• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

After firing conservatives for politics ESPN launches liberal political site

Eh, tbh I didn't really like the new Star Wars. Too much ripped off from the old movies, too many plot holes, etc. CGI doesn't make a good movie. :neutral:
Honestly, I thought the CGI was WAY better in this movie than in the prequels. In the prequels it was just a overload of CGI and most of the time it looked so terrible. But Episode III's CGI was pretty much alright, I have more of a problem with Episode I and II's use of CGI.

But I agree with you 100% on the rehashed plot points. Episode VII was basically built of the skeleton of the plot of Episode IV. But I liked the plot of A New Hope, so I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm just glad Star Wars is back again.

Honestly, I thought the CGI was WAY better in this movie than in the prequels. But I agree with you 100% on the rehashed plot points. Episode VII was basically built of the skeleton of the plot of Episode IV. But I liked the plot of A New Hope, so I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm just glad Star Wars is back again.

Same same :mrgreen:

Though the fact that the sanitation engineer somehow knows how to use a light saber on the first try despite it taking Luke Skywalker God knows how long to master was kinda sketchy :mrgreen:

You really don't see feminist crap in Arrow? There was the blond chick and that small girl that replaced her boyfriend. Both of them are bull**** characters.

Btw, I haven't seen the other stuff on your list, so I can't comment on them.
Are you talking about Felicity?

Don't mention race. Everyone is equal. Men shouldn't view other men differently based on their race. White people can't stop separating by race. Black people can't stop separating by race. So let's make sure we keep dividing by race!

My head hurts.

Well, imo, yes and no.

Shows like this seem to emphasize the differences between race by implying that race is a meaningful distinction. I think most people today believe that it is not.

I think there is a time and a place for discussions that involve race, and ESPN doesn't really qualify, in my mind.

However, i can't be so perturbed by the very concept that i'll dismiss the idea of this show based on such little information. If they are tying into Brown v Board of Education, maybe they're trying to exert a constructive cultural influence on young, black Americans.

So i do agree that this seems pretty ridiculous, but i think it's still possible for it to have value.

Same same :mrgreen:

Though the fact that the sanitation engineer somehow knows how to use a light saber on the first try despite it taking Luke Skywalker God knows how long to master was kinda sketchy :mrgreen:

Yeah, they should of executed that better. But I can just chock it to the fact that there was a "awakening in the Force", so that's how Rey was able to use a lightsaber.

Last edited:
Why would I be talking about Felicity? Isn't she just a computer geek or something?
She's the character that brought up all the controversy recently.

But more to the point, where exactly are you seeing this change in TV/Shows and movies?

She's the character that brought up all the controversy recently.

But more to the point, where exactly are you seeing this change in TV/Shows and movies?

Look at who takes which role, look at how the men behave v. the women, and tell me that women didn't take the male roles in movies and TV. It's also pretty clear that while it's acceptable for women to beat up men on pretty much every single ****ing TV show that has any sort of fighting scene in it at all, it's entirely unacceptable for it to be reversed. The next time you watch one of these tv shows tell me how many men get beaten up by women, how many times the leading male character acted like a child, a buffoon, or just cried. The old strong male respectable character can't even be found in Wolverine movies, ffs. I mean seriously, Wolverine of all people got forced into a tub by a woman. :/ Oh and btw, the two fighting women in arrow beat up countless men.

Look at who takes which role, look at how the men behave v. the women, and tell me that women didn't take the male roles in movies and TV.

What exactly is a "man's role"? What exactly is a "woman's role"?

It's also pretty clear that while it's acceptable for women to beat up men on pretty much every single ****ing TV show that has any sort of fighting scene in it at all, it's entirely unacceptable for it to be reversed.

I don't agree. I don't that kind of double standard play out in movies and TV shows.

The next time you watch one of these tv shows tell me how many men get beaten up by women, how many times the leading male character acted like a child, a buffoon, or just cried.

Not all men are going to be these strong Hulk-incarnate like beasts.

[/QUOTE]
The old strong male respectable character can't even be found in Wolverine movies, ffs. I mean seriously, Wolverine of all people got forced into a tub by a woman. :/ [/QUOTE]

I haven't watched any X-Men, so I can't really comment on that. But I'm thinking that you're probably just exaggerating.

Oh and btw, the two fighting women in arrow beat up countless men.

They are superheroes. I'd expect that from them.

What exactly is a "man's role"? What exactly is a "woman's role"?

Are women usually leading men through a fight? Who is more likely needing saved? Do you think the average man will likely need to be saved or the average woman?

I don't agree. I don't that kind of double standard play out in movies and TV shows.

Really? Even in shows where the main character is a man he will just break down in tears over the smallest of things.

Not all men are going to be these strong Hulk-incarnate like beasts.

You do realize strong like beasts are getting beaten up small women, right? Remember how in Dead pool that huge mother****er got punched like twenty feet by an average sized woman?

Furthermore, these are usually average sized guys in most cases, so they should be able to stand their own. You're also kind of forgetting what I told you before. Most smaller guys can in fact hold their own against the vast majority of women.

I haven't watched any X-Men, so I can't really comment on that. But I'm thinking that you're probably just exaggerating.

Not really.

They are superheroes. I'd expect that from them.

They are regular people. Arrow and those people associated with him don't have superpowers.

Curt Schilling

Also not fired for having conservative views. He was fired for repeatedly violating company social media policy, despite numerous warnings.

Just fired them for voicing conservative opinions "yuge" difference

Schilling was fired for a facebook post on his own time while Tony Kornheiser was allowed to say that the Tea Party was an American ISIS trying to establish a caliphate on ESPN radio.

No he wasn't. He asked someone if they felt that way. Howard Fineman, to be precise. Why he was interviewing Fineman, I have no idea.

Also not fired for having conservative views. He was fired for repeatedly violating company social media policy, despite numerous warnings.

Where he expressed conservative views.

You really don't see feminist crap in Arrow? There was the blond chick and that small girl that replaced her boyfriend. Both of them are bull**** characters.

Both of whom come directly from the comics.

No he wasn't. He asked someone if they felt that way. Howard Fineman, to be precise. Why he was interviewing Fineman, I have no idea.

He implied that he felt that way and asked Fineman if he agreed to which Fineman said “Yes! Yes! That’s a very good analogy"

Are women usually leading men through a fight? Who is more likely needing saved? Do you think the average man will likely need to be saved or the average woman?

The women that have exceptional leadership qualities do. For example, Carol Peletier, a major character from TWD, basically sing handedly took care of an entire group of crazed bandits by herself. But that was only because of the tactics that she used.

Really? Even in shows where the main character is a man he will just break down in tears over the smallest of things.

Which ones? From what I've seen that isn't the case at all. I mean characters Rick Grimes, the main character in TWD, have broken down in despair and agony, but that's only after something devastating happened to them.

You do realize strong like beasts are getting beaten up small women, right? Remember how in Dead pool that huge mother****er got punched like twenty feet by an average sized woman?

So what? If it's fantasy what's the issue? It's unrealistic to begin with. I don't really find much of an issue with women being able to take down giant beasts when it comes to fantasy. That's something both women and men shouldn't be able to do anyways.

Furthermore, these are usually average sized guys in most cases, so they should be able to stand their own. You're also kind of forgetting what I told you before. Most smaller guys can in fact hold their own against the vast majority of women.

And they usually do stand their own. It's not like it's always going to be an easy fight for the women or anything.

They are regular people. Arrow and those people associated with him don't have superpowers.

But they have exceptional combat skills. That's good enough of a reason for me.

Strange, I for one have never noticed a political "lean" and watch or listen to ESPN daily. I also wonder how a Sports Channel actually can have a political lean, from here it simply looks like more conservatives are trying to play the victim card once again.

Perhaps, but ESPN cannot afford to alienate large groups of viewers. They have lost considerable audience since they went all politically correct maybe starting with firing Rush Limbaugh for voicing (on his radio show, not ESPN) his fairly innocuous opinion that Donovan McNabb was actually overrated and was a press darling because he was black. This was when McNabb was turning in mediocre performances. Some other incidents like that began tarring ESPN with politics and not in a good way. Poltiical correctness is seen as a tool of the left, and sports fans are not a particularly politically correct bunch.

ESPN cannot afford to lose audience because it is 4 times as expensive for cable companies to offer than the next highest priced channel. (TNT)

Is ESPN A Giant Bubble About to Burst? | FOX Sports

Certainly their left leaning attributes do not account for all or maybe most of their loss in viewers. I will still watch ESPN if they are the only ones showing the football game I want to see. But I will admit I don't like them a lot these days and never look to see if they are offering anything interesting to watch. If there are lots of others out there like me, it sure isn't helping them.

The women that have exceptional leadership qualities do. For example, Carol Peletier, a major character from TWD, basically sing handedly took care of an entire group of crazed bandits by herself. But that was only because of the tactics that she used.

I wouldn't know anything about that example. The only time I even saw that show was near the beginning and she was pretty worthless back then.

Which ones? From what I've seen that isn't the case at all. I mean characters Rick Grimes, the main character in TWD, have broken down in despair and agony, but that's only after something devastating happened to them.

That's always the excuse. The man faces adversity and starts crying like a bitch. Happens all the time. Wife gets kidnapped? Cries like bitch. Daughter gets kidnapped? Cries like bitch. Girlfriend breaks up with him? Cries like bitch.

So what? If it's fantasy what's the issue? It's unrealistic to begin with. I don't really find much of an issue with women being able to take down giant beasts when it comes to fantasy. That's something both women and men shouldn't be able to do anyways.

The fact that's it's always the woman that is no where near the same size or strength as the man is telling.

And they usually do stand their own. It's not like it's always going to be an easy fight for the women or anything.

Name me an example when it wasn't.

But they have exceptional combat skills. That's good enough of a reason for me.

Really? So what, all their enemies are noobs? Why is there always an excuse for feminist bull****?

Just fired them for voicing conservative opinions "yuge" difference

Schilling was fired for a facebook post on his own time while Tony Kornheiser was allowed to say that the Tea Party was an American ISIS trying to establish a caliphate on ESPN radio.

Schilling was fired for running his mouth and ignoring previous warnings about that - nobody to blame but himself.

He ran his broadcasting career into the ground, along with his marriage and 38 Studios.

His history of conflicts with everyone else is his own fault, the moron, not ESPN's.

Company policy being "don't question the SJW narrative", apparently.

Company policy being "don't question the SJW narrative", apparently.

The policy appears to be don't speak an opinion that we disagree with. Or in other words, don't speak a view that is not accepted by the liberal elite.

That's always the excuse. The man faces adversity and starts crying like a bitch. Happens all the time. Wife gets kidnapped? Cries like bitch. Daughter gets kidnapped? Cries like bitch. Girlfriend breaks up with him? Cries like bitch.

Not Liam Neeson. X3.

Back
Top Bottom