• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

After Downing Street, Talking Points

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
1. secretly decided to go to war;
2. decided to deceive and mislead the Congress and the American people with false claims about both weapons of mass destruction and ties between Saddam Hussein and 9-11;
3. secretly diverted $700 million from the War in Afghanistan and started bombing Iraq to provoke a war;
4. agreed to go to the UN only to "legalize" an illegal invasion - and then walked out of the U.N. when inspections worked.

Items 2 and 3 are both impeachable offenses. The Bush Administration's conspiracy to deceive Congress culminated in a fraudulent letter to Congress on March 18, 2003, claiming continued U.N. inspections would endanger the national security of the United States.
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/611

This fraud violated the federal anti-conspiracy statute, 18 U.S.C. § 371, which makes it a felony "to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose..."; and The False Statements Accountability Act of 1996, 18 U.S.C. § 1001, which makes it a felony to issue knowingly and willfully false statements to the United States Congress.

President Bush did not declare war until March 2003. Congress did not authorize military action until October 11, 2002. But Bush began an air war six weeks before that authorization and increased "spikes of activity" five months before. This means that additional communications to Congress from the President, claiming that he had not yet begun the war, may be felonious, and that Bush violated the Constitutional requirement that Congress authorize any war.

These criminal actions constitute High Crimes under Article II, Section 4 of the United States Constitution: "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

A June 23-26, 2005, ABC/Washington Post poll found 52 percent of Americans believe the Bush administration "deliberately misled the public before the war," a nine-point increase in three months. And 57 percent say the Bush administration "intentionally exaggerated its evidence that pre-war Iraq possessed nuclear, chemical or biological weapons." http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/549 A June 27-29, 2005, Zogby poll found 42 percent of Americans say that "if it is found that President Bush did not tell the truth about his reasons for going to war with Iraq, Congress should hold him accountable through impeachment." According to Zogby, in Eastern and Western states supporters of impeachment outnumber opponents. http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/592 The 42 percent above is significantly higher than the 27 percent of Americans who favored impeachment of President Clinton before impeachment proceedings began in 1998. http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/610

Originally posted by ban.the.electoral.college:
...increased "spikes of activity" five months before.
ban,

you're being way too kind to the "politcally neo-insane"! With the amount of ordinance we dropped during this time, calling it a "spike", is an understatement. We dropped a lot of bombs.

Billo_Really said:
ban,

you're being way too kind to the "politcally neo-insane"! With the amount of ordinance we dropped during this time, calling it a "spike", is an understatement. We dropped a lot of bombs.

Sorry, Billo. That's a quote, not my actual words.

Sorry, Billo. That's a quote, not my actual words.
I know. I was just baiting the hook in case any neo's were passing thru.

Haha. Nice one!
RightatNYU, where are you?

GarzaUK said:
How much media time did the Downing Street Memo get in the US?

Not much, esp. after the reporter admitted he had no original documents because he supposedly destroyed them. Remember we had the RatherGate memos just prior to the DSM and those were patently forged documents, so if any validity was going to be given to the DSM originals would have had to be presented.

ETC(SW/AW)
USN Ret.

lmfao why didn't it get any play in the media . . . BECAUSE IT WAS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hay guys I got a memo here that proves that Bill Clinton was playing golf with O.B.L. on the morning of 9-10-01, only trouble is is that I got it from an anonomous source who I refuse to disclose, I copied it retyped the copy, burned the copy, and returned the original to this anonomous source.

Seriously if this is all you guys got you've got nothing.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
lmfao why didn't it get any play in the media . . . BECAUSE IT WAS FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hay guys I got a memo here that proves that Bill Clinton was playing golf with O.B.L. on the morning of 9-10-01, only trouble is is that I got it from an anonomous source who I refuse to disclose, I copied it retyped the copy, burned the copy, and returned the original to this anonomous source.

Seriously if this is all you guys got you've got nothing.

How come Tony Blair refused to say it was fake?

GarzaUK said:
How come Tony Blair refused to say it was fake?

Why didn't the Bush administration comment on the Rathergate memo? Because they would rather have the fifth estate sort out it's own b.s., if there was any merit to this memo wouldn't it be on every front page in the country? Read my post and use your common sense it's an obvious forgery.

Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
Why didn't the Bush administration comment on the Rathergate memo? Because they would rather have the fifth estate sort out it's own b.s., if there was any merit to this memo wouldn't it be on every front page in the country? Read my post and use your common sense it's an obvious forgery.
There isn't one member of either government associated with DSM that has come out and said it was a fake. Not one! If it actually was a fake, don't you think someone would have publically said so by now? But no one has. Why is that?

Billo_Really said:
There isn't one member of either government associated with DSM that has come out and said it was a fake. Not one! If it actually was a fake, don't you think someone would have publically said so by now? But no one has. Why is that?

lmfao So failure to comment is admission? Did anyone comment on the RatherGate memo? Did that make it any less fake?

Back
Top Bottom