• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Again democrats want to ignore history.

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
In this forum I have railed many times how democrats want to change history or totally forget it. It is happening again. They are screaming their heads off about President Trump appointing a judge to the Supreme Court in an election year. IT HAS HAPPEND 29 TIME IN US HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it.

Then how about a little more history? It came from the worst president the country ever had tho---------------elections have consequences.

Trump absolutely has the right to appoint his justice of choice, and Garland should be a court justice right now. I guess sometimes what should happen doesn't. Man up and deal with it.

In this forum I have railed many times how democrats want to change history or totally forget it. It is happening again. They are screaming their heads off about President Trump appointing a judge to the Supreme Court in an election year. IT HAS HAPPEND 29 TIME IN US HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it.

Then how about a little more history? It came from the worst president the country ever had tho---------------elections have consequences.

I think you need a dozen more !!!'s and some ALL CAPS in 72 size font.
Anyway, Lindsey said to use his words against him, and Mitch set the precedent.
Nope, it's never been a Biden rule, that is a lie. Mitch built it, Mitch put it into action, Mitch stood and beamed and said his proudest moment was using it to slap the House Negro From Kenya with it.

Everything changes now, no forgiveness here remains, this is a naked poison spear used on a war footing.
It is an act of war in every way.

I guess you are not aware that Republicans and Trump himself had disagreed with you a few short years ago.

Times change, and in the famous words of Obama---------------elections have consequences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

In this forum I have railed many times how democrats want to change history or totally forget it.

Can you trump supporters stop with the projection already? It's a worn out act. Surely you people can come up with more creative ways to distort the truth.

The closest a SCOTUS confirmation has ever happened to a presidential election was on June 16, 1916, 144 days before the election. As of today, we have 43 days to go.

And who says that the Republicans couldnt further pack the court. Every election that a different party comes to power, more justices could be added. When would it end??????????

Plenty of time is left to confirm a judge. From all reports it will be a woman. How long will democrats rail against a woman nominee? That would indicate they hate women, and lose half the woman vote in Nov.

Thats right...So don't cry when the Dems abolish the filibuster and add seats in the SC...
Against the wishes of RGB?

Trump absolutely has the right to appoint his justice of choice, and Garland should be a court justice right now. I guess sometimes what should happen doesn't. Man up and deal with it.
So should Miquel Estrada

The closest a SCOTUS confirmation has ever happened to a presidential election was on June 16, 1916, 144 days before the election. As of today, we have 43 days to go.
Why do you think it makes a difference, 144 days versus 43 days?

Why do you think it makes a difference, 144 days versus 43 days?

Suppose that Biden wins the election, the Democrats take the Senate (but barely), and he nominates a SCOTUS justice in September of 2024. Think you'd be asking the Senate to wait?

And who says that the Republicans couldnt further pack the court. Every election that a different party comes to power, more justices could be added. When would it end??????????

If Dems get the white house, senate, a long with the House of rep it will end however the Dems say it will end. Mcconnell and company started this with their hypocrisy and you better believe action will be taken so shit like what mcconnell is pulling doesnt happen again.

Those damn Democrats! They should take history lessons from the Stable Genius!

Suppose that Biden wins the election, the Democrats take the Senate (but barely), and he nominates a SCOTUS justice in September of 2024. Think you'd be asking the Senate to wait?
i'd fully expect they'd confirm Biden's nomination. Same as when the Repubs opposed Garland and Dems opposed Estrada. It's how the COnstitution says it works. RGB understood this.

The situation is not exactly the same. First lets remember that this is far from the first time that a President put forth a nominee in a Presidential election year. Both Repulbicans and democrats have done this in the modern era. The difference is that in 2016 there was a democrat President but a Republican senate and the senate controls the process. The republicans merely used the process as allowed but senate rules to prevent a vote from happening. Presently, 2020, there is a Republican President and a Republican Senate. The President doesn't stop being President just because it's an election year and the process of government doesn't end. Trump and the Republicans have every legal right to move forward as I'm sure democrats would do it they were in the same position.

Against the wishes of RGB?
RGB wishes were for a justice to be decided after the election..Mcconnell and Trump are going to piss all over those wishes in hopes to destroy everything RBG fought and protected.

If Dems get the white house, senate, a long with the House of rep it will end however the Dems say it will end. Mcconnell and company started this with their hypocrisy and you better believe action will be taken so shit like what mcconnell is pulling doesnt happen again.
True. There has never been a hypocritical politician before 2020. Glad to see you guys are on it.

Thats right...So don't cry when the Dems abolish the filibuster and add seats in the SC...

Pardon, but the filibuster has already been abolished in 2018, by McConnell to seat Kavanaugh.

RGB wishes were for a justice to be decided after the election..Mcconnell and Trump are going to piss all over those wishes in hopes to destroy everything RBG fought and protected.
IF wishes were fishes ...

Her actual words "The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four."

RBG herself would have wanted a quick and expedient replacement for her empty seat:

"The president is elected for four years not three years, so the power he has in year three continues into year four."

“Maybe members of the Senate will wake up and appreciate that that’s how it should be," she added.

Also, terminal cancer patients in the last days of life are not lucid, so we should respect Ginsburg's statement from 2016, when she had all her mental faculties.

True. There has never been a hypocritical politician before 2020. Glad to see you guys are on it.
Im glad you at least admitting the hypocrisy of McConnel.

Back
Top Bottom