• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ah.......ever the spirit of bi-partisnaship

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
First Read - Barton: 'I want to be George Patton' in battle against W.H.

That slide, titled "What's in Store for the Obama Administration, states that "Speaker Boehner is our Dwight Eisenhower in the battle against the Obama Administration. Majority Leader Cantor is our Omar Bradley. I want to be George Patton - put anything in my scope and I will shoot it."

does anybody else think it's ludicrous to compare boehner with eisenhower? did eisenhower tan?

Is tanning relavent to ones leadership potential? No. You make some vague pitch here that you support bipartisanship, and then attack a Republican for something irrelevant and stupid... bipartisanship indeed.

care to address what is relevant? do you think these men should be likening themselves to real heroes? do you think they should be using rhetoric that brings to mind war, when they should be working with one another for the good of our country?

no, tanning doesn't have anything to do with leadership, you are correct. neither does boehner in any way compare with eisenhower. and if you think that was an attack, you're a pretty sensitive guy.

so, care to address what he said?

care to address what is relevant? do you think these men should be likening themselves to real heroes? do you think they should be using rhetoric that brings to mind war, when they should be working with one another for the good of our country?

He is just making a political move to gun up support for the future speaker and his agenda... that is pretty common.

no, tanning doesn't have anything to do with leadership, you are correct. neither does boehner in any way compare with eisenhower. and if you think that was an attack, you're a pretty sensitive guy.

You are equally as sensative for freaking out about a politican attempting to be better than he really is... who cares?

so, care to address what he said?

What he said was simply to rally the troops and try to ensure his own place in the future speakers inner circle... it is nothing more than politics as usual..

I love how Democrats have suddenly discovered the word "Bipartisanship". Obama will have presided over a filibuster proof congress up until this coming January. "Oh, ain't it a shame how those "Party of No" Republicans have blocked us at every turn." Nnnnnnnnooooooo. You sad democrats had too many sensible people in yourown party who thought what was being pushed was stupid. That's why you had to sit and whail about Republicans. If you'd had an ounce of sense among the whole lot of you progressive communists, you might have actually done something. The Health Care law is starting to come apart at the seams all ready and it hasn't even been implemented yet. George Soros and the Tides Foundation sure screwed that up. The 2010 election showed you what the true majority of Americans thought of your agenda.

Obama was just showing his real intelligence with the tanning comment. How juvenile. BTW, where are the jobs?

Last edited:
Funny how the Democrats didn't give two flying ****s about bipartisanship until they lost control of the House. But now that they don't have a stranglehold on the whole system, we suddenly need to compromise and work together.

I love how Democrats have suddenly discovered the word "Bipartisanship". Obama will have presided over a filibuster proof congress up until this coming January. "Oh, ain't it a shame how those "Party of No" Republicans have blocked us at every turn." Nnnnnnnnooooooo. You sad democrats had too many sensible people in yourown party who thought what was being pushed was stupid. That's why you had to sit and whail about Republicans.

Well, Democrats are at a disadvatnage in that they don't operate on something akin to a borg hive mind like the Republicans seem to.

Funny how the Democrats didn't give two flying ****s about bipartisanship until they lost control of the House. But now that they don't have a stranglehold on the whole system, we suddenly need to compromise and work together.

Patenly false I'm afraid. Democrats have been futily trying to woo Republicans for the past two years on every major piece of legislation. Republicans simply have no intrest in working with the Democrats unless they completely cave in to their position.

care to address what is relevant?

Like the highly relevant jokes about tanning?

do you think these men should be likening themselves to real heroes? do you think they should be using rhetoric that brings to mind war, when they should be working with one another for the good of our country?

Meh, war analogies are hardly a new thing nor something I get worked up about. Let me go scream at the Fox Sunday broadcast for giving Peyton Manning the glorious rank of "General". The Republicans were not voted in to "work together" for the good of our country...they were voted in to work for the good of our country. If that means working with the Democrats, so be it. If it means battling the Democrats to push whats good for the country, also so be it.

He does in the sense that he's the "leader" of the republicans in House much like eEisenhower was the "leader" of the U.S. forces.

Patenly false I'm afraid. Democrats have been futily trying to woo Republicans for the past two years on every major piece of legislation. Republicans simply have no intrest in working with the Democrats unless they completely cave in to their position.

welcome to partisan hackery 101

Well, Democrats are at a disadvatnage in that they don't operate on something akin to a borg hive mind like the Republicans seem to.

yeah, democrats are more like a hoarde of zombies. mindlessly staggering around feeding off the living.

Sucks to be you then, huh?

never can be too sure, you can get infracted for making a joke you know.... :2razz: and :lamo

Or you can just claim something was a joke as a ruse to avoid being infracted.

care to address what is relevant? do you think these men should be likening themselves to real heroes?

googling 'Obama is like God'.... hmmmm.... 10.7 million hits.....

Elections have consequences.

I love how Democrats have suddenly discovered the word "Bipartisanship". Obama will have presided over a filibuster proof congress up until this coming January. "Oh, ain't it a shame how those "Party of No" Republicans have blocked us at every turn." Nnnnnnnnooooooo. You sad democrats had too many sensible people in yourown party who thought what was being pushed was stupid. That's why you had to sit and whail about Republicans. If you'd had an ounce of sense among the whole lot of you progressive communists, you might have actually done something. The Health Care law is starting to come apart at the seams all ready and it hasn't even been implemented yet. George Soros and the Tides Foundation sure screwed that up. The 2010 election showed you what the true majority of Americans thought of your agenda.

Obama was just showing his real intelligence with the tanning comment. How juvenile. BTW, where are the jobs?

Let the Republicans enjoy their win. The Dems sure did take liberties when they were in charge. Bi-Partisan? Don't think so.

GOP Shut Out of Stimulus Negotiations - The Note
Pelosi Shuts Republicans Out... - Forums
Dems shut out GOP on health - NYPOST.com
House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com
Republicans Shut Out in New Era of "Bipartisanship" · Snapped Shot

Bipartisanship in general is a dumb idea.

People don't elect compromise, they elect a party. You get elected, you run ****, period.

Back
Top Bottom