quietly resigns amid concern about pressure fr

Durham should come up with a report before the election

Don't worry, Trump and Barr are demanding it. That's called pressure. That's why she resigned. What are they going to do since they don't have shi*? Lie some more?

Trump will be elected so you may as well count on it and get used to him as president.

No chance in hell will Trump be re-elected. Not after the Woodward interview revealing Trump to be a psychopath.

Shocking, no

Durham is being pressed to violate DOJ Policy and announcing investigations/innuendo 60 days prior to an election

And those on the right cheer it on

Now consider election results will be delayed due to mail in ballots- so if close, Trump will use it to sow more lies and hate

Delayed results- Trump will state election fraud

Last edited:
Don't worry, Trump and Barr are demanding it. That's called pressure. That's why she resigned. What are they going to do since they don't have shi*? Lie some more?

The objective of Durham is to find "sh**-- that is to say, the sh** that led to the Obama Admin to think that the Trump campaign was conspiring with Russia.
And then to launch not just a a counter-intelligence, but also a criminal investigation into the campaign.
I would think that you would want him to find something that was not forged to justify it.

Shocking, no

Durham is being pressed to violate DOJ Policy and announcing investigations/innuendo 60 days prior to an election

And those on the right cheer it on

Now consider election results will be delayed due to mail in ballots- so if close, Trump will use it to sow more lies and hate

Delayed results- Trump will state election fraud

There is no such policy.
There is an unofficial policy that the DOJ should take great care in such a circumstance with candidates for office.
But Barr has already said that Biden is not under investigation and I do not believe anyone else who was in the government 2016- to Mueller's appointment in 2017 is running for office. So the concern is moot.

Well, we dont know why she resigned, but I think in general, its a good thing to resolve all issues in one election before holding the next one. MUeller dragged on too long and so is this one. Wrap it up already.

No chance in hell will Trump be re-elected. Not after the Woodward interview revealing Trump to be a psychopath.

Don't get complacent.
I'm treating this election as a 90 percent chance Trump will attempt things never imagined by anyone in recorded history to get his cheats to work.
We will be seeing footage from polling places in swing states that will make the dogs of Birmingham look like a Cub Scout outing.
Only this time it won't have to wait for the 6 o'clock news, it will be in real time, and the whole world will be watching.

There is no such policy.
There is an unofficial policy that the DOJ should take great care in such a circumstance with candidates for office.
But Barr has already said that Biden is not under investigation and I do not believe anyone else who was in the government 2016- to Mueller's appointment in 2017 is running for office. So the concern is moot.

Wrong
Barr Ignores Settled Justice Department Policies in Run-Up to 2020 Elections

Publicly Discussing Criminal Investigations

The Justice Department’s longstanding policy against any public discussion of criminal investigations is based on the principle that no one under investigation by the department should be tainted by public discussion of the investigation unless and until formal criminal charges are filed.

According to Rule 1-7.400 in the Department of Justice Manual, “DOJ generally will not confirm the existence of or otherwise comment about ongoing investigations.” The Rule, further states, “DOJ personnel shall not respond to questions about the existence of an ongoing investigation or comment on its nature or progress before charges are publicly filed.” (Given that several past investigations, including one by the DOJ’s own Inspector General, concluded that the Russia investigation was justified, there is no basis for applying the narrow exemption to this Rule that “the community needs to be reassured that the appropriate law enforcement agency is investigating a matter.”)

Don't get complacent.
I'm treating this election as a 90 percent chance Trump will attempt things never imagined by anyone in recorded history to get his cheats to work.
We will be seeing footage from polling places in swing states that will make the dogs of Birmingham look like a Cub Scout outing.
Only this time it won't have to wait for the 6 o'clock news, it will be in real time, and the whole world will be watching.
Sorry, I believe your 90% is already 100%, as we see with CERTAIN GOP Senators investigating Biden, as we see with Barr signaling he’ll have a ‘Comey’ surprise soon.

That Barr believes Chinese interference is worse than Russian interference in our elections, completely ignoring the report from the Senate committee.

If we regurgitated everything Trump has done wrong just on election cheating alone, we’d never have time to hit ‘submit reply’. Do you and I make a difference here?

Excerpted from my earlier post on another thread....

News of today's resignation is just another bowling pin knocked down by "Trump's Roy Cohn", Atty General William Barr...

Where were we.. oh yes, I remember now.

Judge Sullivan Amicus John Gleeson Lays Out How DOJ Is Arguing Against DOJ, then Invokes Barr's Other Interference | emptywheel

...Gleeson is exploiting DOJ’s failures to address his claims. he’s probably right.
GLEESON EXPANDS THE RECORD TO INCLUDE SOLID EVIDENCE OF PROSECUTORIAL ABUSE

Sullivan.. will not order further discovery in this case. But Gleeson got three key pieces of additional information into his brief. He cited the SSCI Report describing why Flynn’s lies were material.
In its bipartisan report assessing Russia’s interference with the 2016 presidential election, the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee similarly concluded that the “series of communications between Flynn and Kislyak” on sanctions was relevant to assessing “what Moscow sought to gain and the counterintelligence vulnerabilities associated with the Transition.” ..
He pointed to Aaron Zelinsky’s testimony describing how Billy Barr personally intervened to sabotage the Roger Stone prosecution.
Most notably, there is now concrete evidence of another prosecutorial decision infected by “heavy pressure from the highest levels of the Department of Justice . . . based on political considerations.” ... (statement of Aaron S.J. Zelinsky, Assistant U.S. Att’y), Perma | judiciary.house.gov. This prosecutorial decision concerned the Government’s sentencing recommendation for Roger Stone, another well-connected political ally of the President who committed serious crimes. There, as here, the President publicly assailed the Department of Justice for pursuing the prosecution. And there, as here, the Department of Justice succumbed to that corrupt pressure— though only after all four career prosecutors resigned from the case. As one of those career prosecutors later testified, senior officials at the Department of Justice exerted “significant pressure” to go easy on Stone, against the record of the case, customary prosecutorial practice, and departmental policy. Id. at 2. This occurred “because of [Stone’s] relationship to the President,” id., and “because the U.S. Attorney”—who also signed the Rule 48(a) motion in these proceedings—“was ‘afraid of the President,’” id. at 10.11
And he used that to invoke the case of Geoffrey Berman.
11 Perhaps those officials had reason to worry: the President recently fired a prominent and wellrespected U.S. Attorney who was investigating his associates. See Paul Le Blanc et al., White House Admits Trump Was Involved in Firing of Top US Attorney After Trump Claimed He Wasn’t, CNN (June 22, 2020), Perma | White House admits Trump involved in firing of top US attorney after Trump claimed he wasn't - CNNPolitics .

Had he waited a few hours, he could have cited how John Durham’s deputy, Nora Dannehy, just resigned in part because of political pressure.
..he has succeeded in establishing a record that Billy Barr’s own DOJ disagrees with him.

Don't get complacent.

Just watched Rudy G. appearance on Chris Cuomo's 9:00 PM EDT nightly hour on CNN, invited by Cuomo to remember 9/11 and Rudy's mayoral "leadership".

Rudy spun the Woodward revelations in a manner most favorable to Trump. Cuomo attempted to keep it real by reminding Rudy over and over that he purpose
of Rudy's appearance was related to 9/11. It got heated but stayed cordial.

"The Mooch" came on next and agreed that Trump and Rudy inhabit an alternate universe.

From the article.

Dannehy, a highly regarded prosecutor who has worked with or for Durham for decades, informed colleagues in the U.S. Attorney’s office in New Haven of her resignation from the Department of Justice by email Thursday evening. The short email was a brief farewell message and said nothing about political pressure, her work for Durham or what the Durham team has produced, according to people who received it.

Durham, who has never even acknowledged that Dannehy was in Washington working for him, had no immediate comment on the resignation.
Until I read your post I didn’t even bother to read the article. Having read it I’m wondering how the report supports the headline. Should I read it a few more times?

LOL. Says the side who was the benefit of numerous leaks from investigations of Trump before the final report was made. You can sure dish it out but don't want to take it.

The FBI kept it's investigation of the Trump campaign/Russian operatives totally secret until well after the election while reporting on the reopening of Hillary's email investigation 2 weeks before the vote.

Back
Top Bottom