• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ahmed Mohamed Explains 'Really Simple' Clock on 'Nightly Show'

That's nice. Students don't know what bombs look like.

A clock attached to a case, .... Bomb. It should be obvious his only real intent with this so called "invention".

A clock attached to a case, .... Bomb. It should be obvious his only real intent with this so called "invention".

That's utterly ****ing absurd.

This:
0916ahmedclock.jpg

Plus:
turbomodule.jpg

Plus:
31255__65429.1400764152.320.513.jpg

Plus:
048441221813.jpg

Equals:
dalla-gas-explosion-0558335000.jpg

Any Questions?

Sure, I got some questions. Namely, where was all that other stuff? His locker?

You guys are making fools of yourselves.

No, your local hardware store, or even a thrift shop. any electric start grill and some flammable liquid.

I find it entertaining when people who are ignorant on simple electronics try to lecture us non-luddites about technology.

When that clock in a box alarm is triggered it completes a circuit.

You add that to something like this:

k2-_02c88a3c-5f9f-4ffb-9e5a-15bc106d1b63.v1.jpg

and any flammable liquid and you have a bomb.

That part is 15 bucks at Walmart.

Attach speaker outputs to the switching mechanism on the igniter, when alarm sounds the circuit is completed which in turn will activate that igniter which inturn starts making sparks.

I am not saying that was his intention, I am sure it wasn't. But, would you want the school to do nothing if they saw that thing?

No, your local hardware store, or even a thrift shop. any electric start grill and some flammable liquid.

I find it entertaining when people who are ignorant on simple electronics try to lecture us non-luddites about technology.

When that clock in a box alarm is triggered it completes a circuit.

You add that to something like this:

k2-_02c88a3c-5f9f-4ffb-9e5a-15bc106d1b63.v1.jpg

and any flammable liquid and you have a bomb.

That part is 15 bucks at Walmart.

Attach speaker outputs to the switching mechanism on the igniter, when alarm sounds the circuit is completed.

I am not saying that was his intention, I am sure it wasn't. But, would you want the school to do nothing if they saw that thing?

So your argument is "take what he had and add a bunch of stuff he didn't have, and you have a bomb." And pointing out how breathtakingly stupid that is makes me a "luddite." Okay. :roll:

Please link to the post where I said "do nothing."

So your argument is "take what he had and add a bunch of stuff he didn't have, and you have a bomb." And pointing out how breathtakingly stupid that is makes me a "luddite." Okay. :roll:

Please link to the post where I said "do nothing."

The point is to show how easy it would be to turn that into a bomb with a couple things, that's it.

What would you have done?

How come this kid didn't get any swag?
Alexandria cops bust 10-year-old for bringing toy gun to school | Washington Examiner

liberals, luddites and their fake causes. smh

The point is to show how easy it would be to turn that into a bomb with a couple things, that's it.

Alexandria cops bust 10-year-old for bringing toy gun to school | Washington Examiner

liberals, luddites and their fake causes. smh

Where was the kid going to get the stuff to turn his not-bomb into a bomb? Was he going to drive to Radio Shack during recess?

C'mon, indulge the "luddite."

Where was the kid going to get the stuff to turn his not-bomb into a bomb? Was he going to drive to Radio Shack during recess?

That's not the point. The point is you people cackling "ITS NOT A BOMBZZZZZ ISALMOPHOBIAZZZZ@@@@!!!!!" got duped, and when the facts come out you choose to remain duped.

You ignored:

Why did you ignore?

That's not the point. The point is you people cackling "ITS NOT A BOMBZZZZZ ISALMOPHOBIAZZZZ@@@@!!!!!" got duped, and when the facts come out you choose to remain duped.

You ignored:

Why did you ignore?

Got "duped" by WHAT?

You don't see the difference between a toy gun (which actually LOOKS LIKE A ****ING GUN) and this clock that only "looks like a bomb" to James Bond enthusiasts?

Got "duped" by WHAT?

You don't see the difference between a toy gun (which actually LOOKS LIKE A ****ING GUN) and this clock that only "looks like a bomb" to James Bond enthusiasts?

Toy gun with clear orange markings indicating it's a toy....

Do you know why, a bomb maker might take a clock apart and put it into such a case?

I'll give you three guesses.

I've got matches in my pocket.

According to the latest connie clockadoodles, I've got "half a bomb" right at this very moment.

All I need is...other stuff. and *boom!*

:lol:

I've got matches in my pocket.

According to the latest connie clockadoodles, I've got "half a bomb" right at this very moment.

All I need is...other stuff. and *boom!*

:lol:

McCulloch Academy student suspended for bringing lighter that resembled gun to school | MLive.com

Outrage of the Week: Boy Suspended for Lighter He Found on Way to School | Free Range Kids

"Boy Suspended for Lighter He Found on Way to School" - Overlawyered

NJ fifth-grader suspended for bringing a foam 'bullet' to school, says mom | Fox News

Foam bullet from a nerf gun.

Where is your outrage?

And looky even at a techy sciency school.

Where is your outrage?

Kid showed his case to one teacher who told him he shouldn't bring things like that to school and to put it in his locker, he disobeyed and instead went teacher-shopping until he got someone to react in a particular way, father is an islamist activist, the town has featured a significant campaign by local islamist elements against the city government, the family had CAIR on the phone and putting out a statement before they even heard from or contacted the school board....

I said in the beginning that the reaction was stupid, but this looks pretty much like a set up, Kobie.

:shrug: and it went viral and the kid got invited to the White House. Tell you what. You try to sneak in a case full of wired-together circuits connected to a countdown device into the White House during a tour. Whatcha wanna bet the reaction against you is "islamophobic"? ;)

Kid showed his case to one teacher who told him he shouldn't bring things like that to school and to put it in his locker, he disobeyed and instead went teacher-shopping until he got someone to react in a particular way, father is an islamist activist, the town has featured a significant campaign by local islamist elements against the city government, the family had CAIR on the phone and putting out a statement before they even heard from or contacted the school board....

I said in the beginning that the reaction was stupid, but this looks pretty much like a set up, Kobie.

:shrug: and it went viral and the kid got invited to the White House. Tell you what. You try to sneak in a case full of wired-together circuits connected to a countdown device into the White House during a tour. Whatcha wanna bet the reaction against you is "islamophobic"? ;)

Another oddity.... why isn't the media hounding the school for comments? Why aren't they going at it like it was kim davis... something stinks.

I love how apparently the dangerous part of a bomb is now the timer rather than the explosive material. God knows how many lives have been lost from big rig accidents carrying a load of alarm clocks.
This incident hopefully makes schools more aware of the hazards of lunchboxes. Just put a couple pounds of off the shelf household nitroglycerin inside and you have yourself a bomb. ReverendHellh0und would have to admit its even simpler than turning a clock into a bomb, obviously making it that much more dangerous.

I also look forward to him explaining about the melanin content from brown skin and the resonant vibration of praying towards mecca form a potent oxidizer capable of turning anything into weapon capable of destroying America.

Or maybe the "tech geniuses" in this thread are laughably blinded by prejudice.

I love how apparently the dangerous part of a bomb is now the timer rather than the explosive material. God knows how many lives have been lost from big rig accidents carrying a load of alarm clocks.

That is a dumb strawman my friend.

This incident hopefully makes schools more aware of the hazards of lunchboxes. Just put a couple pounds of off the shelf household nitroglycerin inside and you have yourself a bomb. ReverendHellh0und would have to admit its even simpler than turning a clock into a bomb, obviously making it that much more dangerous.

"lunchbox of NitroGlycerin?"

I see we are doing some sort of free thought exercise or something...

I also look forward to him explaining about the melanin content from brown skin and the resonant vibration of praying towards mecca form a potent oxidizer capable of turning anything into weapon capable of destroying America.

I'm not a racist, Only racists are concerned with his skin color.

I'm not a bigot, Only bigots concern themselves with his religion.

You should concern yourselves less with these facets of this story.

Or maybe the "tech geniuses" in this thread are laughably blinded by prejudice.

That's stupid, bro.

You made his color, religion an issue, I don't even factor that in. I factor in the facts in this case.

I think making his color and religion as you have done in this giant strawman, is rather racist and bigoted. Don't do that.

That is a dumb strawman my friend.

Actually, he makes a good point. Are American teachers so dumb that they can't recognize the difference between a printed circuit board and a bomb? I think the explanation for that is that the only "bombs" Americans see are backwards counting digital displays on stupid TV shows. A bomb needn't have a display to work, that is just what is used to create tension for the TV audience. What a bomb MUST have is some explosive material, which a clock is sorely lacking.

Maybe he got in trouble for making his teachers feel insecure about their glaringly poor understanding of the technical. I think HE taught THEM a thing or two.

"lunchbox of NitroGlycerin?"

Yes, that lunchbox full of nitro would constitute an ACTUAL bomb, a real explosive device.

I see we are doing some sort of free thought exercise or something...

Are you saying that because you really don't understand the distinction or are you playing dumb?

I'm not a racist, Only racists are concerned with his skin color.

I'm not a bigot, Only bigots concern themselves with his religion.

You should concern yourselves less with these facets of this story.

What if some little asian kid built a digital clock? Would anyone think it was terrorism, or would they say "There's a future engineer"? I believe you are being deliberately naive about the attitudes that exist toward people of Middle Eastern descent.

That's stupid, bro.

You made his color, religion an issue, I don't even factor that in. I factor in the facts in this case.

The facts are, he's a brown kid with a Muslim name and our country is at war with a certain brand of Islam.

The most racist one in the room is the guy who claims to be color blind. If you are deliberately denying that you ever notice physical and cultural differences in people, you are hiding something. EVERYONE notices. The question is to what extent you allow your animal instincts to control your thoughts and actions.

I think making his color and religion as you have done in this giant strawman, is rather racist and bigoted. Don't do that.

Are you saying that Rathi made that kid brown and a Muslim just to prove a point? Funny, I blame genetics for the former and his parents for the latter but, as they say, to each his own.

Actually, he makes a good point. Are American teachers so dumb that they can't recognize the difference between a printed circuit board and a bomb? I think the explanation for that is that the only "bombs" Americans see are backwards counting digital displays on stupid TV shows. A bomb needn't have a display to work, that is just what is used to create tension for the TV audience. What a bomb MUST have is some explosive material, which a clock is sorely lacking.

If I make a flag that kinda looks like a swastika, do you think people would take exception?

The perception causes the alarm, right or wrong, texas law says you can't do that.

And It's not just teachers...

Of course if I was there, I could immediately point out the missing parts. But I would also point out this is a two way street, ahmmed knows what tv "bombs" look like and he attempted to emulate this.

Maybe he got in trouble for making his teachers feel insecure about their glaringly poor understanding of the technical. I think HE taught THEM a thing or two.

Not really, I wonde why no media is camped out trying to interview the teachers... odd that.

Yes, that lunchbox full of nitro would constitute an ACTUAL bomb, a real explosive device.

I looked on amazon, I could not purchase.

Are you saying that because you really don't understand the distinction or are you playing dumb?

I simply was far to apathetic reading that post to bother.

What if some little asian kid built a digital clock? Would anyone think it was terrorism, or would they say "There's a future engineer"? I believe you are being deliberately naive about the attitudes that exist toward people of Middle Eastern descent.

You and your ilk are the ones making that connection, not the school, not the police, you.

Teen Jailed for Rap Lyrics Posted After Boston Bombings | WIRED
"Pop Tart" suspension should be upheld, school official says - CBS News
New York high school student suspended for NRA pro-2nd Amendment T-shirt | Fox News
Student Charged After Refusing To Remove NRA Shirt
10-year-old suspended over finger gun - CNN.com
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/06/6-year-old-fingers-shape-of-gun-suspended_n_6813864.html

Then There is this kid, remember when we showered him with free swag? me neither:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...or-bringing-toy-gun-to-school/article/2520632

The facts are, he's a brown kid with a Muslim name and our country is at war with a certain brand of Islam.

Facts not in evidence, it's you who are concerned with his religion/race.

The most racist one in the room is the guy who claims to be color blind. If you are deliberately denying that you ever notice physical and cultural differences in people, you are hiding something. EVERYONE notices. The question is to what extent you allow your animal instincts to control your thoughts and actions.

Strawman, never said I didn't notice differences, It's simply that I don't view muslims in general as mad bomb makers like you seem everyone but the left does.

Are you saying that Rathi made that kid brown and a Muslim just to prove a point? Funny, I blame genetics for the former and his parents for the latter but, as they say, to each his own.

No what I am saying is racists on the left are using the poor islamic boy as a bat to accuse thier opposition as they have been doing incessantly for the last 8 or so years of racism.

You and your ilk salivate for dumb stories like this (while ignoring the ones I linked to), because you found a brown kid to try to beat over others heads.

It's stupid, it's old, and it's a case of the "boy who cried wold". calling me racist for pointing out the technological facts of this story along with his individual behaviors carries no weight. It's a sad reality ofthe PC liberal left world who has gone nuts with this garbage, while using who they are supposedly speaking up for as props.

I'm sure you don't recognize it Rev "HellHound", but you are way out of proportion defensive. Way. Way/ -- and I am certain you don't know how much reveals you are showing.

So much the better.

The funny thing about this absolute ****show of a thread whining about how this 14 year old isnt as good as other 14 year olds is that Rev HH is the one who just admitted to running a copyright fraud ring in the US (a top 'warez' BBS) as a teenager, showing who is really the criminal element here.

I don't think American teachers are dumb, but I do think the kid's bringing his contraption to another class after a teacher told him to put it away was dumb.

Whether the teachers were "smart" enough to "appreciate" his work isn't really relevant; he brought a contraption to school that looked to the casual eye like a bomb.

I don't care what race/color/religion he was, and I am appalled that this "useful idiot" kid was exploited by his father and by the President who once again seized on what he thought was an opportunity.

Don't make this about race or religion--it's about a kid who brought what looked like a bomb to school.

You actually think he knows what any of those are, and how to integrate them into his "inventions"?
Show me ONE thing he "invented" that does something the thing he took it from differently.

While it's doubtful he knows how to program them directly, with the popularity of arduino, it wouldn't be that unreasonable to think he's soldered his own Atmega microcontrollers then used other people's code.

What does any of that actually matter though? Let's say worst case scenario he knows nothing about electronics and just ripped up a clock. So? Where's the crime?

Geeze, Enough with the race baiting BS from the left.

This kid is a fraud. This was the "clock" he brought to school.

According to reports, his electronics teacher looked at it and warned the kid not to show it to anybody. Who uses a case like that to reassemble a dismantled Radio Shack clock?

One other thing. This happened in Irving, Texas, where they have been dealing with a local immigrant population that wanted to set up Sharia Courts. Of course, the fact that this kids Father has an affiliation with CAIR, and ran for the Presidency of Sudan twice probably means nothing.

Total set up fraud.

Call a Texas district attorney and hand over your evidence to have him prosecuted. Fraud is a very serious crime.

he took an existing clock and change the case and call it something he invested? not only is that fraud but possible copyright infringement.
he didn't go out and buy the circuits and the wires and the digital displays and build a clock. that would have been impressive.

he then called it his own invention. how is that not fraud

No he said CPU.
you don't solder cpu's. he doesn't have a wafer machine in his house.
he doesn't build CPU's.

A microcontroller is a CPU with peripherals. Even if he made it up, that's not a crime, that would just be a kid exaggerating his abilities. If you have evidence of criminal misconduct, present it here for all of us to see. And no, that's not copyright infringement.

Call a Texas district attorney and hand over your evidence to have him prosecuted. Fraud is a very serious crime.

LOL.

I wrote the kid was a fraud, I didn't suggest he committed what amounts to legal fraud. Perhaps you could consider posting something relevant and accurate.

You people sure are passionate about persecuting someone who never hurt anyone. He's just a kid interested in science and engineering. Our society needs more of him and less art majors, so why not cut him some slack that his tinkering isn't up to your high standards?

Simple answer is because he is muslim, he is dark skinned and very easy target. He is not the first and sure will not be last

Diving Mullah

Back
Top Bottom