• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After today's major ankle injury, will Cowboys player ever play again?

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
As a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, it's almost mandatory for me to hate the Dallas Cowgirls, and that I do! I want them to never, ever, EVER win another single, solitary game, let alone a playoff game! But as much as I hate them, I DONT want them to lose games by losing players to injury! I don't wish for their players to suffer physical injury.They won today, but they lost a player to a severe ankle injury that was caught on close-up tv cameras. It looks really bad. His name is Allen Hurns, and he is a receiver. Watch this short tv clip, especially near the end, and tell me whether an NFL wide receiver could recover from this injury fully enough to be the fast and nimble player an NFL wide receiver is expected to be? Look closely at the video's screen shot, and see how his foot is turned 180° in the wrong direction!

Last edited:
As a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, it's almost mandatory for me to hate the Dallas Cowgirls, and that I do! I want them to never, ever, EVER win another single, solitary game, let alone a playoff game! But as much as I hate them, I DONT want them to lose games by losing players to injury! I don't wish for their players to suffer physical injury.They won today, but they lost a player to a severe ankle injury that was caught on close-up tv cameras. It looks really bad. His name is Allen Hurns, and he is a receiver. Watch this short tv clip, especially near the end, and tell me whether an NFL wide receiver could recover fully enough to be the fast and nimble player an NFL wide receiver is expected to be?

Did you not understand that I am trying to cheer up?

That was sick man, so sick that once the network understood what had just happened they refused to replay the video.

And yet here you are....

Last edited:
I was playing 2nd base for Tug Office team in the shipyard league against a pretty good submariner team in Portsmouth NH. Their lead off guy ( a really good guy ) tried to stretch a single into a double and came sliding in all wrong.

I heard the snap (almost like a firecracker) and his ankle was facing the opposite direction after the dust cleared. He was a tough SOB though. He was laughing at all the grossed out people standing around him afterwards. He ended up with a medical discharge about 11 months later because he couldn't get any flex back in the ankle during his limited duty stint. Was tough to see him go.

That picture is just sad. Lets all hope he makes a full recovery.

Now that’s a video I’m not going to click to see.

He will have a very long road to recovery. What ever recovery will be for him.
My guess multiple surgeries with a ton of rehab. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Did you not understand that I am trying to cheer up?

That was sick man, so sick that once the network understood what had just happened they refused to replay the video.

And yet here you are....

No idea what you are talking about, and since I don't know you personally, I don't follow your moods. So, no. I was not aware you were not 'cheery' at that particular moment in time. As far as the video, I was not aware that the network didn't play it, because I didn't watch the game. Besides, they MUST have aired it at some point, considering that it's right there, on their cameras, on YouTube. The point of the thread was to enquire as to a top level athlete's ability to sufficiently recover from this type of injury.

As a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan, it's almost mandatory for me to hate the Dallas Cowgirls, and that I do! I want them to never, ever, EVER win another single, solitary game, let alone a playoff game! But as much as I hate them, I DONT want them to lose games by losing players to injury! I don't wish for their players to suffer physical injury.They won today, but they lost a player to a severe ankle injury that was caught on close-up tv cameras. It looks really bad. His name is Allen Hurns, and he is a receiver. Watch this short tv clip, especially near the end, and tell me whether an NFL wide receiver could recover from this injury fully enough to be the fast and nimble player an NFL wide receiver is expected to be? Look closely at the video's screen shot, and see how his foot is turned 180° in the wrong direction!

you think that’s bad, You see when Alex Smith was Joe theismanned?

No idea what you are talking about, and since I don't know you personally, I don't follow your moods. So, no. I was not aware you were not 'cheery' at that particular moment in time. As far as the video, I was not aware that the network didn't play it, because I didn't watch the game. Besides, they MUST have aired it at some point, considering that it's right there, on their cameras, on YouTube. The point of the thread was to enquire as to a top level athlete's ability to sufficiently recover from this type of injury.

I had a different point.

Back
Top Bottom