• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Age-appropriateness of Disney's Cinderella

How old should a child be to watch Disney's Cinderella?

• 3 or younger

• 4-5

• 6-10

• 11-14

• 15-17

• Cinderella is not appropriate for children of any age.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I gave you a peer reviewed article, on the specific topic, debunking your claim and you gave me an irrelevant hoax and gibberish.

Lol, such an NPC.

That's ok, that's how he describes all medical and psychiatric peer-reviewed studies that say people do not choose to be gay. He also apparently believes that means it has to be genetic 🤷

Like your claimed source. The language this “study” uses is incomprehensible and full of words that are not actual standardized words in normal English

Lol ok guy

I can see you've read many anthropological and other scientific journals and their studies :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In your opinion, how old should a child be to watch Disney's Cinderella?

Not asking who should show it to them, just whether they should be watching it in the first place.

Reasons for this thread will be posted later.
1649554591476.png

Every parent knows there kids and should make that decision based on the child. There is no magical age.
lol

Parents are very very rarely competent to make decisions for their children.

Most all parents are dopes.

lol

Parents are very very rarely competent to make decisions for their children.

Most all parents are dopes.

I can see how you could come to that conclusion if you are hanging out with the extreme right wing crowd that you do. There are a lot of other people out there beyond the nutbag super Trumpers though.

I can see how you could come to that conclusion if you are hanging out with the extreme right wing crowd that you do. There are a lot of other people out there beyond the nutbag super Trumpers though.

You mean the idiot liberals? Yeah but when it comes to child raising few , very few get it right. Politics or political affiliations have nothing to do with it.

Maybe before the age that we have to talk to them about war crimes in Ukraine?

I reject the notion other animals display homosexuality. Homosexuality is a political construction and not a biological one. You can say other animals engage in acts analogous to sodomy, but you cannot say they are “gay”

There’s no evolutionary reason for “homosexuality”. And the idea it’s genetic is unproven.
So what makes people gay? You might as well ask what makes some guys like womens breasts, others their legs. Or what makes women like guys' butts. All of the above is normal... or abnormal. Who cares? Too complex to analyze, unless that's your job. Just enjoy it, celebrate its complicated wonder, so long as you and she or he are of age.

I say let kids enjoy being kids. That is an age of innocence. Things like Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Cinderella, Bert, Ernie, Superman, et al stir their imagination. They cause no real harm. Any kid no matter what color, no matter how poor can dream. They also tend to teach children to be caring and kind. It delivers a lot more good than bad. They will learn soon enough that it is all fiction so let them have their fun while they can.

I reject the notion other animals display homosexuality. Homosexuality is a political construction and not a biological one. You can say other animals engage in acts analogous to sodomy, but you cannot say they are “gay”

There’s no evolutionary reason for “homosexuality”. And the idea it’s genetic is unproven.
What about overpopulation. In theory homosexuality could be natures response to a species killing itself by being overly reproductive.

Didn't vote in the poll.
I say let the parent decide if it is age appropriate for their kids to watch an old Disney movie.

If one is questioning when a child should watch Cinderella. Then one may be concerned with
- Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
- Bambi
- Peter Pan
- Sleeping Beauty
- Alice in Wonderland
- Treasure Island
- 20,000 leagues under the sea
- Davey Crocket.
and many more I have forgotten.

I saw all the films I listed when I was a kid growing up in the 50's. Never was concerned about the kissing or other issues some people today may have with the films.
Didn't even occur to me to think gay/bi/hetro/binary when watching the films. They were just fun to watch.
Old Yeller is a good one for your list.

What about overpopulation. In theory homosexuality could be natures response to a species killing itself by being overly reproductive.
This is a religious and not a scientific idea.

So .... @Phys251 ... when are you coming back to tell us what the OP is about even though we all know already?

In your opinion, how old should a child be to watch Disney's Cinderella?

Not asking who should show it to them, just whether they should be watching it in the first place.

Reasons for this thread will be posted later.
If it's the same Cinderella I saw as a kid, any age. Same for Peter Pan, Snow White, Bambi and Pinocchio.

I, personally, would not feel comfortable showing kids such an openly sexualized show such as Cinderella. Gay kids don't need to be needlessly sexually confused by being subjected to straight propaganda at such a young age. Look how openly Disney shoves these heteros down our throats.
View attachment 67384544

Disgusting. Anyone that thinks scenes like this are appropriate for children is probably just a groomer trying to normalize their sick hetero agenda in children.
Disgusting indeed! As an advocate of no public displays of affection, I find this absolutely appalling and in appropriate for kids of any age. This is something that adults discover on their own and practice in the privacy of their own homes with the curtains drawn so no one can see them.
;)

I think mostly yes. It’s been documented before that primitive societies in Africa don’t even have words to describe homosexuality. Not that they hate homosexuals or are “homophobic” under modern understanding, but that they are literally baffled by the very concept, having never observed it.

This would seem to argue against the idea it’s a genetic condition people are “born” as

Comprehensive book about the history of homosexuality in Africa

This is a religious and not a scientific idea.
Why the heck should we care what a 'religious' belief is on this issue?

If parents object to Cindarella on religious grounds, they can not allow their kids to watch or read it.

Regarding being gay, intolerance, hate, discrimination, etc aimed at them harms all of American society and requires secularly-originated (aka Const) legislation to overcome. Of course, you'd think decent people in religions based on peace and forgiveness and brotherly love would also be fighting to support gays too...but 🤷 go figure :rolleyes:

All in all it's just a fairly good movie with a fun soundtrack that you really can't take ~too~ seriously, like most "princess" movies.
How can you not take "salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" seriously? ;) :)

The FL law is about teachers and what shouldn’t be part of instruction in K-3. The OP didn’t specify at school. Most kids will see Disney movies at home instead of school.
My kid just watched Osmosis Jones during one of his classes. Kids get to not only see movies in school with heterosexuals kissing, but also will hear/read stories about those things too.

And the FL law is not just about K-3. It includes all grades with "age appropriate", which is vague.

Back
Top Bottom