• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Age of Accountability

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
At what age is someone "able to make a case for, or against, Christ"?

115 years old.

The oldest person ever was 113, so I figure after a couple of years of kicking around he would have a pretty solid impression formed and be able to make a good case.

The soul is accountable at conception, in fact much longer before. The Word was preached in the beginning. Everyone receives the benefit of Christ, it's just that some get more than others.

The soul is accountable at conception, in fact much longer before. The Word was preached in the beginning. Everyone receives the benefit of Christ, it's just that some get more than others.
Where is the soul before conception?

Swimming.

Souls hang out in lots of places.

The etheric, however, does not record memory like the atomic substance of a body and brain cells, so there is little memory for the soul and it is always responding to stimuli.

I think George Orwell said that.
Did he?

Still doesn't change the cosmic reality, that we are in extreme danger here in the Material world and we should want to get out.

Did he?

Still doesn't change the cosmic reality, that we are in extreme danger here in the Material world and we should want to get out.
An exit is easy enough. In fact, it is inevitable.

I think the typical 12-year-old, unburdened by a lifetime of brainwashing, could make a pretty compelling argument that the most popular claims about "Christ" are BS.

I think the typical 12-year-old, unburdened by a lifetime of brainwashing, could make a pretty compelling argument that the most popular claims about "Christ" are BS.
Any rational or critical thinker can make such arguments against those types of claims.

I'm going to say 12-14. When they become teenagers, they really start thinking for themselves and questioning what they've been told.

I'm going to say 12-14. When they become teenagers, they really start thinking for themselves and questioning what they've been told.
I was questioning religious BS even at 7-8 years old. Even then it was illogical to me and has become even more so as I got older.

I questioned at a young age, also...I thank God I found the answers to my questions...

Jeanne Calment lived to be 122

The Shivapuri Baba lived from 1826 to 1963.
That's 137 years.
There's a great book by J.G. Bennett on his life and teachings. Bennet knew and spent time with him, and brought some of his students with him to England.

Well ok then. Same principle, I raise my estimate to 124.
Fair enough. On the other hand, I think it is perfectly reasonable to make an argument against the actions that it is claims Christ did, and claims about Jesus made by Christians.

Your title doesn't match with your OP.

Age of accountability, in the biblical sense, would mean an age when someone can distinguish right from wrong.
I don't think it has anything to do with making a case for, or against Christ.

No such mention about "pre-existing" souls in the Bible. That's a man-made concept.

Biblically, each soul begins at conception.

The concept of pre-existence cannot be followed to its logical conclusion.
Pre-existence means one of three things: (1) the soul has always existed, (2) the soul was created at a previous time and waited, incorporeal, until it could inhabit a body on earth, or
(3) the soul inhabited another body in the past and transmigrated to its current body.
If (1) is true and souls have always existed, then human beings are also part of God, uncreated and self-determined.
This concept is clearly contrary to the Bible’s claims that there is no other God but Yahweh (Genesis 5:1; 1 Timothy 2:5; 1 John 4:12; Malachi 2:10; 1 Corinthians 8:5–6).

If (2) is true and a soul waited in a heavenly nursery prior to earthly birth, then Genesis 2:7 is wrong: “The Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life,

and the man became a living being.
” The words “man became” indicate a definite beginning in which Adam’s soul and body came to life at the same time.
If (3) is true, and a soul inhabited another body in a bygone era, then at what point was the soul created and for what purpose? The Bible is clear that each person will answer for his or her own life (Revelation 20:13; Romans 2:6; Jeremiah 32:19).

When the previous body died, where did the soul go? Hebrews 9:27 says, “It is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.” This applies to everyone.

The Shivapuri Baba lived from 1826 to 1963.
That's 137 years.
There's a great book by J.G. Bennett on his life and teachings. Bennet knew and spent time with him, and brought some of his students with him to England.
In "Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East." Spalding travels with Masters that are five hundred years old.

Francis Bacon traveled Europe for hundreds of years after his supposed death in 1626, he was tutoring Napoleon in the 1800s.

Back
Top Bottom