• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After six weeks of lull, the Atlantic stirs...

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Atlantic 5-Day Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook

two_atl_5d0.jpg

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALLTTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 AM EDT FRI JUL 29 2016

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. A tropical wave located located about 1200 miles east of the Lesser
Antilles is moving rapidly westward. Given the fast motion of the
system, development, if any, will be slow to occur. However, this
system will likely bring showers and gusty winds to portions of the
Leeward Islands during the weekend, and then, the activity should
spread westward across the Caribbean Sea.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent

2. Shower activity associated with a tropical wave and a low pressure
system centered a couple of hundred miles south-southeast of the
Cabo Verde Islands has increased during the past several hours, but
the overall organization has changed little. This system has some
potential for development during the next day or two, before the
disturbance encounters a less favorable environment over the central
tropical Atlantic next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent

Forecaster Avila

I don't speak wxgeek Renae, translate!!!!

Alrighty then. There are two system lining up in the far Eastern Atlantic. Upper level winds, sea surface and humidity levels are all indicative of further development. While the projects seem to show systems on straight tracks towards south Florida and the Gulf of Mexico let me point out a couple of things.

It's a 5 days+ out on the forecast. Anything over 5 days is pure speculation on the forecasters part. Trust me. I would maybe go over evac plans with the family, check your hurricane supplies if you are anywhere on the Eastern Sea board. Which is always a good thing to do before Hurricane Season and of course, when possibilities start to flare up. If you have a Caribbean Cruise for next weekend, I wouldn't even cancel. I would maybe call my travel agent and look into the refund/rain check process. But that's if I haven't anything better to do.

The point of this is to let folks know something stirs in the deep Atlantic. Please, if you LIVE on the Eastern Sea Board... bookmark National Hurricane Center Don't wait for the Weather Channel to alert you, those people are idiots. Be wxwise.

I'll update this thread as the storms demand it.

Hyping "potential" weather events is what The Weather Channel does (must do?) unless they have actual footage of current or past weather events. They admit that the chance of ether of these "lows" will become a named tropical storm, much less an actual hurricane, is quite remote. Weather education/history presentation is fine but extreme care must be taken not to "cry wolf" too much (often?) by tying in "reports" (which are simply information) from the hurricane center or many more folks will ignore genuine hurricane center warnings.

Hyping "potential" weather events is what The Weather Channel does (must do?) unless they have actual footage of current or past weather events. They admit that the chance of ether of these "lows" will become a named tropical storm, much less an actual hurricane, is quite remote. Weather education/history presentation is fine but extreme care must be taken not to "cry wolf" too much (often?) by tying in "reports" (which are simply information) from the hurricane center or many more folks will ignore genuine hurricane center warnings.

I can't stand the Wx channel. Those people are daft buffoons.

I can't stand the Wx channel. Those people are daft buffoons.

Much like many sports announcers (analysts?) that try to hype a very boring and unimportant game. It's a tough job but someone needs that paycheck. ;)

Much like many sports announcers (analysts?) that try to hype a very boring and unimportant game. It's a tough job but someone needs that paycheck. ;)

Treat Weather for what it is, don't dramatize it.

Treat Weather for what it is, don't dramatize it.

It's America...we dramatize everything. From weather to news to politics. If there's no drama, we're not paying attention.

It's America...we dramatize everything. From weather to news to politics. If there's no drama, we're not paying attention.

Yes, it's pretty sad the the response of the public gives license for endless lies and deception in the news on all subjects.

Final report of this stirring. It's a fizzle. Rain for the Yucatan and South Central Mexico. Nothing of any real merit.

145524W5_NL_sm.jpg

But...

but...

but...

We are suppose to have stronger and stronger storms, and the CO2 increases...

Exxon has been paying rogue elements in the Government to use HAARP to hide the effects of Global Warming see.

Exxon has been paying rogue elements in the Government to use HAARP to hide the effects of Global Warming see.

Yep.

Just listen to the CT people!

But...

but...

but...

We are suppose to have stronger and stronger storms, and the CO2 increases...

Right, because AGW means weather is not a thing anymore!

It didn't hit the USA, so I didn't care.
You didn't care? Is that because the 65 people who died weren't from the USA?

"Prior to Earl becoming a tropical cyclone, 13 people died in storm-related incidents across the Dominican Republic. Striking Belize as a Category 1, the hurricane caused extensive damage; losses to agriculture exceeded US$100 million. Heavy rain in Mexico triggered many landslides, several of which proved fatal in the states of Puebla, Hidalgo, and Veracruz; at least 52 people died in the country"

You didn't care? Is that because the 65 people who died weren't from the USA?

"Prior to Earl becoming a tropical cyclone, 13 people died in storm-related incidents across the Dominican Republic. Striking Belize as a Category 1, the hurricane caused extensive damage; losses to agriculture exceeded US$100 million. Heavy rain in Mexico triggered many landslides, several of which proved fatal in the states of Puebla, Hidalgo, and Veracruz; at least 52 people died in the country"
I.
Do.
Not.
Care.
About.
Storms.
That.
Hit.
Other.
Countries.

It's not about being crass.. don't care. Didn't hit the USA, not my look out. They have their own weather folks, news and evac plans, I worry bout the USA.

I.
Do.
Not.
Care.
About.
Storms.
That.
Hit.
Other.
Countries.

It's not about being crass.. don't care. Didn't hit the USA, not my look out. They have their own weather folks, news and evac plans, I worry bout the USA.

WOW.....What an attitude....Hey, I don't care if you get hit by a stray bullet tomorrow or get killed in a car accident. Why? Because you are not a relative of mine.

What you are saying is all you care about, and all you will therefore seek to intervene on the behalf of will be things which impact you or those you identify most closely with. Are you proud of that selfishness? Do feelings of compassion, empathy and concern ever enter into your mind? Do you realize that national borders are an artificial boundary condition? Those are human beings, no different from any other anywhere regardless of politics and governmental differences separated by artificial lines drawn on a map. Your attitude is why nationalism is a dirty word when used to separate the basic humanity shared by all people.

WOW.....What an attitude....Hey, I don't care if you get hit by a stray bullet tomorrow or get killed in a car accident. Why? Because you are not a relative of mine.

What you are saying is all you care about, and all you will therefore seek to intervene on the behalf of will be things which impact you or those you identify most closely with. Are you proud of that selfishness? Do feelings of compassion, empathy and concern ever enter into your mind? Do you realize that national borders are an artificial boundary condition? Those are human beings, no different from any other anywhere regardless of politics and governmental differences separated by artificial lines drawn on a map. Your attitude is why nationalism is a dirty word when used to separate the basic humanity shared by all people.

Not caring isn't the same as no empathy, and fake empathy for the sake of appearances is even less useful

Back
Top Bottom