• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After Orlando: Do you want stricter Gun Control?

Do you want stricter Gun Control?

• Yes and I'm a Republican

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • No and I'm a Republican

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Yes, and I'm a Democrat

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • No, and I'm a Democrat

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, and I'm prefer another party

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • No, and I'm prefer another party

Votes: 38 51.4%

• Total voters

skq

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What do you think?

What do you think?

Don't you think that a rather odd question? Obviously the Constitution does not allow it and the left has been hyperventilating for years on the issue without changing the Constitution. So don't worry about it. Think about things that are real.

What do you think?

Well, first of all, I couldn't answer your poll because it didn't include my situation. You see, I'm a conservative but I'm not a member of any Party. (there are actually quite a few of us around, you know)

Anyway, I don't want ANY gun control. Gun control is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

What I DO want is very, very strict penalties for using guns in connection to crimes. I consider a prison term (of any length) to be a slap on the wrist.

Np, I think that the Orlando perp had no criminal record, was twice investigated by the FBI and was employed as an armed security guard. What laws do you have in mind that would have stopped someone with no criminal record from buying guns?

To have enough laws to stop this guy from buying a firearm, would probably stop the rest of us law biding citizens.

There is a reason we have a Constitution , guns are NOT the problem ! Liberals love to shift the issues so they never actually deal with the problem . :shock:

There is a reason we have a Constitution , guns are NOT the problem ! Liberals love to shift the issues so they never actually deal with the problem . :shock:

Guns are part of the problem when it is they which are used.

Well, first of all, I couldn't answer your poll because it didn't include my situation. You see, I'm a conservative but I'm not a member of any Party. (there are actually quite a few of us around, you know)

Anyway, I don't want ANY gun control. Gun control is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

What I DO want is very, very strict penalties for using guns in connection to crimes. I consider a prison term (of any length) to be a slap on the wrist.

Penalties do nothing to stop perps who are willing to die while engaged in their nightmare.

Those who wish to do nothing as these type events continue unabated are in effect saying "not my problem" to those directly affected by gun violence.

It's rather disgusting behaviour in a so called civilization which refuses to react to a problem which devastates it's victims. Heartless bastards.

Shouldnt you actually have some sort of facts or specific 'gun control' measures in mind rather than just saying "want stricter gun control"?

Those who wish to do nothing as these type events continue unabated are in effect saying "not my problem" to those directly affected by gun violence.

It's rather disgusting behaviour in a so called civilization which refuses to react to a problem which devastates it's victims. Heartless bastards.

I look at it another way. I am for more gun control. That being said I deplore folks who use tragedies to sell some political ideology. So more gun control-yes, because of Orlando- no.

Rather than run around bleating emotionally, why dont you try giving some sort of thought into what laws you think would have prevented the incident?

13406950_966987663420124_3532450468853399538_n.jpg

Ever and always the way.

Rather than run around bleating emotionally, why dont you try giving some sort of thought into what laws you think would have prevented the incident?

It's not my area of expertise. I have no idea what the solutions is. What I do know is that there is a very serious problem which is being totally ignored.

Guns are part of the problem when it is they which are used.

That sir, is incorrect. As you state, it's how they are used. And guns don't use people, people use guns. And pressure cookers. And box cutters. And airplanes. And fire. And fertilizer. And automobiles. And water.

The gun control of today is a joke , a bad joke ! IMO, I am ''semi-insane'' , I should never have a gun, and will never have one .. have enough problems without back sliding into the 1600s .. I am independent, neither conservative nor liberal .. Favor a clean white paper on gun control , a carte blanche..

I look at it another way. I am for more gun control. That being said I deplore folks who use tragedies to sell some political ideology. So more gun control-yes, because of Orlando- no.

Why do you treat Orlando as if it's an isolated case. These things happen every single day in this country to some degree or another. The big ones make the news. There is no selling of an ideology, there is a seeking of a meaningful response to an ongoing tragedy in this country.

View attachment 67203317

Ever and always the way.
NOT ''liberal logic'', not as I know it .. I would hope that the actual ''gun control'' discussion is on a much high level ..
I favor an official ''declaration of war'' against ISIS .. and that all of ISIS and their supporters are prohibited from any gun ownership ...
This will mean that ''privacy'' is thrown to the winds ..

It's not my area of expertise. I have no idea what the solutions is. What I do know is that there is a very serious problem which is being totally ignored.
How exactly is it being totally ignored? Are you referring to mass shootings or gun violence in general?

That sir, is incorrect. As you state, it's how they are used. And guns don't use people, people use guns. And pressure cookers. And box cutters. And airplanes. And fire. And fertilizer. And automobiles. And water.

People use guns. Dogs and cats do not. Duhhh... The gun and the person are one.

The gun is the preferred weapon of choice for a reason..it's the most effective for the operation at hand.

Your attitude implies that since we can't solve human nature we are helpless to help ourselves in all areas where sick and angry people wish to create havoc. These things happen because we tolerate them and do absolutely nothing to prevent any of them. You reap what you sow. The sad part is that so many don't give a s**t.

NOT ''liberal logic'', not as I know it .. I would hope that the actual ''gun control'' discussion is on a much high level ..
I favor an official ''declaration of war'' against ISIS .. and that all of ISIS and their supporters are prohibited from any gun ownership ...
This will mean that ''privacy'' is thrown to the winds ..
But sadly its not only NOT on a higher level it is far more dishonest than even the comic depicts.

Look at the remarks regarding the terror watch list as an example. We KNOW we have a completely flawed system. So flawed that in fact 2 US congressmen were both on it. So knowing that republicans believe you cant use a known flawed process to deny Constitutional rights and that you cant deny rights without due process. What is the response? Republicans and the NRA want to sell guns to terrorists. Yes...its just that dishonest and corrupt.

Why do you treat Orlando as if it's an isolated case. These things happen every single day in this country to some degree or another. The big ones make the news. There is no selling of an ideology, there is a seeking of a meaningful response to an ongoing tragedy in this country.

50 deaths at one site is an isolated event. Like I said I am for gun control, just don't like the way politicians are handling the issue. Perhaps it is an issue best settled state by state. The one I live in believes in strong control and has laws much stricter than Federal laws. Perhaps we should learn something from the Brexit and allow states to handle the issue as their citizens want it handled.

Actually, murder by rifle has been declining for years in this country.

Back
Top Bottom