• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After firing conservatives for politics ESPN launches liberal political site

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Undefeated, ESPN’s new site featuring sports stories and other content from an African American perspective, launched Tuesday.

Dubbed "the Black Grantland" The Undefeated’s launch date was chosen to coincide with the 62nd anniversary of the Supreme Court's Brown v. Board of Education decision, which declared separate schools for black and white students unconstitutional.

ESPN's The Undefeated finally launches

ESPN is risking further alienating fans who believe the company has a liberal agenda

Enter The Undefeated, which will tackle complex and delicate issues via a staff you’d largely presume skews progressive and tailored for an audience of similar left leaning beliefs. With Fox’s growing portfolio of live sports rights including NASCAR, baseball, golf, and soon Big Ten rights (all of which skew a bit towards a conservative audience) as well as their conservative tilted news network, it’s not hard to see ESPN bleeding some audience as momentum builds behind the ESPN=liberal narrative that has been gaining traction of late, aided by the noisy backdrop of a presidential election.

John Skipper and The Undefeated are aiming for a very small bullseye

I never thought ESPN would lose such a grasp of their sports background but it seems that everything in the country is now breaking up between liberals an conservatives that we cant even share a sports channel...

I can't believe that sports broadcasting now has a political lean. If they hire Olberman back they're toast.

Since when did "black" = "liberal"?

Also, ESPN has never fired anyone for holding conservative views.

I can't believe that sports broadcasting now has a political lean. If they hire Olberman back they're toast.

News flash: sports broadcasting has ALWAYS had a political lean.

ESPN has never fired anyone for holding conservative views.

Just fired them for voicing conservative opinions "yuge" difference

Schilling was fired for a facebook post on his own time while Tony Kornheiser was allowed to say that the Tea Party was an American ISIS trying to establish a caliphate on ESPN radio.

News flash: sports broadcasting has ALWAYS had a political lean.

news flash: no it hasnt. While individual commentators (like all humans) have always had their own political opinions it has never been so pervasive into sports coverage.

I never thought ESPN would lose such a grasp of their sports background but it seems that everything in the country is now breaking up between liberals an conservatives that we cant even share a sports channel...
Strange, I for one have never noticed a political "lean" and watch or listen to ESPN daily. I also wonder how a Sports Channel actually can have a political lean, from here it simply looks like more conservatives are trying to play the victim card once again.

typical of liberals; do as i say not as i do.

from an African American perspective? Wut? Why do sports have to be segregated by color, too?
Because you know how the SJW mindset works: to end racism, we must focus so unhealthily on race, so much that we involve race into areas where it isn't/shouldn't be a factor.

Strange, I for one have never noticed a political "lean" and watch or listen to ESPN daily. I also wonder how a Sports Channel actually can have a political lean, from here it simply looks like more conservatives are trying to play the victim card once again.

Well if you only watch sportscenter, I could see that. As in the OP I pointed out that Tony Kornhieser said on air that the Tea Party was like ISIS. Skip Bayless, Steven A. Smith, Ditka, Schilling, Cowherd, LeBatard, Jalen Rose, ect. all routinely get into politics

Because you know how the SJW mindset works: to end racism, we must focus so unhealthily on race, so much that we involve race into areas where it isn't/shouldn't be a factor.

Don't mention race. Everyone is equal. Men shouldn't view other men differently based on their race. White people can't stop separating by race. Black people can't stop separating by race. So let's make sure we keep dividing by race!

My head hurts.

Well if you only watch sportscenter, I could see that. As in the OP I pointed out that Tony Kornhieser said on air that the Tea Party was like ISIS. Skip Bayless, Steven A. Smith, Ditka, Schilling, Cowherd, LeBatard, Jalen Rose, ect. all routinely get into politics

Gee, sounds like some of the libs on this forum who constantly refer to "talibornagains". talkingpointsmemo has been a great resource for these idiots to regurgitate talking points spoon fed to them by their dark overlord masters.

:darthgunny vvvvvt vvvvvt :roll:

As everyone knows, I'm a huge horse racing aficionado. I'm sitting here straining my blonde brain trying to figure out how horse races would be viewed differently by African-Americans.

As everyone knows, I'm a huge horse racing aficionado. I'm sitting here straining my blonde brain trying to figure out how horse races would be viewed differently by African-Americans.

Get in the right mindset and I'm pretty sure an analogy to race in America can be easily drawn using the weekend Pimlico tragedies.

Well, during the Micheal Vick fiasco there was a serious effort to push a narrative that horse racing was the moral equivalent of dog fighting so maybe we'll hear more about that?:shrug:

Curt Schilling

Hmmm.. I'm sure it will start with black lawn jockeys...

Just fired them for voicing conservative opinions "yuge" difference

Schilling was fired for a facebook post on his own time while Tony Kornheiser was allowed to say that the Tea Party was an American ISIS trying to establish a caliphate on ESPN radio.

This seems awfully biased and hypocritical to me, on the order of 'Shaddap! I won't allow opinions different than leftist to be voiced'.

Does this mean that ESP == MSNBC of sports?

This seems awfully biased and hypocritical to me, on the order of 'Shaddap! I won't allow opinions different than leftist to be voiced'.

Does this mean that ESP == MSNBC of sports?

Boycott all Disney-owned enterprises.

from an African American perspective? Wut? Why do sports have to be segregated by color, too?

Good grief!

A network launches a website - One Freaking Website - that is obviously aimed at drawing traffic from a certain demographic (which is NOT unusual today)...and those on the Right lose their freaking minds and (as someone earlier in this thread said) play the victim card again.

How, exactly, is ESPN doing anything different from "Fox News Latino"? For that matter, how's that any different from Trump having his picture taken with a taco bowl and saying, "I love Latinos"? (*shudder*) They're in BUSINESS, and sometimes, in order to attract a certain set of customers for what you're selling, you have to do what you think is necessary to attract that set of customers.

GET OVER YOURSELVES! Not everything in this world is a grand freaking conspiracy out to destroy conservatism!

That's only if "conservative views" is equal to "racist" and "stupid". And ESPN didn't fire him - he resigned. But to remind everyone of just how stupid Rush was:

Donovan McNabb has been to three straight
Pro Bowls and two consecutive NFC championship games, and was
runner-up for NFL MVP in his first full season as a starter.

Still, commentator Rush Limbaugh saw fit to question the quarterback's credentials.

Before McNabb led the Philadelphia Eagles to a 23-13 victory
over the Buffalo Bills, Limbaugh said on ESPN's "Sunday NFL
Countdown" that McNabb is overrated. However, Limbaugh injected his comment with racial overtones that have set off a controversy.

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh
said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in
the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback
do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a
lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't
deserve. The defense carried this team."

But I get it - you just want everyone to feel sorry for conservatives because Rush was treated SO badly by ESPN. The world is SO unfair to conservatives, huh? I mean, it sure is terribly discriminatory to not be allowed to be as discriminatory as you want towards people you don't like, huh?

Back
Top Bottom