• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After over three decades of covering Russia, I leave in despair. One man has extinguished the bright hope many once felt

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Not me. The reporter who has lived in Russia for three decades and understands them very well. Read the entire article, it’s very good. I especially recommend it for oneworld2 and the numerous other Putin apologists here. Yes, this is the man for whom you are making excuses, the man who has single-handedly thrown a bomb to blow up the world order. It’s his fault, and no one else’s.

“It feels like a passage out of darkness to light, but left behind are friends trapped in one man's tunnel vision.
Russian President Vladimir Putin isn't just destroying Ukraine, but two nations, condemning Russians to an isolation they didn't necessarily choose.

Over the past couple of months while I've been reporting from Moscow, I've met many people who have been horrified, shocked and numbed by Putin's wanton aggression. Some of them believed him when he said he wouldn't invade Ukraine. Some even knew players in the Kremlin inner circle and thought they understood the President's red lines, but now that trust is blown and they fear he has no limits at all.

What makes Putin's actions all the more galling is how he executed his plot in plain sight. Distracting with one hand, transfixing attention on diplomacy, even while insisting falsely that his massed troops were carrying out exercises on Ukraine's borders.

Ordinary Muscovites didn't even flinch as he perpetrated this betrayal by marching the nation to war on a cocktail of carefully stewed grievances.
Putin spent years building a false narrative along with his empire. The wishes that he was denied, such as NATO withdrawing to 1997 lines or barring Ukraine from membership, was the West's fault, he claimed. But if Putin did believe Russia's security was threatened, and that the modern western world was pitted against him, the truth was that he never adjusted to the changing dynamics of the 21st century.”

Robertson pretty much nails it.

Russia could be one of the richest nations on earth but it's leadership still wraps itself in Soviet paranoia.

You could and should write exactly the same type of article but pointing out that Sleepy and The Kamel have already done more than anybody else ever has to push America toward being a

global laughing stock and second rate power .

You could and should write exactly the same type of article but pointing out that Sleepy and The Kamel have already done more than anybody else ever has to push America toward being a

global laughing stock and second rate power .

I dunno....they might have a ways to go to overtake your man.

190724-boris-johnson_16c24f4893d_original-ratio.jpg

Back
Top Bottom