• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ah oh! Did Biden plagiarize a Canadian politician in his acceptance speech?

Some of those descriptions of universal ideals did indeed use some of the same words.

And I have heard a million variants of the basic premises.

It is so nice to see republicans trying to find something, anything, to smear a guy who has been a known quantity for decades.

Yeah, I dont think its plagiarism. Unimaginative, meaningless rhetoric, absolutely.

Try watching my post #46, all the way through, and you will see much more than a snippet. Actually I would say your post citing just the Canadian part is the snippet.
The first snippet, that was first plagiarized by a former PM from another, was evidence enough. A Biden speechwriter plagiarized another plagiarist.

Are you so naive as to believe that plagiarism is unheard of in politics? Remember Melanie’s (oops, I forgot that’s what her husband calls her) plagiarism?

In the world of presidential politics, an act of plagiarism by a speechwriter is nothing more than a minor embarrassment. An unintended self inflicted wedgie. No more.

The first snippet, that was first plagiarized by a former PM from another, was evidence enough. A Biden speechwriter plagiarized another plagiarist.

Are you so naive as to believe that plagiarism is unheard of in politics? Remember Melanie’s (oops, I forgot that’s what her husband calls her) plagiarism?

In the world of presidential politics, an act of plagiarism by a speechwriter is nothing more than a minor embarrassment. An unintended self inflicted wedgie. No more.

Yes, of course I am so naive, that must be it. But, not as naive to think because I have seen one snippet that that is enough to judge any other links provided. At this point you are the blind man grabbing an elephant by the tail and declaring that an elephant is nothing more than a hairy snake.

Sad that you would lie about a man. Biden was not in the car

And I didn't claim that he was. What I wrote was that he "...told one particular whopper for decades? "You know, how a drunk driver killed his family?" Why would you invent a false claim? Couldn't you Google if you were unfamiliar with this particular whopper?

Yes, of course I am so naive, that must be it. But, not as naive to think because I have seen one snippet that that is enough to judge any other links provided. At this point you are the blind man grabbing an elephant by the tail and declaring that an elephant is nothing more than a hairy snake.
Cool analogy. :thumbs:

Apparently I wasn’t clear enough. I accept that there was further plagiarism in Biden’s speech.

Really takes some big ones to make that statement when the whole link is actual video and audio of Biden, of course I sincerely doubt you watched much or any at all. And they accuse conservatives of making up excuses for Trump.

I saw your fake news video.

We're holding him to the same standard you have have applied to Trump. The fact that you aren't speaks volumes.

Trump doesn't have standards...that's the point the right keeps missing.

Back
Top Bottom