• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

After Doug Jones, which incumbent is most likely to lose?

Everyone knows a Doug Jones victory would be Earth-shattering because the state's voters only care about the letter R next to a candidate's name. They don't care about the fact this is Tommy Tuberville's first run for a public office and did nothing except coach football teams before throwing his name in the Republican race. With that said, who would you rank at #2 for most vulnerable Senator seeking re-election? Do you agree with the CNN rankings?

Susan Collins and Martha McSally.

Susan Collins and Martha McSally.
you might be right on that. I get emails from both McSally and her opponent and each claim the other has out raised the other.

I wonder if collins saved herself by voting against Barrett, or pissed off some Republicans to the point they won't vote for her

you might be right on that. I get emails from both McSally and her opponent and each claim the other has out raised the other.

I wonder if collins saved herself by voting against Barrett, or pissed off some Republicans to the point they won't vote for her

Do you think there will be many who spit their vote? Trump will win Arizona and carry McSally. I think Collins will win in Maine but not by her normal huge margin. Trump's coattails are going to carry James in Michigan as well. Colorado is the Dems best shot at flipping one.

Do you think there will be many who spit their vote? Trump will win Arizona and carry McSally. I think Collins will win in Maine but not by her normal huge margin. Trump's coattails are going to carry James in Michigan as well. Colorado is the Dems best shot at flipping one.
I honestly have no idea what will happen. Arizona has lots of gun owners and Kelly is a hard core gun banner, but they have lots of old people who are terrified of COVID and might by into Biden bullshit blaming Trump.

I honestly have no idea what will happen. Arizona has lots of gun owners and Kelly is a hard core gun banner, but they have lots of old people who are terrified of COVID and might by into Biden bullshit blaming Trump.
I think arizonians understand why he is and would probably give him a pass for that. Their beloved gabby giffords is his wife and she was shot there by a mad teabagger.

I think arizonians understand why he is and would probably give him a pass for that. Their beloved gabby giffords is his wife and she was shot there by a mad teabagger.
you keep lying by calling Loughner a tea bagger.

Right now I think it looks good for Trump to take Arizona and that means McSally has a better chance. The people at the rally in AZ. today sure appeared enthusiastic to vote for her. The latest polls out of AZ for what they are worth showed McSally closing the gap. One showed her up +2 and another tied.
McSally has been hitting Kelly hard over his business ties with China. So at this point I put her in the likely column to win re-election.

It is looking good for Tillis. He too has been closing the gap with Cunningham in NC. Cunningham and his recent marital affairs exposed and now being investigated by the military has been laying low. I am sure that has had a lot to do with it. The Democrat governor of NC was caught on a hot mic telling Biden NC will go to him and they will drag Cunningham across the finish line. That did not go over well with many voters.

The only two I really see in jeopardy are Collins and Gardner in NV. Trump is closing the gap in NV. If Trump wins NV Gardner will keep his seat.

Right now I think it looks good for Trump to take Arizona and that means McSally has a better chance. The people at the rally in AZ. today sure appeared enthusiastic to vote for her. The latest polls out of AZ for what they are worth showed McSally closing the gap. One showed her up +2 and another tied.
McSally has been hitting Kelly hard over his business ties with China. So at this point I put her in the likely column to win re-election.

It is looking good for Tillis. He too has been closing the gap with Cunningham in NC. Cunningham and his recent marital affairs exposed and now being investigated by the military has been laying low. I am sure that has had a lot to do with it. The Democrat governor of NC was caught on a hot mic telling Biden NC will go to him and they will drag Cunningham across the finish line. That did not go over well with many voters.

The only two I really see in jeopardy are Collins and Gardner in NV. Trump is closing the gap in NV. If Trump wins NV Gardner will keep his seat.

I see one poll with McSally up and Kelly up in one poll in the last week on RCP and two polls with McSally up and 13 with Kelly up in the last week on 538.

Gardner is in Colorado.

I see one poll with McSally up and Kelly up in one poll in the last week on RCP and two polls with McSally up and 13 with Kelly up in the last week on 538.

Gardner is in Colorado.
thanks Anagram for pointing out Gardner is indeed in Colorado. You know it is challenging to keep up with all of it. I think Gardner is in trouble.

Word to the wise: do not gamble on you political prognostications!

It's sad to see Jones go. I wouldn't feel so bad as an Alabamian if he was losing to someone with some measure of competence, but Tuberville is going to be the most clueless person in the US Senate.

It baffles me that someone who is totally inexperienced beyond college football decided to run for Senate

It baffles me that someone who is totally inexperienced beyond college football decided to run for Senate
well Maized and Confused Hirono of Hawaii allegedly has a law degree from Georgetown and she is dumber than the critters that raids trash cans at night

All he needed to do is tag an "R" to his name and not be a possible pedophile. That's how bad politics in AL is.

Seeming like Gardner and Collins are pretty likely at this point. Good riddance to both, especially Collins. For some reason I am not as confident with McSally as a lot are, probably just because it is in AZ and I still see that state tinted red.

Word to the wise: do not gamble on you political prognostications!
Thought I had a bet with @Deuce but he hasn't accepted. He was offering 2-1 odds.
Its not really fair anyway for me to take advantage of those immersed in fake news and suppression polls. If you get the sweep you're expecting, the few dollars I bet will be the least of my woes.

You might be right on that. I get emails from both McSally and her opponent and each claim the other has out raised the other.

I wonder if Collins saved herself by voting against Barrett, or pissed off some Republicans to the point they won't vote for her

Why did you get emails for out-of-state races? They don't care about Ohio.

Susan Collins was very clear. She did not want the confirmation hearing to be scheduled until after November 3. Her vote against Amy Coney Barrett was really against Mitch McConnell's stupid hypocrisy. It is certainly possible she did want Barrett to be confirmed, just not this week.

Why did you get emails for out-of-state races? They don't care about Ohio.

Susan Collins was very clear. She did not want the confirmation hearing to be scheduled until after November 3. Her vote against Amy Coney Barrett was really against Mitch McConnell's stupid hypocrisy. It is certainly possible she did want Barrett to be confirmed, just not this week.
Money is money. when the 17th amendment was passed, it assured us that senators started playing to a wider audience. In the last day I have emails from McSally, Graham, Collins, and several other senators

Only the most ignorant voters can make either of these predictions. Arizona has been favoring Joe Biden for two months and Mark Kelly was never in danger of losing.

Only the most ignorant voters can make either of these predictions. Arizona has been leaning Joe Biden and likely Mark Kelly for months.

Can't wait to come here on the 4th.

Only the most ignorant voters give any credence to pollsters so thoroughly discredited in 2016. Only the most ignorant voters would give credence to the fake news who have been pushing Democrat narratives.

Can't wait to come here on the 4th.

Only the most ignorant voters give any credence to pollsters so thoroughly discredited in 2016. Only the most ignorant voters would give credence to the fake news who have been pushing Democrat narratives.

Don't you waste time looking at biased polls such as Rasmussen that are clearly pushing Republican narratives?

I've been thinking about that Collins vote too. I wonder if it will help her or hurt her. She's in the race for life that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom