• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Age-appropriateness of Disney's Cinderella

How old should a child be to watch Disney's Cinderella?

• 3 or younger

• 4-5

• 6-10

• 11-14

• 15-17

• Cinderella is not appropriate for children of any age.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
In your opinion, how old should a child be to watch Disney's Cinderella?

Not asking who should show it to them, just whether they should be watching it in the first place.

Reasons for this thread will be posted later.

Cinderella was abused by her sisters, abused animals, catfished a prince and promoted gender stereotypes based on physical appearance and economic class. That makes it perfect to be viewed by kids 3-15 or so but once they go to college and turn into pinko, commie, tree hugging snowflakes it will be WAY too triggering.

Cinderella was abused by her sisters, abused animals, catfished a prince and promoted gender stereotypes based on physical appearance and economic class. That makes it perfect to be viewed by kids 3-15 or so but once they go to college and turn into pinko, commie, tree hugging snowflakes it will be WAY too triggering.

You haven't voted in the poll yet. :)

Not asking who should show it to them, just whether they should be watching it in the first place.

Every parent knows there kids and should make that decision based on the child. There is no magical age.

Every parent knows there kids and should make that decision based on the child. There is no magical age.

Maybe, but I wanted to see what people think the absolute minimum should be, if there is one.

I, personally, would not feel comfortable showing kids such an openly sexualized show such as Cinderella. Gay kids don't need to be needlessly sexually confused by being subjected to straight propaganda at such a young age. Look how openly Disney shoves these heteros down our throats.
1649438053112.png

Disgusting. Anyone that thinks scenes like this are appropriate for children is probably just a groomer trying to normalize their sick hetero agenda in children.

I, personally, would not feel comfortable showing kids such an openly sexualized show such as Cinderella. Gay kids don't need to be needlessly sexually confused by being subjected to straight propaganda at such a young age. Look how openly Disney shoves these heteros down our throats.
View attachment 67384544

Disgusting. Anyone that thinks scenes like this are appropriate for children is probably just a groomer trying to normalize their sick hetero agenda in children.

Are you kidding me? The odds are high that kids (gay or not) see plenty of *gasp* CIS people kissing.

Are you kidding me? The odds are high that kids (gay or not) see plenty of *gasp* CIS people kissing.
I don't care what they do in the privacy of their homes, but I don't need to see their sexuality shoved in my face, and it certainly isn't appropriate for children to be sexually confused by it.

Seems to me that children should be of an age where they can ask questions and understand answers. Only a parent knows when their child is ready. My lesson was learned when my daughter first watched Land Before Time....she was so upset about the baby dinosaur losing his mother. Parents should first watch the movie themselves, then decide if it's appropriate. Children should never watch it alone.

In all seriousness, that's a good argument against my silly argument. Clearly kissing is something that can be expected to be seen in public, so protecting kids from it in a show is rather silly.

View attachment 67384544

What a strange post.

I find it stupid when someone judges a 1950's movie by today's viewpoints. Understanding of the era is necessary.

I would say 4-5 depending on the child. I think it's more important for a young child to understand more that hard work, not wishes and waiting for Prince Charming to save you, makes your dreams come true. All in all it's just a fairly good movie with a fun soundtrack that you really can't take ~too~ seriously, like most "princess" movies.

If it was two men, it would be banned from elementary schools. Because it promotes the majority, it's allowed.

We have a tendency to let shit slide if it kisses our ass and that's what happened with Cinderella and the majority.

View attachment 67384544

There’s no such thing as a “gay kid”

We might note that Disney has long known how to kiss the majority's ass just enough to let their shit slide and they've been doing it a long time and they're good at it.

If it was two men, it would be banned from elementary schools. Because it promotes the majority, it's allowed.
Because two men engaging in a sexual used relationship is purely sexual, whereas a man and a woman is also spiritual and procreative.
We have a tendency to let shit slide if it kisses our ass and that's what happened with Cinderella and the majority.
It reinforces human nature, that’s what you mean. Cinderella shows truths about human nature such as female hypergamy, warns about how many people will resent caring for children that are not theirs (the cruel stepmother) and shows that men are attracted by beauty and good moral character.

Nobody should watch Cinderella. It's total garbage.

I haven't decided what my vote is yet. I think I know where you might be going with this and the answer should be no age is appropriate for the message it sends about fantasy love. I think you're going somewhere different. However, I watched it at a young age, as did my daughter, and I don't think either of us was harmed. I loved the mice and that nothing died in that cartoon.

Bambi now, that's one that should be held off for a later age. I still won't watch the beginning, lol.

Because two men engaging in a sexual used relationship is purely sexual, whereas a man and a woman is also spiritual and procreative.

It reinforces human nature, that’s what you mean. Cinderella shows truths about human nature such as female hypergamy, warns about how many people will resent caring for children that are not theirs (the cruel stepmother) and shows that men are attracted by beauty and good moral character.

Except the movie doesn't really show that. How exactly do you think the Prince had the opportunity to learn about Cinderalla's "moral character"? Now, we as the audience know she has a a good moral character but they don't show any real depth or conversations to them as a couple beyond them dancing to a couple songs and it's much more about a man being attracted solely by looks and a woman looking for her "prince" to save her which isn't always the best guidance.

Other versions of Cinderella such as my personal favorite, Ever After, do establish a more believable couple.

Except the movie doesn't really show that. How exactly do you think the Prince had the opportunity to learn about Cinderalla's "moral character"? Now, we as the audience know she has a a good moral character but they don't show any real depth or conversations to them as a couple beyond them dancing to a couple songs and it's much more about a man being attracted solely by looks and a woman looking for her "prince" to save her which isn't always the best guidance.

Other versions of Cinderella such as my personal favorite, Ever After, do establish a more believable couple.
I mean yes to some degree, but fiction is limited by the medium. Most people do not marry after only meeting each other once at a dance, and in medieval Germanic kingdoms an eligible bachelor prince wouldnt meet a commoner woman at a dance at marry her, the marriage would be arranged with a princess or other woman born into a family with noble title. That said though fiction is not supposed to be super realistic. You can’t watch a movie that runs over months and years, and creative liberty is taken. And it’s a play for the audience, we know Cinderalla is pure of heart and it’s implied the prince is supposed to know that. You’re also forgetting that in close knit medieval societies marriage WAS the path women took to improve their lives.

It’s like a video game about World War Two, you’re not spending months of the game on the parade ground and lining up at the field kitchen

Back
Top Bottom