• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

After eighteen months...

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I just learned from our president that the trees in california after eighteen months just dry up and since no water is running through them, they just explode. He also received a call from another world leader who told him they have much more explosive trees than california and yet have no problems.

Trump knows more about forests than anyone.

I will need an awful lot of bourbon for this conversation.

I just learned from our president that the trees in california after eighteen months just dry up and since no water is running through them, they just explode. He also received a call from another world leader who told him they have much more explosive trees than california and yet have no problems.

He knows they are burning down in California.

And you learned this how? Divine inspiration, read it on the walls of a stall in the men's room at the Bakersfield McDonald's, a mysterious strange whispered to you on a bus?

I don't know if you've seen some of the latest footage from the fires here on the West Coast but trees do burst into flame violently.

And you learned this how? Divine inspiration, read it on the walls of a stall in the men's room at the Bakersfield McDonald's, a mysterious strange whispered to you on a bus?

I don't know if you've seen some of the latest footage from the fires here on the West Coast but trees do burst into flame violently.

I learned it by watching our president say it on tv.

So when do you think you will do some research on the role and responsibilities of the President and start blaming Governors for their failures in states all over the country? Doesn't it bother you that liberal states and cities all over the country run by Democrats for decades are having problems with major issues facing their cities and you continue to promote the same ideology over and over again expecting different results/

So when do you think you will do some research on the role and responsibilities of the President and start blaming Governors for their failures in states all over the country? Doesn't it bother you that liberal states and cities all over the country run by Democrats for decades are having problems with major issues facing their cities and you continue to promote the same ideology over and over again expecting different results/

With your thinking we should evacuate the whole east coast because of hurricanes. Texas and Louisiana are about to get blasted again. Florida and the carolinas are also a favorite target and let's not forget puerto rico. Should we also blame republican governors for all the losses by hurricanes? The right is more interested in blame than admitting this is all caused by climate change. Parts of miami are already getting flooded by king tides which didn't happen years ago.

With your thinking we should evacuate the whole east coast because of hurricanes. Texas and Louisiana are about to get blasted again. Florida and the carolinas are also a favorite target and let's not forget puerto rico. Should we also blame republican governors for all the losses by hurricanes? The right is more interested in blame than admitting this is all caused by climate change. Parts of miami are already getting flooded by king tides which didn't happen years ago.

This has nothing to do with Hurricanes but is basically the same principle. the governor requests a disaster declaration and then the Federal Gov't responds, not vice versa. Why are people like you so civics challenged. You cannot seem to grasp the Constitutional requirements of the President and State Governors. Do you live in this country?

You are correct.

Tons of dead trees and other crap on the forest floor that "explodes" without much provocation.

No video to show you, but on ABC news last week, a pile of such crap burst into flames right behind a reporter where there was no fire moments before that.

The western states should do some logging and sell the lumber each year creating semi-natural firebreaks rather than letting tens of millions of dollars of lumber burn each year. No rocket science required, just elect some democrats with brains for a change.

You are correct.

Tons of dead trees and other crap on the forest floor that "explodes" without much provocation.

No video to show you, but on ABC news last week, a pile of such crap burst into flames right behind a reporter where there was no fire moments before that.

The western states should do some logging and sell the lumber each year creating semi-natural firebreaks rather than letting tens of millions of dollars of lumber burn each year. No rocket science required, just elect some democrats with brains for a change.

Democrats with a brain?? Interesting how racial unrest, rioting, looting, destruction of property and statues in cities around the country run by Democrats for decades is ignored. Do those people have the brain that you are talking about?

you have to rake the forest limbs as well as the floors I guess.

Well, copy and paste ain't gonna work, I see, using this tablet. Lol
Democrats with a brain?? Interesting how racial unrest, rioting, looting, destruction of property and statues in cities around the country run by Democrats for decades is ignored. Do those people have the brain that you are talking about?
Wrong thread. Take it elsewhere.

What’s going on in California and more severe storms in the plains states are all due to climate change, that requires a national response, at a time when the national government is going the opposite way.

Blaming the governors is a sorry excuse. They’re doing what they can absent a national solution. And no, raking the forests isn’t a solution.

What about the rakes....do they have better rakes as well?

What’s going on in California and more severe storms in the plains states are all due to climate change,
What's happening in California is the result of decades of mismanagement that will take decades to fix.

Their trees don't cause problems because the only way they explode is in extreme cold, and there is some thoughts on them blowing up in a fire, but they just don't blow up because it's hot out. In other words, there is already a fire going on so that isn't what's causing the problem there and freezing trees isn't the problem either.

Well, copy and paste ain't gonna work, I see, using this tablet. Lol

Wrong thread. Take it elsewhere.

Understand why you want actual results taken somewhere else. Radical liberalism is on full attack mode doing its best to put Kamala Harris a heart beat from the Presidency

Understand why you want actual results taken somewhere else. Radical liberalism is on full attack mode doing its best to put Kamala Harris a heart beat from the Presidency
This thread is about the wildfires in California and their cause. It is NOT about protesters or the evil Democratic party.

This thread is about the wildfires in California and their cause. It is NOT about protesters or the evil Democratic party.
Right so tell us all how the President of the United States is responsible for those fires and every other negative thing in California? When was the last time California has a GOP legislature making the laws? You and others keep voting for the same ideology over and over again expecting different results, why?

Right so tell us all how the President of the United States is responsible for those fires and every other negative thing in California? When was the last time California has a GOP legislature making the laws? You and others keep voting for the same ideology over and over again expecting different results, why?
Find the quote where I ever said any of that. Until then, stick to the topic instead of trolling Dems.

And I'm not a Dem.

Find the quote where I ever said any of that. Until then, stick to the topic instead of trolling Dems.

And I'm not a Dem.

then my apology but this is an open forum and that has been insinuated by others, you just happen to be the person I responded to, have to be more careful in the future

Back
Top Bottom